Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Thread creation in c++
Operating Systems Solaris Thread creation in c++ Post 302104684 by vijlak on Friday 26th of January 2007 02:53:50 PM
Old 01-26-2007
Thanks a lot!
I will look into it .

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to cancel a thread safely from the initial thread?

how about asynchronous canceling? or with signal? if with signal whether it effects the process? my english so badly :( :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alan.zhao
1 Replies

2. Programming

Question on creation of Thread pool

dear sir/madam presently i am in a process of creating a multithread pool using clone() system call in unix with c programming. i am facing some problem ie., i am able create multithread pool and able to keep all the threads in wait state,but when i call kill (afunction revoke a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Radha
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

thread creation

#include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <pthread.h> void *fork_thread(void *ptr ); main() { pthread_t thread1; char *message1 = "Thread 1"; int iret1; iret1 = pthread_create( &thread1, NULL, fork_thread, (void*) message1); exit(0); } Void *fork_thread(... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: annapurna konga
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

thread creation

Void *fork_thread( void *ptr ) i am getting error in this line please help me out (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: annapurna konga
1 Replies

5. Programming

Parent Thread Of Child Thread

Parent Thread Of Child Thread Suppose a process creates some threads say threadC and threadD. Later on each of these threads create new child threads say threadC1, threadC2, threadC3 etc. So a tree of threads will get created. Is there any way to find out the parent thread of one such... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies
WORKER(3)								 1								 WORKER(3)

The Worker class

INTRODUCTION
Worker Threads have a persistent context, as such should be used over Threads in most cases. When a Worker is started, the run method will be executed, but the Thread will not leave until one of the following conditions are met: othe Worker goes out of scope (no more references remain) othe programmer calls shutdown othe script dies This means the programmer can reuse the context throughout execution; placing objects on the stack of the Worker will cause the Worker to execute the stacked objects run method. Warning The programmer must retain references to stacked objects until they are executed or unstacked; the Pool class provides a higher level abstraction of the Worker functionality and manages references for the programmer. CLASS SYNOPSIS
Worker Workerextends ThreadTraversableCountableArrayAccess Methods o public integer Worker::getStacked (void ) o public boolean Worker::isShutdown (void ) o public boolean Worker::isWorking (void ) o public boolean Worker::shutdown (void ) o public integer Worker::stack (Threaded &$work) o public integer Worker::unstack ([Threaded &$work]) Inherited methods o public void Thread::detach (void ) o public integer Thread::getCreatorId (void ) o publicstatic Thread Thread::getCurrentThread (void ) o publicstatic integer Thread::getCurrentThreadId (void ) o public integer Thread::getThreadId (void ) o publicstatic mixed Thread::globally (void ) o public boolean Thread::isJoined (void ) o public boolean Thread::isStarted (void ) o public boolean Thread::join (void ) o public void Thread::kill (void ) o public boolean Thread::start ([integer $options]) PHP Documentation Group WORKER(3)