Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Create a lib from a c program Post 302105153 by rvan on Wednesday 31st of January 2007 03:43:08 AM
Old 01-31-2007
Linker and Libraries Guide -- link not accessible

Hi Perderabo,

I couldn't access the link "Linker and Libraries Guide" given by you.
Don't know if i am alone facing that problem. Could you please check it out and provide me the link..

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

HOw to load dynamic lib from a statically linked program ?

I need to load a dynamic library from a statically linked program. Is there a way without recompiling my program. when i try to do that my program just crashes. If not possible, how can I avoid crashing the program when i try to load the dynamic lib, again without recompiling. If my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: disclaimer
1 Replies

2. Programming

Using a C program to create directories in UNIX

Aloha, I'm attempting to use a C program to create directories and then use a system call to have another program write .dat files into that directory. I understand that I could use the "system("mkdir directory_name")" function however, I would like my program to create a new directory each time... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aloha_boi
3 Replies

3. Programming

How to create a new unix user in through a c program

Hi , I want to create a new user using c program not with unix adduser command . is it possible to write a cprogram to create a new user account , it should accept username , grouid , group name and all other privilages . i can use system calls inside c program to do this . i will... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a .dll using cygwin and a .lib

Hi, I inherited a .lib file that I need to use to make a .dll file from a c++ file. I am able to do this in visual studio but I can not do this using cygwin. I would like to build the dll using the commandline in order to create a make file. Can someone help me. I would really appreciate it. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsoleyma
0 Replies

5. Programming

create sound using C program

I could not recall the function in C to generate diff type of sounds. Can somebody help me out. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bishweshwar
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Program to create a RPM name

Hi Guru,s/Geek,s I need help to create RPM names from rpms. Example : a2ps-4.14-6.fc10.i386 perl-Email-Find-0.10-2.fc10.noarch directfb-1.2.7-2.fc10.i386 libid3tag-0.15.1b-7.fc10.i386 apr-util-1.3.7-1.fc10.i386 libquicktime-1.0.3-4.fc10.i386 The Desired Output is : a2ps... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.linux1984
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

ls: /lib/libattr.so.1: no version information available (required by /lib/libacl.so.1)

Hello, I'm experimenting a problem on my rh server. Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 3 (Taroon Update 8) 2.4.21-47.ELsmp #1 SMP i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux It started with a segmentation fault on #id root To resolve it, I've installed coreutils-4.5.3-28.4.i386.rpm But, I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogol_bordello
6 Replies

8. Programming

Can I create a shared object by using an static lib?

for example, I have a static lib name liba.a it offers some interface such a1();a2(); but i do not have the source code of liba.a; If i would like to create a shared object, and offer the similar interface of a1 and a2; Is there a way to fulfill such requirement? thanks. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: flost
7 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

create a program that runs two processes linked oven

I need help program in C... :create a program that runs two processes linked oven (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gizmo16
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a program illustrating SUID

To understand SUID feature, I set SUID bit for a SHELL script. Then I executed the program by a different user. In order to understand how it works, I tried different ways like: 1) I didn't give execute permission for the other user (not an owner) and then he tried to execute it. 2) I... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
15 Replies
ld_support(3ext)					    Extended Library Functions						  ld_support(3ext)

NAME
ld_support, ld_atexit, ld_atexit64, ld_file, ld_file64, ld_input_done, ld_input_section, ld_input_section64, ld_open, ld_open64, ld_sec- tion, ld_section64, ld_start, ld_start64, ld_version - link-editor support functions SYNOPSIS
void ld_atexit(int status); void ld_atexit64(int status); void ld_file(const char *name, const Elf_Kind kind, int flags, Elf *elf); void ld_file64(const char *name, const Elf_Kind kind, int flags, Elf *elf); void ld_input_done(uint_t *flags); void ld_input_section(const char *name, Elf32_Shdr **shdr, Elf32_Word sndx, Elf_Data *data, Elf *elf, uint_t *flags); void ld_input_section64(const char *name, Elf64_Shdr **shdr, Elf64_Word sndx, Elf_Data *data, Elf *elf, uint_t *flags); void ld_open(const char **pname, const char **fname, int *fd, int flags, Elf **elf, Elf *ref, size_t off, Elf_kind kind); void ld_open64(const char **pname, const char **fname, int *fd, int flags, Elf **elf, Elf *ref, size_t off, Elf_kind kind); void ld_section(const char *name, Elf32_Shdr shdr, Elf32_Word sndx, Elf_Data *data, Elf *elf); void ld_section64(const char *name, Elf64_Shdr shdr, Elf64_Word sndx, Elf_Data *data, Elf *elf); void ld_start(const char *name, const Elf32_Half type, const char *caller); void ld_start64(const char *name, const Elf64_Half type, const char *caller); void ld_version(uint_t version); DESCRIPTION
A link-editor support library is a user-created shared object offering one or more of these interfaces. These interfaces are called by the link-editor ld(1) at various stages of the link-editing process. See the Linker and Libraries Guide for a full description of the link-edi- tor support mechanism. SEE ALSO
ld(1) Linker and Libraries Guide SunOS 5.11 3 Nov 2006 ld_support(3ext)