Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Segmentation fault , OSF1/TRU64 Post 302106899 by moshe fried on Tuesday 13th of February 2007 05:48:58 AM
Old 02-13-2007
it seems to be an oracle problem, which can be for many reasons.
I would advise you to try two things. first if you have truss run the command when running the process.
Secondly if you are using a manual debbuger, then type script file before using it, and send me the complete output of the debuggers run.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

segmentation fault

sometimes for this code i get a segmentation fault for codes llike this : int main{ int * a= 0; int b; a = (int*)malloc(sizeof(int)); ///some code using these variable but no freeing of a if(a){ free(a); a = 0; } return... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wojtyla
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Segmentation Fault

hello all, I tried a program on an array to intialise array elements from the standard input device.it is an integer array of 5 elements.but after entering the 4th element it throws a message called "Segmentation Fault" and returns to the command prompt without asking for the 5th element. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: compbug
3 Replies

3. Programming

Hi! segmentation fault

I have written a program which takes a directory as command line arguments and displays all the dir and files in it. I don't know why I have a problem with the /etc directory.It displays all the directories and files untill it reaches a sub directory called peers which is in /etc/ppp/peers.the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijlak
4 Replies

4. Programming

segmentation fault

ive written my code in C for implementation of a simple lexical analyser using singly linked list hence am making use of dynamic allocation,but when run in linux it gives a segmentation fault is it cause of the malloc function that ive made use of????any suggestions as to what i could do??? thank... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockgal
8 Replies

5. Programming

segmentation fault

What is segmentation fault(core dumped) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gokult
1 Replies

6. Programming

Segmentation fault in C

i have this code int already_there(char *client_names, char *username) { int i; for(i = 0; i<NUM; i++) { printf("HERE\n"); if (strcmp(client_names, username)==0) return(1); } return(0); } and i get a segmentation fault, whats wrong here? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
7 Replies

7. Programming

Using gdb, ignore beginning segmentation fault until reproduce environment segmentation fault

I use a binary name (ie polo) it gets some parameter , so for debugging normally i do this : i wrote script for watchdog my app (polo) and check every second if it's not running then start it , the problem is , if my app , remain in state of segmentation fault for a while (ie 15 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pooyair
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Segmentation fault

Hi Guys, I just installed and booted a zone called testzone. When I logged in remotely and tried changing to root user I get this error: "Segmentation fault" Can someone please help me resolve this? Thanks alot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjashu
2 Replies

9. Programming

Segmentation fault

I keep getting this fault on a lot of the codes I write, I'm not exactly sure why so I'd really appreciate it if someone could explain the idea to me. For example this code #include <stdio.h> main() { unsigned long a=0; unsigned long b=0; int z; { printf("Enter two... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sizzler786
2 Replies

10. Programming

C. To segmentation fault or not to segmentation fault, that is the question.

Oddities with gcc, 2.95.3 for the AMIGA and 4.2.1 for MY current OSX 10.14.1... I am creating a basic calculator for the AMIGA ADE *NIX emulator in C as it does not have one. Below are two very condensed snippets of which I have added the results inside the each code section. IMPORTANT!... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
11 Replies
SYSTEMD-SYSCTL.SERVICE(8)				      systemd-sysctl.service					 SYSTEMD-SYSCTL.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-sysctl.service, systemd-sysctl - Configure kernel parameters at boot SYNOPSIS
/lib/systemd/systemd-sysctl [OPTIONS...] [CONFIGFILE...] systemd-sysctl.service DESCRIPTION
systemd-sysctl.service is an early boot service that configures sysctl(8) kernel parameters by invoking /lib/systemd/systemd-sysctl. When invoked with no arguments, /lib/systemd/systemd-sysctl applies all directives from configuration files listed in sysctl.d(5). If one or more filenames are passed on the command line, only the directives in these files are applied. In addition, --prefix= option may be used to limit which sysctl settings are applied. See sysctl.d(5) for information about the configuration of sysctl settings. After sysctl configuration is changed on disk, it must be written to the files in /proc/sys before it takes effect. It is possible to update specific settings, or simply to reload all configuration, see Examples below. OPTIONS
--prefix= Only apply rules with the specified prefix. -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. EXAMPLES
Example 1. Reset all sysctl settings systemctl restart systemd-sysctl Example 2. View coredump handler configuration # sysctl kernel.core_pattern kernel.core_pattern = |/libexec/abrt-hook-ccpp %s %c %p %u %g %t %P %I Example 3. Update coredump handler configuration # /lib/systemd/systemd-sysctl --prefix kernel.core_pattern This searches all the directories listed in sysctl.d(5) for configuration files and writes /proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern. Example 4. Update coredump handler configuration according to a specific file # /lib/systemd/systemd-sysctl 50-coredump.conf This applies all the settings found in 50-coredump.conf. Either /etc/sysctl.d/50-coredump.conf, or /run/sysctl.d/50-coredump.conf, or /usr/lib/sysctl.d/50-coredump.conf will be used, in the order of preference. See sysctl(8) for various ways to directly apply sysctl settings. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), sysctl.d(5), sysctl(8), systemd 237 SYSTEMD-SYSCTL.SERVICE(8)