Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: unix question
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Chat with iBot - Our RSS Robot Girl unix question Post 302104517 by prudhviy on Thursday 25th of January 2007 01:25:46 PM
Old 01-25-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gollum
Does "it" still refer to your question?
tell me how to install red hat on my system

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix question

How might you look at the last mail message someone sent you , without running the mail utility? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swetha
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

unix to unix serial connection question

hi there i'm a new bie just got few simple questions to ask. I got expert in windows configuration but totally new to unix environment . I want to make sure a com port (com1) is working, so I connect a 9-pin cable (CB9) for both PC using Unix environment (unix to unix). The question are (1)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: typsam
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix 10.2 question

I'm a verteran to Windows but i newbie to UNIX so i hope this isn't too dumb of a question. I have an HP 9000 D Class Server that has 10.2 and uses a console. The console died and i was told i can put a standard EISA video card in it and use a regualr monitor and keyboard. My question is how do i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: egress1
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix History Question: Why are filenames/dirnames case sentsitive in Unix?

I tried looking for the answer online and came up with only a few semi-answers as to why file and directory names are case sensitive in Unix. Right off the bat, I'll say this doesn't bother me. But I run into tons of Windows and OpenVMS admins in my day job who go batty when they have to deal... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question about unix

Hey everyone i am new to unix as well, has anybody heard of the script that allows you screen to look just like the Windows screen, if yea, what is it? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gueso
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Unix Question

IF A program or database routine is writing in a file laying on unix box then how can be identify the process id which is writing in the file. Please let me know how can we do using root command and without root command? Regards, Shashank (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: TAPARIA
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

a question about UNIX 5.0.6 , help me please

Dear friends I'm really new comer to this place and to this subject you will make me so happy if you help me about these questions: 1- I must install UNIX 5.0.6 because one of my work software will works ONLY on this version , so , I want to know WHERE CAN I DOWNLOAD A COMPELETE PACKAGE OF... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrr53
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix question

When you enter your login id and password, what determines what program startsup? Is it always a Unix shell? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alice Klein
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX question

Pleas I want answer this question or reference or link website can find answer to this question? 1. We consider that we are running on a UNIX system which uses ACL as a mechanism for file protection. Where is the protection information of the file stored? 2. In UNIX, each device is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamer11007
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Question on UNIX

Hi, Can you please advise on answers of below 4 questions as I am not sure on the answers. 1. You are porting a C program that interacts over a network with remote systems. The program was originally written on AMD64 Linux. You are migrating it to SPARC Solaris architecture. Question Based on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vivekit82
1 Replies
MOD_APPARMOR(8) 						     AppArmor							   MOD_APPARMOR(8)

NAME
mod_apparmor - fine-grained AppArmor confinement for Apache DESCRIPTION
An AppArmor profile applies to an executable program; if a portion of the program needs different access permissions than other portions, the program can "change hats" via aa_change_hat(2) to a different role, also known as a subprofile. The mod_apparmor Apache module uses the aa_change_hat(2) mechanism to offer more fine-grained confinement of dynamic elements within Apache such as individual php and perl scripts, while still allowing the performance benefits of using mod_php and mod_perl. To use mod_apparmor with Apache, ensure that mod_apparmor is configured to be loaded into Apache, either via a2enmod, yast or manual editing of the apache2(8)/httpd(8) configuration files, and restart Apache. Make sure that apparmor is also functioning. Once mod_apparmor is loaded within Apache, all requests to Apache will cause mod_apparmor to attempt to change into a hat named by the URI (e.g. /app/some.cgi). If no such hat is found, it will fall back to attempting to use the hat DEFAULT_URI; if that also does not exist, it will fall back to using the global Apache profile. Most static web pages can simply make use of the DEFAULT_URI hat. Additionally, before any requests come in to Apache, mod_apparmor will attempt to change hat into the HANDLING_UNTRUSTED_INPUT hat. mod_apparmor will attempt to use this hat while Apache is doing the initial parsing of a given http request, before its given to a specific handler (like mod_php) for processing. Because defining hats for every URI/URL often becomes tedious, mod_apparmor provides the AAHatName and AADefaultHatName Apache configuration options. AAHatName AAHatName allows you to specify a hat to be used for a given Apache <Directory>, <DirectoryMatch>, <Location> or <LocationMatch> directive (see the Apache documenation for more details). Note that mod_apparmor behavior can become confused if <Directory*> and <Location*> directives are intermingled and it is recommended to use one type of directive. If the hat specified by AAHatName does not exist in the Apache profile, then it falls back to the behavior described above. AADefaultHatName AADefaultHatName allows you to specify a default hat to be used for virtual hosts and other Apache server directives, so that you can have different defaults for different virtual hosts. This can be overridden by the AAHatName directive and is checked for only if there isn't a matching AAHatName or hat named by the URI. If the AADefaultHatName hat does not exist, it falls back to the DEFAULT_URI hat if it exists (as described above). URI REQUEST SUMMARY
When profiling with mod_apparmor, it is helpful to keep the following order of operations in mind: On each URI request, mod_apparmor will first aa_change_hat(2) into ^HANDLING_UNTRUSTED_INPUT, if it exists. Then, after performing the initial parsing of the request, mod_apparmor will: 1. try to aa_change_hat(2) into a matching AAHatName hat if it exists and applies, otherwise it will 2. try to aa_change_hat(2) into the URI itself, otherwise it will 3. try to aa_change_hat(2) into an AADefaultHatName hat if it has been defined for the server/vhost, otherwise it will 4. try to aa_change_hat(2) into the DEFAULT_URI hat, if it exists, otherwise it will 5. fall back to the global Apache policy BUGS
mod_apparmor() currently only supports apache2, and has only been tested with the prefork MPM configuration -- threaded configurations of Apache may not work correctly. There are likely other bugs lurking about; if you find any, please report them at <http://https://bugs.launchpad.net/apparmor/+filebug>. SEE ALSO
apparmor(7), subdomain.conf(5), apparmor_parser(8), aa_change_hat(2) and <http://wiki.apparmor.net>. AppArmor 2.7.103 2012-06-28 MOD_APPARMOR(8)