Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: linux tips
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat linux tips Post 302105887 by suntac on Monday 5th of February 2007 10:41:56 AM
Old 02-05-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by chlawren
bounce ....
bounce ....
bounce ......

Smilie Smilie Smilie Smilie Smilie

I think this means you are happy? Or am I wrong? :-)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tips on startup?

I'm running a small FreeBSD 5.1 system @ home. Whenever you log in with a normal account (not root) the system displays a random tip (commands, etc.) after the MOTD. I'd like to turn this feature off so that my custom MOTD fits on one screen. Is this posible at all? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: McFlashbang
3 Replies

2. Tips and Tutorials

Welcome to Tips and Tutorials

Tips and Tutorials was created partially as an overflow from our Answers to Frequently Asked Questions. We noticed that some of the info in that forum did not really answer a question that is frequently asked. We want to keep the FAQ forum small so that it is easily browsed. Also, a few users... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
0 Replies

3. Solaris

tips Solaris

hi all... I need to know, how I can create a log when the user loggin and logout...day and hour....any person help me..... thank you (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chanfle
7 Replies

4. Red Hat

Tips to speed up Redhat linux machine

:confused:hi all, I run a virtual RedHat Linux 4.0 ES machine using VMWARE.I've allocated a RAM of 512Mb.Could you please provide suggestions/tips to get my machine to run faster.. Thanks in advance:) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tj23
4 Replies

5. Solaris

using pca for the first time, any tips?

I am wanting to use pca to update my solaris 10 server. I have figured out how to give it my SOA credentials, set it to auto update the pca tool and ignore a few patches I don't want to do. I have also ran: pca -l missingrs to list all available patches I need in the recommended and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any tips/suggestions for a newbie beginning to read the Linux Kernel Source Code

Hi All, I recently downloaded the Linux kernel source code, added them all to a project in MS VC++ and plan to read through it so that I can improve the way I code, read/understand a large code database and hopefully contribute something to the development of the Linux OS. I have taken a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: clavian
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tips

hi... I want some tips for standardizing shell script code... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xerox
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Tips for hiring a Linux Application developer

I am looking to hire a Linux Application developer for my startup. But am having trouble screening for the right skill-set. What should I look for ? And, where do I find these developers who have experience in building applications for Linux? Best, E (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emerging_desk
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Vim tips and tricks

Vim Tips and Tricks Save and quit :w => Save :q => Exit as long as there have been no changes :q! => Exit and ignore any changes :wq => Save and Exit. :x => Exit, saving changes ZZ => Exit and save changes if any have been made :10,20w filename => writes the... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
34 Replies
BOUNCE(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 BOUNCE(8)

NAME
bounce - Postfix message bounce or defer daemon SYNOPSIS
bounce [generic Postfix daemon options] DESCRIPTION
The bounce daemon maintains per-message log files with non-delivery status information. Each log file is named after the queue file that it corresponds to, and is kept in a queue subdirectory named after the service name in the master.cf file (either bounce or defer). This pro- gram expects to be run from the master(8) process manager. The bounce daemon processes two types of service requests: o Append a recipient status record to a per-message log file. o Post a bounce message, with a copy of a log file and of the corresponding message. When the bounce is posted successfully, the log file is deleted. The software does a best effort to notify the sender that there was a problem. A notification is sent even when the log file or original message cannot be read. Optionally, a client can request that the per-message log file be deleted when the requested operation fails. This is used by clients that cannot retry transactions by themselves, and that depend on retry logic in their own client. STANDARDS
RFC 822 (ARPA Internet Text Messages) RFC 1894 (Delivery Status Notifications) DIAGNOSTICS
Problems and transactions are logged to syslogd(8). BUGS
The log files use an ad-hoc, unstructured format. This will have to change in order to easily support standard delivery status notifica- tions. CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS
The following main.cf parameters are especially relevant to this program. See the Postfix main.cf file for syntax details and for default values. Use the postfix reload command after a configuration change. bounce_notice_recipient The recipient of single bounce postmaster notices. 2bounce_notice_recipient The recipient of double bounce postmaster notices. delay_notice_recipient The recipient of "delayed mail" postmaster notices. bounce_size_limit Limit the amount of original message context that is sent in a non-delivery notification. mail_name Use this mail system name in the introductory text at the start of a bounce message. notify_classes Notify the postmaster of bounced mail when this parameter includes the bounce class. For privacy reasons, the message body is not included. SEE ALSO
master(8) process manager qmgr(8) queue manager syslogd(8) system logging LICENSE
The Secure Mailer license must be distributed with this software. AUTHOR(S) Wietse Venema IBM T.J. Watson Research P.O. Box 704 Yorktown Heights, NY 10598, USA BOUNCE(8)