Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: single line command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting single line command Post 302106188 by roshanjain2 on Wednesday 7th of February 2007 04:06:05 AM
Old 02-07-2007
but i want to differentiate results got from each of the logs...the above command will display all the results in one screen :-(

eg:
log1
results
log2
results
log3
results

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

run command Unix on a single line

Hi everybody.. I need to enter in bash mode and then run a command and this just in a single command line. I tried : "bash ^M| somecommand" but nothing.. How do I do to simulate the return button just right after the bash command ? Thanks.. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riddick61
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single line file editing command?

Hello everyone. I have been reading a lot about the various different text editors at my disposal through Unix, but I just can't seem to close the deal for what I am trying to do. Is there a way to issue a single line command to edit a file where pattern=x, and do it non-destructively AND in-place?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gator76
1 Replies

3. AIX

ls command output in single line

Hi, Can anyone suggest me how can I display the output of ls command in single line with some delimiter say pipe (|)? I know it can be done by writing a script by using the loops but I wanted to know are there any other single line commands? Thanks for your help Sheshadri (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsheshadri
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Merging two command into single line

1. du -sch int* | grep "total" | awk '{print $1}' first command result is 17K 2. echo "B" Result B i want the output is 17KB (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

a few single line command

i m trying to find the answers of a past year exam questions , i m sure it ll be very easy for u guys , this is not a hw assignment or somth. i just wanna be sure of right answers . write a single instruction to perform each of the following tasks: (u r allowed to use c shell, and u can use... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brhn
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issuing a Here Document as a Single Line Command

How can I run a here document on just one line? I ask, because I need to issue it from C++ as a system() or similar command and for security reasons I don't want to write out a shell script file from the program and run it. For example, how could I write: passwd test <<EOF n3wp3ss... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrandonShw
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Two scripts in a single command line

Hi All, I have two scripts which i want to run in a single command line(or in a single script). And if both the scripts in the main script fail then i want to pass a value to a Application specific utility which will trigger some alert.The value can be anything. Somebody please help.It is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shroh
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to grep multiple pattern present in single line and delete that line

here is what i want to achieve.. i have a file with below contents cat fileName blah blah blah . .DROP this REJECT that . --sport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable --dport 7800 -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-port-unreachable . . . more blah blah blah --dport 3306... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Su and run single line command

myenv.sh script sets LOG_DIR variable. I can run the script and echo the variable in a single line as: # First set LOG_DIR to some dummy 'NONE' value $ export LOG_DIR="NONE" $ echo ${LOG_DIR} NONE $ cat /tmp/bin/myenv.sh export LOG_DIR="/tmp/log" #The below command doesn't show the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysrini
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find and display the middle line in a file using single line command.

Hi all, How can i display the middle line of a file using a single line command? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakme Pemmaiah
6 Replies
DtSearchMergeResults(library call)										DtSearchMergeResults(library call)

NAME
DtSearchMergeResults -- Merge two DtSearch results lists into one SYNOPSIS
#include <Dt/Search.h> int DtSearchMergeResults( DtSrResult **targlist, DtSrResult **srclist); DESCRIPTION
DtSearchMergeResults merges the srclist results list into the targlist list using proximity for sort order, and sets the srclist source list pointer to NULL. This function is used to merge results from separate database searches for presentation to the user as a single results list. It presumes both lists are initially sorted by ascending proximity. It does nothing if source list is empty and returns DtSrOK. It moves the source list as is to the target list if the target list is empty and returns DtSrOK. ARGUMENTS
srclist Specifies the results list to be merged into the target list. targlist Specifies the results list into which the source list is to be merged. RETURN VALUE
DtSearchMergeResults returns DtSrERROR if either the srclist pointer or the srclist pointer is NULL. Otherwise, it returns DtSrOK, indicat- ing a successful merge. SEE ALSO
DtSrAPI(3), DtSearchQuery(3), DtSearchSortResults(3), DtSearchFreeResults(3) DtSearchMergeResults(library call)