Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Formatting the Log file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Formatting the Log file Post 302108211 by sharif on Saturday 24th of February 2007 08:31:51 AM
Old 02-24-2007
Clarification

HI,
I am running hundreds of programs in the backround using my script.
I am using
nohup scriptname > conlog.log 2>&1 & inside the script.

I want to format the log file conlog.log. I hope u understood this time.
The format should be like this...

timestamp : process id : scriptname : output message

Tnx.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with formatting of file.

I have a file with following file format - DMCRH|||83000171|||14022008||0430|||8956612.23|J|||3571235|1378452|23468|6894|9234| DMCRH|||83000215|||15092007||0480|||121.33|J|||LineID003|RefNumSP003|RefNumMem003|0004|0003| What i need done is - 1. Cut the firt four digits of the date (eg 1402... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: divz
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formatting a file.

I want to format a file to limit record length = 100, in each line. Any idea how i can do this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhilasha
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with file formatting

Hi, I have a file with below contents: AAA pqr,jkl,mnop,abcd BBB abc,pqrs,xyz,uvw, efgh,uvw, rpk CCC 123,456,789 Need output file as below: AAA,pqr,jkl,mnop,abcd BBB,abc,pqrs,xyz,uvw,efgh,uvw,rpk (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
18 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting a file....

Hi, I have written a script which directs output of vmstat to a file... The file consists of 15 lines in all..... Through scripting I would like to re-format the file excluding first 4 lines... I donot wish to use vi editor and manually delete lines but i want this process to be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmbedUX
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Formatting

Hi, Need to delete all the records prior to pattern (INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE). If ' is available, then need to retain it. Input ====================== l_s := ' INSERT INTO TEST' l_P PD := ' UPDATE INTO TEST' l_D := ' DELETE INTO TEST' This is test Input ======================... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabhbaisakhi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Formatting

Hi, Need to delete all the records prior to pattern (INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE). If ' is available, then need to retain it. Input ====================== l_s := ' INSERT INTO TEST' l_P PD := ' UPDATE INTO TEST' l_D := ' DELETE INTO TEST' This is test Output ======================... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabhbaisakhi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting file data to another file (control character related)

I have to write a program to read data from files and then format into another file. However, I face a strange problem related to control character that I can't understand and solve. The source file is compose of many lines with such format: T_NAME|P_NAME|P_CODE|DOCUMENT_PATH|REG_DATE ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hk6279
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

HP IML log formatting

HP hardware Linux SLES version 10 shell script, ksh or sh I am taking the output of the IML log and ultimately want to find only entries 30 days old. I am getting some unexpected results along the way. hpasmcli -s "SHOW IML" Event: 4 Added: 06/12/2012 13:56 INFO: Maintenance Note -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snoman1
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Formatting a file

Hi Experts I have a file which looks as follows acttest /report/fieldsinf/acttest/LIVE/acttest Chris New teatin1 /report/fieldsinf/eatin1/TEST/teatin1 Chris New eatin1 /report/fieldsinf/eatin1/LIVE/eatin1 Chris New tbectest ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Formatting data in a raw file by using another mapping file

Hi All, i have a requirement where i need to format the input RAW file ( which is CSV) by using another mapping file(also CSV file). basically i am getting feed file with dynamic headers by using mapping file (in that target field is mapped with source filed) i have to convert the raw file into... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi4informatic
6 Replies
GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)                                               User Commands                                              GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)

NAME
grub-render-label - generate a .disk_label for Apple Macs. SYNOPSIS
grub-render-label [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Render Apple .disk_label. -b, --bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for background -c, --color=COLOR use COLOR for text -f, --font=FILE use FILE as font (PF2). -i, --input=FILE read text from FILE. -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -t, --text=STRING set the label to render -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-render-label is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-render-label programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-render-label should give you access to the complete manual. grub-render-label (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)