Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how to get output by awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to get output by awk Post 302105715 by milo on Sunday 4th of February 2007 06:00:25 AM
Old 02-04-2007
how to get output by awk

Hi all,

I have an input file like
trk 1 soft
trk 1 get
trk 1 get
trk 1 soft

Want to have output file contains line number of lines which have "soft" string from input like

Then, create new file from output to
ui 1 stop
ui 4 stop

Tried using with awk, still not got result.

Appreciate all your help. Thanks.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output

could any one tell me why the following code is working in infinite loop every time it is asking for no. even though it does not have for loop #!/bin/awk -f BEGIN { print "type a number"; } { print "The square of ", $1, " is ", $1*$1; print "type another number"; } END { ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: useless79
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Same awk gives different output:

nawk -F"|" '{for (i=1;i<=NF;i++) {gsub("^*", "",$i);gsub("*$", "",$i)}}1' OFS="|" file | wc -l 1000 nawk -F"|" '{for (i=1;i<=NF;i++) {gsub("^*", "",$i);gsub("*$", "",$i);print $0}}' OFS="|" file | wc -l 22000 The above awk command are same but with different printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting/awk help : awk sum output is not comming in regular format. Pls advise.

Hi Experts, I am adding a column of numbers with awk , however not getting correct output: # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15291e+06 How can I getthe output like : 2152910 Thank you.. # awk '{sum+=$1} END {print sum}' datafile 2.15079e+06 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file using awk and work in awk output

hi guys, i want to parse a file using public function, the file contain raw data in the below format i want to get the output like this to load it to Oracle DB MARWA1,BSS:26,1,3,0,0,0,0,0.00,22,22,22.00 MARWA2,BSS:26,1,3,0,0,0,0,0.00,22,22,22.00 this the file raw format: Number of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagigg
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: round output or delimit output of arithmatic string

I have a file with the following content. > cat /tmp/internetusage.txt 6709.296322 30000 2/7/2010 0.00I am using the following awk command to calculate a percentage from field 1 and 2 from the file. awk '{ print $1/$2*100 }' /tmp/internetusage.txt This outputs the value "22.3643" as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jelloir
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

help on awk---- need to assign the output of awk to a variable

hi i want to find the size of a folder and assign it to a variable and then compare if it is greater than 1 gb. i am doin this script, but it is throwing error.... #!/bin/ksh cd . | du -s | size = awk '{print $1}' if size >= 112000 then echo size high fi ERROR : (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nithz
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk question : system output to awk variable.

Hi Experts, I am trying to get system output to capture inside awk , but not working: Please advise if this is possible : I am trying something like this but not working, the output is coming wrong: echo "" | awk '{d=system ("date") ; print "Current date is:" , d }' Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output

hello all input file AAA: XXX1 CCC: DD SS SSS: SSS1 BBBB: ASAS ZZZ: ZZZZZ1 XXX: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX1 PPPP: PPPPPP1 RRRR: 111111111 ZZZ: ZZZZZ2 XXX: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX2 PPPP: PPPPPP2 RRRR: 222222222 ZZZ: ZZZZZ3 XXX: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX3 PPPP: PPPPPP3 RRRR: 33:33:33:33:33 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikus
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk output yields error: awk:can't open job_name (Autosys)

Good evening, Im newbie at unix specially with awk From an scheduler program called Autosys i want to extract some data reading an inputfile that comprises jobs names, then formating the output to columns for example 1. This is the inputfile: $ more MapaRep.txt ds_extra_nikira_usuarios... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
18 Replies
POSIX_GETRLIMIT(3)							 1							POSIX_GETRLIMIT(3)

posix_getrlimit - Return info about system resource limits

SYNOPSIS
array posix_getrlimit (void ) DESCRIPTION
posix_getrlimit(3) returns an array of information about the current resource's soft and hard limits. Each resource has an associated soft and hard limit. The soft limit is the value that the kernel enforces for the corresponding resource. The hard limit acts as a ceiling for the soft limit. An unprivileged process may only set its soft limit to a value from 0 to the hard limit, and irreversibly lower its hard limit. RETURN VALUES
Returns an associative array of elements for each limit that is defined. Each limit has a soft and a hard limit. List of possible limits returned +-----------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Limit name | | | | | | | Limit description | | | | +-----------+---------------------------------------------------+ | core | | | | | | | The maximum size of the core file. When 0, not | | | core files are created. When core files are | | | larger than this size, they will be truncated at | | | this size. | | | | | totalmem | | | | | | | The maximum size of the memory of the process, | | | in bytes. | | | | |virtualmem | | | | | | | The maximum size of the virtual memory for the | | | process, in bytes. | | | | | data | | | | | | | The maximum size of the data segment for the | | | process, in bytes. | | | | | stack | | | | | | | The maximum size of the process stack, in bytes. | | | | | rss | | | | | | | The maximum number of virtual pages resident in | | | RAM | | | | | maxproc | | | | | | | The maximum number of processes that can be cre- | | | ated for the real user ID of the calling process. | | | | | memlock | | | | | | | The maximum number of bytes of memory that may | | | be locked into RAM. | | | | | cpu | | | | | | | The amount of time the process is allowed to use | | | the CPU. | | | | | filesize | | | | | | | The maximum size of the data segment for the | | | process, in bytes. | | | | |openfiles | | | | | | | One more than the maximum number of open file | | | descriptors. | | | | +-----------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 Example use of posix_getrlimit(3) <?php $limits = posix_getrlimit(); print_r($limits); ?> The above example will output something similar to: Array ( [soft core] => 0 [hard core] => unlimited [soft data] => unlimited [hard data] => unlimited [soft stack] => 8388608 [hard stack] => unlimited [soft totalmem] => unlimited [hard totalmem] => unlimited [soft rss] => unlimited [hard rss] => unlimited [soft maxproc] => unlimited [hard maxproc] => unlimited [soft memlock] => unlimited [hard memlock] => unlimited [soft cpu] => unlimited [hard cpu] => unlimited [soft filesize] => unlimited [hard filesize] => unlimited [soft openfiles] => 1024 [hard openfiles] => 1024 ) NOTES
Note This is a not POSIX function, but is common on BSD and System V systems. If the system does not support this function, then it will not be included at compile time. This may be checked with function_exists(3). SEE ALSO
man page GETRLIMIT(2). PHP Documentation Group POSIX_GETRLIMIT(3)