Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Help with easy project - reading a file. Post 302106470 by reborg on Thursday 8th of February 2007 07:11:19 PM
Old 02-08-2007
we don't allow classroom problems, however since you have done some work I will give you some general observations.

1. You will lose the first character with this implementation, you read but never use it.
2. You don't actually need to test the value of the character, a simple true/false test is sufficient for what you are doing in both the if and while cases.

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help on installing an EASY to use and easy to install command line text editor

Hi again. Sorry if it seems like I'm spamming the boards a bit, but I figured I might as well ask all the questions I need answers to at once, and hopefully at least get some. I have installed Solaris 10 on a server. The default text editors are there (vi, ex, ed, maybe others, I know emacs is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EugeneG
4 Replies

2. Solaris

what is the use of /etc/project file and project administration commands?

i have two doubts.. 1. what is the use /etc/project file. i renamed this file and when i tried to switch user or login with some user account the login was happening slowly. but when i renamed it to original name it was working fine... why so? 2. unix already has useradd and grouadd for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
4 Replies
vala-gen-project(1)						   USER COMMANDS					       vala-gen-project(1)

NAME
vala-gen-project - generate the and automake skeleton for your vala project SYNOPSIS
vala-gen-project [OPTION...] [NAME] DESCRIPTION
Vala project generator is a little gui or command line utility that creates an automake project skeletoni vala program. It can be used without specifying a project name, so that a gtk+ gui will be presented or directly from the command line. OPTIONS
-?, --help Show help options -p, --projectdir=DIRECTORY Project directory -t, --type=TYPE Project TYPE: gtk+, console -l, --license=TYPE License TYPE: gpl2, gpl3, lgpl2, lgpl2.1, lgpl3, apache2, artistic --version Display version number -a, --author=NAME Author name -e, --email=EMAIL Author email address EXAMPLES
Create a gtk+ project with a gpl2 license and the name valatest vala-gen-project -t gtk+ -l gpl2 valatest EXIT STATUS
vala-gen-project returns a zero exist status if it succeed. Non zero is returned in case of failure. AUTHOR
Andrea Del Signore (sejerpz (at) tin.it) SEE ALSO
valac(1) version 0.1.0 December 24, 2008 vala-gen-project(1)