Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help: for XDMCP
Operating Systems Solaris Help: for XDMCP Post 302105176 by sparcguy on Wednesday 31st of January 2007 05:53:05 AM
Old 01-31-2007
Is your office and server on different LANS? Do you have a firewall in between?

we have this problem also but we use reflection, sometimes I use broadcast and it works and sometimes it doesn't.

There's no corporate or desktop firewall between our offices and where the servers are located.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XDMCP setup

How do you verify your XDMCP setup on Sun Solaris? I am trying to establish a connection, but no XDMCP servers were found. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: heinb
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

xdmcp and netstat

On my linux box, i run netstat -l and i see xdmcp in the list but it doesn't have LISTEN as its state, see what it shows below, I'm wondering if this might explain why i can't see it in my exceed broadcast listing of servers broadcasting on our net? My unix boxes don't show this at all. Proto ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kymberm
1 Replies

3. Solaris

xdmcp on Solaris 10 x86

I recently downloaded and installed Solaris 10 on an Intel PC. I want to connect to it via XDMCP from another client. I found you can enable xdmcp as follows: Launch -> Applications -> Utilities -> Administration -> Login Screen Setup Then selected the XDMCP tab and click the box that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lyonsd
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

xdmcp on HP-UX

Anybody know how to set up xdmcp on HPUX (11.0 +)? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lyonsd
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

xdmcp config

hi everybody, can anyone please tell me what are things for verify to have an xdmcp connexion ton HPUX 10.20 host best regards (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

XDMCP no password

Hello all, Does anyone know or have configure their system to allow no password during an XDMCP session. I' m running Redhat whit gdm manager. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: larryase
0 Replies

7. SCO

xdmcp dies in sco600

We have just installed a sco 600 server. Xdmcp comes up in the chooser but if you don't log in within a few minutes it disappears and you have to log in and then out on the console before you can see it in the chooser. Xdmcp is suppossed to be setup for continuous logins automatically. We... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: khafner
0 Replies

8. AIX

How to enable XDMCP?

Hello everyone, I installed AIX the other day (several times!) but I can't get XDMCP to work. I remember from when I installed it the last time it worked out of the box. So why doesn't it work now? This is the error message I get: XDMCP fatal error: Session failed Session 2 failed for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kotzkroete
3 Replies

9. Solaris

XDMCP Error

Hi Friends, I am not able to login through X browser from Windows Machine to Sun Fire V890 server. Solaris 10 is installed on this machine. Please suggest me what changes need to be done in Solaris Server. Thanks in Advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
2 Replies
fwb_ipfw(1)							 Firewall Builder						       fwb_ipfw(1)

NAME
fwb_ipfw - Policy compiler for ipfw SYNOPSIS
fwb_ipfw [-vVx] [-d wdir] [-o output.fw] [-i] -f data_file.xml object_name DESCRIPTION
fwb_ipfw is a firewall policy compiler component of Firewall Builder (see fwbuilder(1)). This compiler generates code for ipfw - a firewall and traffic shaper in FreeBSD (see ipfw(8)). Compiler reads objects definitions and firewall description from the data file specified with "-f" option and generates firewall configuration and activation script. The generated file has a name that starts with the name of the firewall object, with an extension ".fw". It is a shell script that flushes current policy, then loads new filter and nat rules. The data file and the name of the firewall objects must be specified on the command line. Other command line parameters are optional. OPTIONS
-f FILE Specify the name of the data file to be processed. -o output.fw Specify output file name -d wdir Specify working directory. Compiler creates firewall activation script in this directory. If this parameter is missing, then all files will be placed in the current working directory. -v Be verbose: compiler prints diagnostic messages when it works. -V Print version number and quit. -i When this option is present, the last argument on the command line is supposed to be firewall object ID rather than its name -x Generate debugging information while working. This option is intended for debugging only and may produce lots of cryptic messages. NOTES
Support for ipfw was added in version 1.0.10 of Firewall Builder URL
Firewall Builder home page is located at the following URL: http://www.fwbuilder.org/ BUGS
Please report bugs using bug tracking system on SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=5314&atid=105314 SEE ALSO
fwbuilder(1), fwb_ipt(1), fwb_pf(1) fwb_ipf(1) FWB
fwb_ipfw(1)