Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Backup solutions / TSM alternative? Post 302105051 by cruiser on Tuesday 30th of January 2007 11:24:44 AM
Old 01-30-2007
Thanks for your response. Problem is, Tivoli's support is just as nebulous as their documentation. In fact the documentation is so lacking that all support does is spin their wheels deeling with simple questions about how the damn product works.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Backup solutions

Hi guys, We are looking to replace our current backup solution - we currently backup our Progress databases (on SCO Unixware7) to DLT7000 tapes but that being old technology the failure rate is increasing and we need to replace them with a more reliable solution. We've been looking at SDLT... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seraphic
2 Replies

2. SCO

Backup solutions

Hi guys, We are looking to replace our current backup solution - we currently backup our Progress databases (on SCO) to DLT7000 tapes but that being old technology the failure rate is increasing and we need to replace them with a more reliable solution. We've been looking at SDLT drives/tapes... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Seraphic
2 Replies

3. AIX

TSM backup and recovery problem

When I use tsm command: archive -subdir=yes /dir1/ to backup file system: /dir1 After I delete the contents under /dir1 and recovery it from TSM backup, retrieve /dir1/ I found the link breaked. Such as: Before: ls -l lrwxrwxrwx 1 abc develop 8 Apr 28 16:04 bin... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

high number of comm_waits for a TSM backup

Hi Guys, I wonder if someone has come accross an issue where basically our db2 backups are running very slow and one thing that we can see from the TSM report below is that the number of comm_waits has increased dramatically. We asked the question to IBM about what comm_waits would means but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: arizah
4 Replies

5. AIX

TSM capacity

Dears, The TSM storage that we have is already configured to backup some Application,directories & logs or let's say backup different path from 15 servers, I want to add more Items to be backuped by this storage, how to be confirmed if that possible or not? I mean how do we know the capacity of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

7. Linux

Tsm

my backup team was using the bpclient utility which they are migrated to TSM client. I need to change the script running from bpclient to TSM . if anyone give some inputs that would be great. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tsm commands

hi all, In my shell script, they have used the bplist commands where backup team were using the bplist utility and right now they have changed the utility to TSM. Could you please help me out the revelant commands for TSM utility for the backup. Let me know if you have any idea on tis. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
1 Replies

9. AIX

AIX backup solutions

Currently I am backing up AIX to tape. I would like to setup a back that goes to another server either windows or linux that we already backup and send offsite automatically. Is this possible? Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fierfek
5 Replies
engine(6x)							XScreenSaver manual							engine(6x)

NAME
engine - draws a 3D four-stroke engine. SYNOPSIS
engine [-display host:display.screen] [-visual visual] [-window] [-root] [-engine name] [-delay number] [-no-move] [-no-spin] [-no-title] [-fps] DESCRIPTION
Draws a simple four-stroke engine that floats around the screen. OPTIONS
-visual visual Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual. -window Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default. -root Draw on the root window. -engine name What kind of engine to draw. Default: random. Known models are: "Honda Insight" (3), "BMW M3" (4), "VW Beetle" (flat 4), "Audi Quattro" (5), "BMW M5" (6), "Subaru XT" (V6), "Porsche 911" (flat 6), "Corvette Z06" (V8), "Dodge Viper" (V10), and "Jaguar XKE" (V12). -delay number Per-frame delay, in microseconds. Default: 10000 (0.01 seconds.). -move | -no-move Whether the object should wander around the screen. -spin | -no-spin Whether the object should spin. -fps Display the current frame rate, CPU load, and polygon count. -title | -no-title Whether to display the name of the engine being rendered. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY to get the default host and display number. XENVIRONMENT to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 by Ben Buxton. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any pur- pose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any pur- pose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty. AUTHOR
Ben Buxton. X Version 11 5.15 (28-Sep-2011) engine(6x)