Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX (URGENT) Mounting JFS2 FileSystem on AIX 4.3 Post 302105870 by funksen on Monday 5th of February 2007 09:42:05 AM
Old 02-05-2007
1: it's not possible to mmount jfs2 under AIX4.3

2: it is possible to generate a 1.3 TB FS on AIX 4.3, you can go till 2.199 TB

you need to set bytes per inode (NBPI) to 131072

jfs can handle 2^24 inodes, so you can have 2^24*131072 NBPI

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

jfs (jfs2) for AIX versus Veritas

Hi there, Can anyone tell me the advantages that jfs has over Veritas (if any)?? Cheers. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich
5 Replies

2. Solaris

filesystem mounting

Hi all, I have a question regarding filesystem mounting. I have one Sun box(V240) and a NAS on a network. Sun machine shows the following output of df -k command. # df -k Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 11094316 8509226 2474147 78% ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantchavan
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX 5.2 using jfs2 file system

We are using AIX 5.2 using jfs2 almost all excpt one mount. Is it possible for a non root user id to mount one file system without journaling turned on, perform some activities and then remount (un-mount and mount) the same file system again. Please advise if this is possible Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerardfjay
2 Replies

4. AIX

jfs2 - cannot shrink filesystem

Hi, is anyone aware about filesystem size restrictions on AIX? And does anyone know a solution for below problem? I have 2 boxes attached to EMC Raid5 storage, both have huge /optware/oracle/oradata filesystems - 4.5 and 2.5 TB in size, nothing is striped or in any other way restricted. Due to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
11 Replies

5. Solaris

Need help on filesystem mounting

Hi techies, I am pretty new to Solaris. So the qstn might be a silly one. I had a local disk with Solaris installed. I have done ufsdump to a SAN disk and after that s3 and s7 slices are giving the following error : "UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY." I had the following... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manojsomanath
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mounting filesystem

Could anyone help me please as I am stuck up. I want to mount /home/dun/maitree location of server A in server B to location /home/dun/tibco .Both server A and server B are Linux machine .The problem is that /home/dun/tibco of server B has some files and directory in it so after doing this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maitree
1 Replies

7. AIX

AIX JFS2 content

Hello! I have a LPAR with 51GB RAM topas shows 21% of memory for client pages (~11Gb) svmon -G show 2906772 client pages in use (~11Gb) but then i try to investigate per process client memory usage svmon -P -O filtertype=client and summarize inuse column, i get only 347880 pages... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sys
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting NFS filesystem

Hi All, I need to mount an nfs filesystem as below. xxx.xx.xx.xxx:/media/nss/Rocky Catherine/logs For the above as there is space in between the name, hoping it will not mount, if i give it with double quotes as below will it work? mount "xxx.xx.xx.xxx:/media/nss/Rocky... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockyc3400
2 Replies

9. AIX

Creating AIX LV VG and JFS2 issues?

Can someone please help me understand what it is I am doing incorrectly? I have 22 PVs (disks) assigned to a VG, the stats on the disks: # lspv hdisk1 PHYSICAL VOLUME: hdisk1 VOLUME GROUP: vg_usr1 PV IDENTIFIER: 0000150179158027 VG IDENTIFIER ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies

10. AIX

Has anyone created JFS2 file system on a USB drive attached to AIX server?

We have an IBM Power 710. It has a USB port on the front. I have done some searching and see that there is information out there on how to create a JFS2 file system on USB drives. A few have commented that they would not recommend it, if the server is important, may crash the server... Just... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbenedi
0 Replies
vx_ninode(5)							File Formats Manual						      vx_ninode(5)

NAME
vx_ninode - determine the internal node table size SYNOPSIS
size] VALUE
You must set these tunables to a constant value. Minimum This tunable can be set to (which means default), or to a value equal or greater than Default Based on the available physical memory, by default (when is the internal inode cache size is set according to the following table. In this table the first column is the amount of physical memory in megabytes installed on the system at boot time and the second column is the max- imum number of inodes to be cached. Physical Memory (MB) Maximum Inodes 8 400 16 750 32 1500 64 2500 128 5000 256 16000 512 32000 1024 64000 2048 128000 8192 256000 32768 512000 131072 1024000 VxFS interpolates the value of for the memory that falls between two points and extrapolates from the largest entry if the memory is larger than the largest entry in the table above. Recommended values Systems with low memory size (up to 3 GB per CPU) may not require a large inode cache when file system performance is not critical. HP recommends setting a minimum value for based upon the memory configuration as specified in the following table. In this table the first column represents the available physical memory in gigabytes and the second column is the value of Physical Memory (GB) vx_ninode 1 16384 2 32768 3 65536 >3 131072 DESCRIPTION
The VxFS file system caches the inodes in an inode table. The kernel tunable determines the number of inodes in the inode table to help VxFS in caching. is a dynamic tunable. Who Is Expected to Change This Tunable? Any privileged user can change this value. Note that the default state should be appropriate for most environments. Restrictions on Changing None. The tunable is dynamic; tuning will take effect immediately on the running system. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Raised? This tunable value should be raised when applications (for example, file servers and web servers) expect the file systems to perform bet- ter. What Are the Side Effects of Raising the Value? Increasing the value of this tunable may consume more memory. When Should the Value of This Tunable Be Lowered? HP recommends changing the value of this tunable according to the table above when the system is under memory pressure. What Are the Side Effects of Lowering the Value? The applications will see performance degradation. What Other Tunable Values Should Be Changed at the Same Time? None. EXAMPLES
Change the value of to WARNINGS
All HP-UX kernel tunable parameters are release specific. This parameter may be removed or its meaning may change in the future releases of HP-UX. Installation of optional kernel software, from HP or other vendors, may cause changes to tunable parameter values. After installation, some tunable parameters may no longer be at the default or recommended values. For information about the effects of installation on tun- able values, consult the documentation for the kernel software being installed. For information about optional kernel software that was factory installed on your system, see at SEE ALSO
kctune(1M), vx_maxlink(5), vxfs_bc_bufhwm(5), vxfs_ifree_timelag(5). Tunable Kernel Parameters vx_ninode(5)