Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to read a specific value from a Log file? Post 302104738 by tayyabq8 on Saturday 27th of January 2007 08:05:13 AM
Old 01-27-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooolthud
Hi the log file looks like below:

Database Name AAALog BBB Log
#===================================================================#
XXXXXX S0000993.LOG S0000992.LOG
YYYYYY S0002549.LOG S0002549.LOG

I need to print only the difference of the S0000993.LOG and S0000992.LOG using Shell script. If we open 123.log then the output looks as above shown.

Can u suggest how to do this?
Thanks
Sathish D V
You mean you want to print only those lines where both log file names are not identical? Then try something like this:
Code:
awk '$2 != $3' 123.log

It'll yeild:
Code:
XXXXXX                  S0000993.LOG        S0000992.LOG

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to read specific lines in a bulk file using C file Programming

Please Help me I have a Bulk file containing Hex data I want to read specific lines from that bulk file by ID number. example ID DATE Time data 14 2005/09/28 07:40:08.546 0 5 078B1C 01916C 0FE59C 004B54 0A9670 0D04ED 05B6B4 0E2223... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

read specific text from a log file

Hi guys I need to retrieve the values in BOLD that I have mentioned in the below log file. I want to store those values in a variable, preferably the same name as the column name in the log file. if you paste the below mentioned log file in a notepad and remove the word wrap.. u will get a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read from a specific pattern from one file and append it to another

Hi! Everyone, Say this file1 -------------- line 1 51610183 420001010 0010CTCTLEDPPOO 2151610183 line 2 2151610183 420001010 0030A2TH2 line 3 2151610183 420001010 0040A2TH3 line 4 2151610183 420001010 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinkar_ghosh
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from file specific place in file using inode

Hello, I am using tcsh on AIX. I would like to write a script that does the following: 1. given an inode, how do I find exactly the name of the file? I know I could do this using ls -i | grep <inode> but it returns: <inode> <filename>. I need some string manipulation or something to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lastZenMaster
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

read data from file from a specific duration

Hi, i have log file which keeps on updating almost ever minute but i have certain string in log which will only be displayed between specific time. so i need to search for that string and copy the details starting from that string and stop at certain string below that. example: log file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how read specific line in a file and write it in a new text file?

I have list of files in a directory 'dir'. Each file is of type HTML. I need to read each file and get the string which starts with 'http' and write them in a new text file. How can i do this shell scripting? file1.html <head> <url>http://www.google.com</url> </head> file2.html <head>... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vel4ever
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read particular line in file from specific column?

Hi...friends.... I want to create inventory...information for that I need to read some specific row say 2nd row from 1st 3 column and and write data with particular file used, I have some more column also but I need only 3 column data of first entry after header I attached sample file..those... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read in specific lines in a file

I have a text file First title line name1 name2 name3 name4 (etc) other lines other lines other lines I want to read in this text file and parse the name1...name4 to a variable. How do I specificially read in these lines and these lines only? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: piynik
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

To read specific line from a file

Hi, I have a ldif file like below: version: 1 dn: cn=Test Group,ou=Applications,dc=xyz,dc=com objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames objectClass: top cn: Test Group uniqueMember: uid=abc,ou=People,o=xyz,o=Corporate,dc=xyz,dc=com dn: cn=Test Sub Group,cn=Test... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurau
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Search for a specific String in a log file for a specific date range

Hi, I have log file which rolls out every second which is as this. HttpGenRequest - -<!--OXi dbPublish--> <created="2014-03-24 23:45:37" lastMsgId="" requestTime="0.0333"> <response request="getOutcomeDetails" code="114" message="Request found no matching data" debug="" provider="undefined"/>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikprakash
3 Replies
LOG(1)							     cao-vlsi reference manual							    LOG(1)

NAME
log - logical representations for boolean functions and utilities. ORIGIN
This software belongs to the ALLIANCE CAD SYSTEM developed by the ASIM team at LIP6 laboratory of Universite Pierre et Marie CURIE, in Paris, France. Web : http://asim.lip6.fr/recherche/alliance/ E-mail : alliance-users@asim.lip6.fr DESCRIPTION
log is a set of structures and functions that permits to manipulate several representations of boolean functions. Several programs and libraries of the cao-vlsi cad tools rest on the log package. Three different kind of functions are available for: Hash table management Prefixed representation for boolean functions Ordered binary decision diagrams representation EXAMPLE
Let's suppose that actual mbk version is 'nnn'. In order to use log, libMutnnn.a library must be called. makefile: HEADER = -I/labo/include LIB = -L/labo/lib -lMut -ltsh -labl -lbdd Each library can be called separatly. The "log.h" header file must be inserted in the files that use the functions or the structures defined in a library. SEE ALSO
mbk(1), beh(1), AUTHOR
L. BURGUN salle 30 T. 55-65 Universite P&M Curie - 4 pl. Jussieu - FRANCE THANKS
Thanks to P. REMY, F. PETROT, P. ALLEGRE and N. DICTUS. BUG REPORT
This tool is under development at the ASIM department of the LIP6 laboratory. We need your feedback to improve documentation and tools. ASIM
/LIP6 October 1, 1997 LOG(1)