Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting small script - get sql output & write into txt Post 302104393 by happyv on Thursday 25th of January 2007 04:10:53 AM
Old 01-25-2007
small script - get sql output & write into txt

Hi,

how can I write a small script to run the following statement and output the result into check_result.txt

select /*+RULE*/ tapname from typetbl where tapname like 'AA%' and rejectcode=9;

Normally, I just type sql and get into SQL>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Aggregate values in a file & compare with sql output

Hi, I have a file containing the following data: junk123junk723itemcode001qty01price10total10junkjunk junk123junk723itemcode002qty02price10total20junkjunk .. .. .. could be 5000+ lines I have an algo and need a code to implement this: 1. Linecount = wc -l (should give 5000) 2. For i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shiroh_1982
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we write SQL cursors from shell script

Hi I connected to oracle database through shell script My requiremnt is to get more than one record from the sql query. How can i do in unix to get multiple records. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vyagh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output of Unix & SQL in same file

output of Unix & sql in same file hi all, am working on shell script, i need to format data in such a way that both my Unix commands output & my sql output should be in a same file. I am able to redirect both output in separate files. for sql output: sqlplus -s... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bankimmehta
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a small shell script

Hello Forum members, Have a nice day. I have to write a script for the following below scenario. There are 3 applications located in home directory(ie xyz/app) which have multiple directories and files of diff format(.sh,log,other formats). Case 1: I have to find the hardcoded... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store the sql query output into txt file?

Hi I want ot save SQL query result in one txt file. for that i have written one code line sqlplus -s $dbstring @/usr/local/bin/sched/nightly_Cronjob/exec_123.sql >> /usr/local/bin/sched/nightly_Cronjob/result.txt but it is not working . database : Oracle so please advice me how can i... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Himanshu_soni
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Write pid and command name to a txt file while executing a bash script

Hi All, Just have a requirement, I am executing a bash shell script, my requirement is to catch the pid and job name to a txt file in the same directory, is there anyway to do it? please help me out. Regards Rahul ---------- Post updated at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous update was at... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulkalra9
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL query output convert to HTML & send as email body

Hi , I have a sql query in the unix script ,whose output is shown below.I want to convert this output to HTML table format & send email from unix with this table as email body. p_id src_system amount 1 A 100 2 B 200 3 C ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadeeshn04
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help: Shell script to call sql session with variables stored in .txt file

Hi, I need help in writing a shell script which can read data from a text file (Cancel_ID.txt) and then calls sqlplus session (Cancel.sql) with the first line parameter of the text file ("0322600453") till all rows are not completed. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khan28
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not able to write SQL query output in to .csv file with shell script.

I am trying to write SQL query output into a .csv file. But in the output columns are displaying in different lines instead of coming in one line. Main Code shell script: this is my code: #!/bin/bash file="db_detail.txt" . $file rm /batch/corpplan/bin/dan.csv... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepgoli53
6 Replies
EXECUTE(7)                                                         SQL Commands                                                         EXECUTE(7)

NAME
EXECUTE - execute a prepared statement SYNOPSIS
EXECUTE name [ ( parameter [, ...] ) ] DESCRIPTION
EXECUTE is used to execute a previously prepared statement. Since prepared statements only exist for the duration of a session, the pre- pared statement must have been created by a PREPARE statement executed earlier in the current session. If the PREPARE statement that created the statement specified some parameters, a compatible set of parameters must be passed to the EXECUTE statement, or else an error is raised. Note that (unlike functions) prepared statements are not overloaded based on the type or number of their parameters; the name of a prepared statement must be unique within a database session. For more information on the creation and usage of prepared statements, see PREPARE [prepare(7)]. PARAMETERS
name The name of the prepared statement to execute. parameter The actual value of a parameter to the prepared statement. This must be an expression yielding a value that is compatible with the data type of this parameter, as was determined when the prepared statement was created. OUTPUTS
The command tag returned by EXECUTE is that of the prepared statement, and not EXECUTE. EXAMPLES
Examples are given in the Examples [prepare(7)] section of the PREPARE [prepare(7)] documentation. COMPATIBILITY
The SQL standard includes an EXECUTE statement, but it is only for use in embedded SQL. This version of the EXECUTE statement also uses a somewhat different syntax. SEE ALSO
DEALLOCATE [deallocate(7)], PREPARE [prepare(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 EXECUTE(7)