Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to use tcpdump to track packets(mails) ? Post 302107628 by sb008 on Monday 19th of February 2007 05:16:31 PM
Old 02-19-2007
Code:
tcpdump -i <interface> src host <hostname or ip of host1> dst host <hostname or ip of host2> port 25 or 143

Optionally you can use the "-s", "-v", "-vv" or "-vvv" option depending on the info you need.

If you want the analyze the traffic in some application like Ethereal you can use the "-w" option as well.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How To Use tcpdump

I have two net-card. one is 172.16.24.99(ENG) ,another is 172.16.25.99(ENG-B). Both masks is 255.255.255.0. I will monitor data on the tcp port 8055 in ENG, How do I set option of tcpdump command (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenhao_no1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tcpdump

does anybody know what the -d -dd and -ddd options are used for ? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ant04
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Possible to track FTP user last login? Last and Finger don't track them.

Like the topic says, does anyone know if it is possible to check to see when an FTP only user has logged in? Because the shell is /bin/false and they are only using FTP to access the system doing a "finger" or "last" it says they have never logged in. Is there a way to see when ftp users log in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
1 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

i would like to know about tcpdump

i would like to know about tcpdump i would like to use tcpdump to get information about these - Date - time - source hostname - source mac address - source ip address - destination ip address - see outbound only then i use command like this tcpdump -i le0 -n -q -tttt -e src net... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chamnanpol
0 Replies

5. IP Networking

i would like to know about tcpdump

i would like to know about tcpdump i would like to use tcpdump to get information about these - Date - time - source hostname - source mac address - source ip address - destination ip address - see outbound only then i use command like this tcpdump -i le0 -n -q -tttt -e src net... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chamnanpol
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

tcpdump -w file is not capturing all the packets

I am trying to capture tcpdump for traffic to a port in a file but this does not seem to capture all the packets. Command I use is : tcpdump -w tdump.dat port 22 Why is it not capturing all the packets ? Here is my experiment: root@pmode-client6 adc-demo]# tcpdump port 22 tcpdump:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radiatejava
5 Replies

7. IP Networking

Capture packets (TcpDump) and forwarding them

Hi, I want to capture a certain type of packets (selected according to the protocol) coming to my PC and then transmit them to another PC. I had the idea to use tcpdump to filter input packets and extract those chosen. Well my questions are: 1- after filtering input packets, those that have not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziedf
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tcpdump -i any does not work

Hi Everyone, anyone face "tcpdump -i any" does not work? i mean if i use -i eth0, can capture eth0, or use -i eth1 also can. but then tcpdump -i any, seems cannot capture packets. :confused: please advice, thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
2 Replies

9. Debian

Tcpdump Help !

Hi. Need Help with TcpDump Trying to sniff associatio-request with tcpdump but when i run this tcpdump -i eth0 wlan subtype assoc-req i get this error can anyone help me with this error ? Thanks alot !!:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SoulZB
1 Replies

10. IP Networking

TCPdump

I've recently started learning to use TCPdump, and I find it pretty interesting. There's one thing I don't understand. When I tell it to capture packets on, say, the WiFi interface en1, it often captures packets sent or received by other hosts on the network. How can it do this? My... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
3 Replies
CLAWS-MAIL-PGPINLI(1)					    CLAWS-MAIL-PGPINLINE Manual 				     CLAWS-MAIL-PGPINLI(1)

NAME
claws-mail-pgpinline - Handling of PGP/Inline signed and/or encrypted mails. DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the claws-mail-pgpinline plugin. This manual page was written for the Debian distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. claws-mail-pgpinline is a plugin (loadable module) for the Claws Mail mailer. This plugin allows decrypting mails, verifying signatures and sign or encrypt your own mails using PGP/Inline. It requires GnuPG and GPGME. Notice this method for signing or encryption is deprecated and you probably should be using PGP/MIME, but it is still provided for compatibility with user agents which are unable to handle the 10-year old PGP/MIME standard (being Outlook from Windows platform the most noticeable example). USAGE
Before using a plugin you must instruct Claws Mail to load it on startup. For this you must go "Configuration" menu on main window toolbar, open "Plugins..." dialog, click on the "Load plugin..." button and select the plugin file, named pgpinline.so, and press the "Open" button. FILES
/usr/lib/claws-mail/plugins/pgpinline.so The loadable module for claws-mail-pgpinline. ~/.gnupg/gpg.conf Configuration file for GnuPG, read man gpg for details. BUGS
Please use reportbug claws-mail-pgpinline for reporting Debian bugs for this package. The upstream BTS can be found at http://www.thewildbeast.co.uk/claws-mail/bugzilla/index.cgi. SEE ALSO
claws-mail(1), claws-mail-extra-plugins(1), claws-mail-pgpmime(1), gpg(1) AUTHORS
The Claws Mail Team <theteam@claws-mail.org> Wrote the claws-mail-pgpinline plugin. Ricardo Mones <mones@debian.org> Wrote this manpage for the Debian system. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Ricardo Mones This manual page was written for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. claws-mail-pgpinline September, 2008 CLAWS-MAIL-PGPINLI(1)