Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Turn off attention LED ( P275) Post 302106261 by Reinaldo Dias on Wednesday 7th of February 2007 12:13:16 PM
Old 02-07-2007
Turn off attention LED ( P275)

How can I turn off the attention led (amber led)??. My machine is a P275 with AIX 5.2.

Thanks for your time.

Reinaldo F. Dias
Unix Support Analyst
PLM & Engineering
T-Systems do Brasil

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

memfs.fs I/O Error - urgent attention please

Hy guys, During installation of machine (Pentium x86, 64MB RAM), well during booting SCO UnixWARE 7.1.1 diskette 1/2 i get following error (after SCO logo) "memfs.fs: I/0 error or unexpected EOF" Bootstrap Command Processor ... _ Please advise! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: R@LE
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Attention Shell Scripters

Hi mates, Hope this is very simple for those who r well versed wth scripting but I'm literally new to scripting so please guys help me out in writing these basic scripts.I'm using Bash and Vi editor. 1 ....How to write a script that takes a file as an argument. The script should be able to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby36
1 Replies

3. AIX

Digital DVI output with p275 workstation

Dear Frnz We have a couple of p275 workstations with GXT6500P Graphics Adapter in our environment.When i connect a display cable from the dvi port in both workstation and monitor i am not getting any display. I am getting display when i put a DVI to vga converter on the workstation side... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

please pay your attention on this .......

HI All, I am working on Solaris 5.9 servers.Now i want a script which collect files with format like msgs_cheux301_10Jun2008 , login_cheux301_10Jun2008 and history_cheux301_10Jun2008.tar into seperate folders with a specific name. The script will collect files with one week old and it should... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
2 Replies

5. AIX

Turn off System attention light on POWER5 model p5 55A ?

Hi, Because of previous error System attention light(yellow exclamation mark) is on. How do I turn it off ? thanks Vilius (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
2 Replies

6. AIX

Attention Led on HMC

We use HMC to manage two logical partitions. LPARs don't have any problem but HMC's, itself, attention led is on. :eek: I am not sure if that's going to affect LPARs, but just wanted to be sure.... :confused: Has anyone come across such problem on HMC? Where can you suggest to look for logs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalliege
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX 5.3 on p275 - DVD-ROM drive not recognized

I was having problems with the DVD-ROM drive not being recognized. I thought it was a configuration issue, but it appears to be a hardware problem. Now the system hangs at boot. This last time I tried it, it said: At which point, it hangs. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smithfarm
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX 5.3 on p275 - how to login from ANSI terminal?

I did a fresh install of AIX 5.3 on my p275. I can now boot the system from the disk and login as root, but only from the directly attached graphics console (keyboard+LCD monitor). Over on the ASCII terminal, I see all messages up to and including "Completed NFS services" but the actual login:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smithfarm
3 Replies

9. Ubuntu

If process is running, turn the led on at the webpage

Hello, I have a linux based computer and apache is installed. What I want to do is to check running softwares' status when I am mobile. How may I see the status with a green led if related softwares are running and red when are off. Thanks in advance Boris (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies
LED(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    LED(4)

NAME
led -- API for manipulating LED's, lamps and other annunciators SYNOPSIS
#include <dev/led/led.h> typedef void led_t(void *priv, int onoff); struct cdev * led_create_state(led_t *func, void *priv, char const *name, int state); struct cdev * led_create(led_t *func, void *priv, char const *name); void led_destroy(struct cdev *); DESCRIPTION
The led driver provides generic support for handling LEDs, lamps and other annunciators. The hardware driver must supply a function to turn the annunciator on and off and the device name of the annunciator relative to /dev/led/. The priv argument is passed back to this on/off function and can be used however the hardware driver sees fit. The lamp can be controlled by opening and writing ASCII strings to the /dev/led/bla device. In the following, we will use this special notation to indicate the resulting output of the annunciator: * The annunciator is on for 1/10th second. _ The annunciator is off for 1/10th second. State can be set directly, and since the change happens immediately, it is possible to flash the annunciator with very short periods and syn- chronize it with program events. It should be noted that there is a non-trivial overhead, so this may not be usable for benchmarking or mea- suring short intervals. 0 Turn the annunciator off immediately. 1 Turn the annunciator on immediately. Flashing can be set with a given period. The pattern continues endlessly. f _* f1 _* f2 __** f3 ___*** ... f9 _________********* Three high-level commands are available: d%d Numbers. Each digit is blinked out at 1/10th second, zero as ten pulses. Between digits a one second pause and after the last digit a two second pause after which the sequence is repeated. s%s String. This gives full control over the annunciator. Letters 'A' ... 'J' turn the annunciator on for from 1/10th to one full second. Letters 'a' ... 'j' turn the annunciator off for 1/10th to one full second. Letters 'u' and 'U' turn the annunciator off and on respectively when the next UTC second starts. Unless terminated with a '.', the sequence is immediately repeated. m%s Morse. '.' becomes '_*' '-' becomes '_***' ' ' becomes '__' ' ' becomes '____' The sequence is repeated after a one second pause. FILES
/dev/led/* EXAMPLES
A 'd12' flashes the lamp *__________*_*______________________________ A 'sAaAbBa' flashes *_*__**_ /usr/games/morse -l "Soekris rocks" > /dev/led/error SEE ALSO
morse(6) HISTORY
The led driver first appeared in FreeBSD 5.2. AUTHORS
This software was written by Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.org>. This manual page was written by Sergey A. Osokin <osa@FreeBSD.org> and Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.org>. BSD
April 24, 2007 BSD