Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting pick correct message and mail. Post 302104338 by happyv on Wednesday 24th of January 2007 08:33:11 PM
Old 01-24-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrek
Try changing the last few lines to....

Echo "Dear All\nHere is the list etc etc \n\n" > result2.txt
cat result.txt | sort | cut -c 35-70 >> result2.txt
cat result2.txt | mailx -s "Missing tap file status" xxxx#hotmail.com

In regard to the hotmail email, your server must be configure to handle email requests being sent to the "outside world".....
Great..Thx!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab Mail message

Hi When I make change in crontab entries , I get below message as a mail. Can any one tell me what this indicates? ********************************************* From wlsdev05 Fri Sep 22 02:11:23 2006 Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 02:11:23 -0400 (EDT) From: "Geff Thomson - " <wlsdev05>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajkrmishra
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

two files as a message in mail

i have two files --file1 and file2-- how should i send both the contents of files as a message in the mail body ali@unix.com i have written the script ---------------------------- #!/bin/ksh mail -s "the two files are" ali@unix.com < file1 < file2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Return mail message

Hi I would like to know how interpret line by line a return mail message sent by unix mailer-daemon (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alcvrjo
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail Message

Hi, Need a script bash,sh or perl doesn't metter, witch can read mail message text file and grep message body. Does it possible? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mirror
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get the correct alignment in a textfile to a mail using shell script?

Hi All, Can any one solve this prob. Im sending a textfile content as a mail body while sending a mail using shell script. But, that textfile content is a unic command output. So, in mail, im not getting the correct alignment as in textfile. What may be the reason behind this. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suman_dba1
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Turn Off the Message [YOU HAVE NEW MAIL]

#!/bin/sh cd /u02/app/ccalloc/dev/in CURDIR=`pwd` echo directory listing of $CURDIR echo ls -latr i have a basic shell script that displays a specific files on a directory. when the script is run and it does not find the file in the directory it display a first line message of how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wtolentino
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to check the mail ids in the correct format or not

Hi Folks, I have few mailids in a text file and need to check whether the mailid is in correct format or not. If just to check whether the string is a mailid or not there is a perl module Email::Valid to do the business or we can implement our own logic. But the mail_ids I am having is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Mail -s help ,change the sender to correct one

Hi expert I use mail -s "hello" bruce@sohu.com <kernel-img.conf send mail, it display the sender is lyang001@lyang001-OptiPlex-9010.corp.ad..com How can I change the sender to yanglei.fage@gmail.com to default ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

9. Programming

Get correct mail id

Hi Team, I have below data , could you please help to get correct mail id in oracle only. bhatt,rabi rabi.bhatt@n.com, test, mishra test.mishra@n.com, skype, amit skype.amit@n.com, output like :rabi.bhatt@n.com test.mishra@n.com skype.amit@n.com Please use CODE tags as required... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Should pick latest file within past 3 days using UNIX script and perform steps in message below.

Hi , Can anyone help me how do perform below requirement in unix. Step1:we will receive multiple files weekly with same name(as below) in a folder(In folder we will have other files also def.dat,ghf.dat) Filenames: 1) abc_20171204_052389.dat 2)abc_20171204_052428.dat DON'T modify... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnykamal59
23 Replies
from(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   from(1)

NAME
from - Shows whom mail messages are from SYNOPSIS
from [-s sender] [user] The from command prints out the mail header lines in your mailbox file. OPTIONS
Prints headers for mail sent by sender. Specifies a mail spool directory. Use this flag if you want to examine a mailbox in a directory other than /usr/spool/mail, which is the system default. DESCRIPTION
If user is specified, then user's mailbox is examined instead of your own. EXAMPLES
To display the message headings in your mailbox, enter: from The names of the senders and the message dates are displayed. To display the message headings for mail sent by a specific user, enter: from -s dale Displays only the message headings of the messages sent from user dale. To display the message headings in a specific user's mail- box, enter: from dawn The message headings from user dawn's mailbox are displayed, provided you have read permission for dawn's mailbox. FILES
User mailbox files. SEE ALSO
Commands: biff(1), mail(1), mailx(1) from(1)