Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Using non standard baudrate 28800 with rs232 Post 302106457 by palexo on Thursday 8th of February 2007 04:37:01 PM
Old 02-08-2007
Question Using non standard baudrate 28800 with rs232

Hi,
can somebody help me with this one?
I have to configure rs232 write/read inside a C program.
I'm using the termios.h (POSIX)
The problem is that the only baudrate that works for me is 28800 and
it is not supported any more from this driver. Smilie
So I can't write :

cfsetispeed(&options, B28800);
cfsetospeed(&options, B28800);

At least for the version of termios.h that I have on my SuSe Linux 10.1
I would really appreciate any help.
Thanks!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

RS232 communication optimisation

Need help for RS232 communication with switches in order to optimise the data traffic. How to manipulate different flags in termios struct to do the same? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ManishSaxena
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

VNC via Rs232

Hi ! Is there somebody who is able to connect a VNC session via serial cable ? There is a hint on the VNC homepage that it is possible to configure that. But how? thanks joerg (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joerg
2 Replies

3. Solaris

rs232 pci-card

hello mates, do you know a manufactor for rs232 serial pci cards for the sparc architecture? it seems that there is no original product from sun for that purpose. strange, isn't it? problem is that i have a V250 with only one db9 rs232 serial port, and i need it for a modem connection, but i also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pressy
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

RS232 programming problem

Hi all I encountered a strange phenomenon when reading / writing to RS232 serial device (on my machine /dev/ttyS0) I have simple 2 processes: 1) process which WRITE characters from /dev/ttyS0 For example write the characters... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dudi.forum
2 Replies

5. AIX

Transferring files via RS232 cable

Current setup: Some old AIX standalone machine (F series) My WinXP laptop Null modem cable from laptop to AIX machine (console port). On Hypterminal on WinXP I can connect to the AIX machine (serial connection), but when I try to transfer file, it will just sit there. I'm guessing the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: apra143
3 Replies

6. Programming

How to read the CTS and DSR of RS232 in Unix using C language?

Hello to all Gurus out there, Could you show me a source code in Unix platform using C language. I want to read the status or voltage level of the DSR and CTS. Thanks a lot, Swing5 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Swing5
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

standard error to standard out question

Hi there how can i get the result of a command to not give me its error. For example, on certain systems the 'zfs' command below is not available, but this is fine becaues I am testing against $? so i dont want to see the message " command not found" Ive tried outputting to /dev/null 2>&1 to no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can A File Be Copied to an RS232 Port on Unix?

We have a text/csv file (4mb) sitting on a Unix box. The PC belongs to a retail store and they're asking me to bring the file over to Windows so they can import the file. Can a file be copied to an rs232 port? If so how? The idea is that I'll hook up a null modem cable to the Unix com port,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alivebyscience
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Redirect Standard output and standard error into spreadsheet

Hey, I'm completely new at this and I was wondering if there is a way that I would be able to redirect the log files in a directories standard output and standard error into and excel spreadsheet in anyway? Please remember don't use too advanced of terminology as I just started using shell... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: killaram
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connecting PIC16F877A using Easypic5 via RS232 with Linux

I searched the forums for RS232 issues, but all of the results don't help me solving my problem, so I had to open new thread. This is the problem: I have PIC16F877A micro-controller and I'm programming it with Easypic5(the PIC programming device(board) from MikroElektronika) and I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ivan_vasileski
1 Replies
curs_termattrs(3CURSES) 				     Curses Library Functions					   curs_termattrs(3CURSES)

NAME
curs_termattrs, baudrate, erasechar, has_ic, has_il, killchar, longname, termattrs, termname - curses environment query routines SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag ... ] file ... -lcurses [ library ... ] #include <curses.h> int baudrate(void); char erasechar(void); int has_ic(void); int has_il(void); char killchar(void); char *longname(void); chtype termattrs(void); char *termname(void); DESCRIPTION
The baudrate() routine returns the output speed of the terminal. The number returned is in bits per second, for example 9600, and is an integer. With the erasechar() routine, the user's current erase character is returned. The has_ic() routine is true if the terminal has insert- and delete-character capabilities. The has_il() routine is true if the terminal has insert- and delete-line capabilities, or can simulate them using scrolling regions. This might be used to determine if it would be appropriate to turn on physical scrolling using scrollok(). With the killchar() routine, the user's current line kill character is returned. The longname() routine returns a pointer to a static area containing a verbose description of the current terminal. The maximum length of a verbose description is 128 characters. It is defined only after the call to initscr() or newterm(). The area is overwritten by each call to newterm() and is not restored by set_term(), so the value should be saved between calls to newterm() if longname() is going to be used with multiple terminals. If a given terminal doesn't support a video attribute that an application program is trying to use, curses may substitute a different video attribute for it. The termattrs() function returns a logical OR of all video attributes supported by the terminal. This information is use- ful when a curses program needs complete control over the appearance of the screen. The termname() routine returns the value of the environment variable TERM (truncated to 14 characters). RETURN VALUES
longname() and termname() return NULL on error. Routines that return an integer return ERR upon failure and an integer value other than ERR upon successful completion. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
curs_initscr(3CURSES), curs_outopts(3CURSES), curses(3CURSES), attributes(5) NOTES
The header <curses.h> automatically includes the headers <stdio.h> and <unctrl.h>. Note that termattrs() may be a macro. SunOS 5.11 31 Dec 1996 curs_termattrs(3CURSES)