Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Executing remotely the script Post 302107703 by sb008 on Tuesday 20th of February 2007 08:04:57 AM
Old 02-20-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by elthox
Hi All,

I have a script to be executed in another machine. I connect to that machine from another server as a root ( this is the only configured access, as i cannot log in as a normal user). After that I have to switch to a normal user and that I can be able to executge that script. But all this is done manually, that why Im interested in finding a way to automate the execution and not typing always:

remsh machine_name
su - sc
./script.sh

Please could anyone help me
Code:
remsh machine_name "su - sc -c \"./script.sh\""

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remotely executing awk command

ssh user@machine awk '{ split ($1,ar,"!");print ar}' samp >samp1 Error: Unmatched '. However on <machine> awk '{ split ($1,ar,"!");print ar}' samp >samp1 executes successfully. Any suggestions. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

Script for Changing an IP address remotely

Hi Fellows, I am a beginner in shell scripting struggling with a script. I have to write a script to change the IP address of computer remotely running on solaris or Linux ,which is to be added to a cluster.I am working on unix. Presently the administrator runs a sanity check script on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pranav.mehta3
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

remotely call function from local script

The following code doesn't work properly which means it doesn't displays remote output. #!/bin/ksh #################### Function macAddressFinder ######################## macAddressFinder() { `ifconfig -a > ipInterfaces` `cat ipInterfaces` }... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: presul
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to remotely start an application instance

just wanted to ask if anybody have script template for the subject above so I can make ti as my guide? example a. server 1.1.1.1: restart script located at /etc/init.d/glassfish.sh b. server 2.2.2.2: central script that support admin will use to execute to restart the /etc/init.d/glassfish.sh... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remotely Execute a script

Hi, What is the best way to remotely execute a script? Scenario: 1 Unix box creates a file and moves it to a 2nd unix box 2nd unix box must then move the file to a windows server How can i execute the ftp script on the 2nd server, I need to schedule the command to automate it!? I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcclunyboy
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems with remotely executing scripts

Hi, in the below command, i export a value to a variable which later is used by the script, however i dont see the exported value is actually been exported. ssh user@host "export var=/path/ ; cd /path/ ; ./script" how can i use the above command with proper value of var remotley (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: suraj.sheikh
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Then error while running script remotely

facing issue with then error while running a local script aginst a remote server. i facing the same issue in multiple scripts. So what i am missing here or what is needed. #!/bin/ksh echo "enter the filename" read file if then echo "file exists" else echo "file does not exists" fi ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NarayanaPrakash
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remotely Executing Shell Script - Problems

Hey Lads, I have a shell script on a remote Server X that i need to execute from Server A. the script executes fine locally but remotely does not. It appears the script on the remote machine is calling another shell script which only has an array defined . Please see below the errors. ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Irishboy24
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[perl] execute remotely script

Hello Can some help with write part of perl script I need something like this in perl SSH="/bin/ssh -o BatchMode=yes -o" USER="test" SRV="server" SCRIPT_TO_EXEC="/tmp/test.sh" -> shell script OUT=/tmp/out.file ${SSH} -l ${USER} ${SRV} 'sudo /usr/bin/ksh -s' < ${SCRIPT_TO_EXEC} >> ${OUT}... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikus
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run yes/no script remotely

I have this script in server2 # cat /root/yesno.sh #!/bin/bash read -p "are you sure?" -n 1 -r if $ ]]; then echo "" echo "YES" else echo "NO" fi # sh /root/yesno.sh are you sure?y YES (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
5 Replies
after(n)						       Tcl Built-In Commands							  after(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
after - Execute a command after a time delay SYNOPSIS
after ms after ms ?script script script ...? after cancel id after cancel script script script ... after idle ?script script script ...? after info ?id? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This command is used to delay execution of the program or to execute a command in background sometime in the future. It has several forms, depending on the first argument to the command: after ms Ms must be an integer giving a time in milliseconds. The command sleeps for ms milliseconds and then returns. While the command is sleeping the application does not respond to events. after ms ?script script script ...? In this form the command returns immediately, but it arranges for a Tcl command to be executed ms milliseconds later as an event handler. The command will be executed exactly once, at the given time. The delayed command is formed by concatenating all the script arguments in the same fashion as the concat command. The command will be executed at global level (outside the context of any Tcl procedure). If an error occurs while executing the delayed command then the bgerror mechanism is used to report the error. The after command returns an identifier that can be used to cancel the delayed command using after cancel. after cancel id Cancels the execution of a delayed command that was previously scheduled. Id indicates which command should be canceled; it must have been the return value from a previous after command. If the command given by id has already been executed then the after can- cel command has no effect. after cancel script script ... This command also cancels the execution of a delayed command. The script arguments are concatenated together with space separators (just as in the concat command). If there is a pending command that matches the string, it is cancelled and will never be executed; if no such command is currently pending then the after cancel command has no effect. after idle script ?script script ...? Concatenates the script arguments together with space separators (just as in the concat command), and arranges for the resulting script to be evaluated later as an idle callback. The script will be run exactly once, the next time the event loop is entered and there are no events to process. The command returns an identifier that can be used to cancel the delayed command using after can- cel. If an error occurs while executing the script then the bgerror mechanism is used to report the error. after info ?id? This command returns information about existing event handlers. If no id argument is supplied, the command returns a list of the identifiers for all existing event handlers created by the after command for this interpreter. If id is supplied, it specifies an existing handler; id must have been the return value from some previous call to after and it must not have triggered yet or been cancelled. In this case the command returns a list with two elements. The first element of the list is the script associated with id, and the second element is either idle or timer to indicate what kind of event handler it is. The after ms and after idle forms of the command assume that the application is event driven: the delayed commands will not be executed unless the application enters the event loop. In applications that are not normally event-driven, such as tclsh, the event loop can be entered with the vwait and update commands. SEE ALSO
bgerror(n), concat(n), update(n), vwait(n) KEYWORDS
cancel, delay, idle callback, sleep, time Tcl 7.5 after(n)