Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users ssh RSA authentication failure Post 302104304 by prkfriryce on Wednesday 24th of January 2007 04:05:31 PM
Old 01-24-2007
After going as far as double checking PAM modules confs, I did a simple ls -ld on the user's #HOME dir and found that the server not allowing access was 0775 instead of 0755. A quick chmod and I was good to go.

thanks for the input anyway.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do I enable RSA authentication (i've already read the FreeBSD handbook on this...

I followed the directions under 10.10.6, but nothing seems to have happened. When I try logging in, nothing has changed. I still login using my username/password combination. I've already created the keyparis, but why isn't this working? What I'm looking to do is to put the pub keypair... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
2 Replies

2. Solaris

OPEN ssh with PAM &RSA

We have tested successfully OPENssh with RSA & PAM, now we have to implement this in all of our environment. In order to do this we want to integrate all the OPEN ssh packages and RSA software into one package and then just do a pkgadd of the created package and it should take care of everthing. My... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishal999
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PAM authentication failure

My PAM module seems to work right but it fails in authentication. Althought it can't authenticate, the session module works and the software who uses it executes well. For example, when I login through "gdm" using pam to authenticate against an ldap server /var/log/auth.log shows Any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: capibolso
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH with RSA keys - error contacting the authentication agent

Hi all, Basic Requirement: To SFTP large files (usually 10GB). We use webMethods 6.1.2 (installed on Unix) as the orchstrator and make underlying Unix system calls to do the processing. That is, if we have to SFTP a large file - webMethods will invoke a Perl script on the underlying Unix... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeeppotdar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture RSA fingerprint from ssh response

Hi. I'm trying to automate access to an Amazon Web Services machine instance. What this means is that my script is trying to use ssh to connect to a new server every time. I know the RSA fingerprint of my new server through an out-of-band channel. I would like to capture the RSA fingerprint... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chorlton
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password-less RSA Authentication not working

Hello Friends, I know this issue has been raised many times and hence I tried every resolution provided in the forum before I posted this issue again. My Password-less RSA authentication was working fine for quite some time. Whenever the remote server password used to change I used to re-do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mehimadri
5 Replies

7. Linux

Authentication Failure while Connecting to NXServer

Hello All, I am having trouble connecting to a Fedora 16 Server using NX Client for Windows 7. It gives the following error: NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 7124 NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files NX> 285 Setting the preferred NX options NX>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psoheil
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need Password-Less ssh with RSA-VPN

We have RSA SecureID softtoken key generator on my Windows machine. It generates new keys every 1 minute. Any HPUX server (be it ServerD or ServerP) requires my ID and the randomly generated RSA SecureID softtoken key from my Windows to login. I login to ServerD. Then I run a script... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cron Authentication Failure error in Linux

I was bogged with an error “Authentication Failure” for all of my cron jobs in Linux Ubunutu. root@Test:~# tail -f /var/log/syslog | grep cron Dec 11 16:38:01 Test cron: Authentication failure Dec 11 16:38:01 Test cron: Authentication failure Dec 11 16:38:09 Test cron: (CRON) INFO (pidfile... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SULTAN01
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab authentication failure

Dear all, I noticed in syslog that i receive authentication failure from cron: Mar 11 23:19:01 s1 CRON28789]: Authentication failure Mar 11 23:19:01 s1 cron: Authentication failure Mar 11 23:19:01 s1 cron: Authentication failure Mar 11 23:19:01 s1 CRON: Authentication failure Mar 11... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mydove
3 Replies
pkgproto(1)							   User Commands						       pkgproto(1)

NAME
pkgproto - generate prototype file entries for input to pkgmk command SYNOPSIS
pkgproto [-i] [-c class] [path1] pkgproto [-i] [-c class] [path1=path2...] DESCRIPTION
pkgproto scans the indicated paths and generates prototype(4) file entries that may be used as input to the pkgmk(1) command. If no paths are specified on the command line, standard input is assumed to be a list of paths. If the pathname listed on the command line is a directory, the contents of the directory is searched. However, if input is read from stdin, a directory specified as a pathname will not be searched. OPTIONS
-i Ignores symbolic links and records the paths as ftype=f (a file) versus ftype=s (symbolic link). -c class Maps the class of all paths to class. OPERANDS
path1 Pathname where objects are located. path2 Pathname which should be substituted on output for path1. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Examples of the use of pkgproto.1. The following two examples show uses of pkgproto and a partial listing of the output produced. Example 1: example% pkgproto /bin=bin /usr/bin=usrbin /etc=etc f none bin/sed=/bin/sed 0775 bin bin f none bin/sh=/bin/sh 0755 bin daemon f none bin/sort=/bin/sort 0755 bin bin f none usrbin/sdb=/usr/bin/sdb 0775 bin bin f none usrbin/shl=/usr/bin/shl 4755 bin bin d none etc/master.d 0755 root daemon f none etc/master.d/kernel=/etc/master.d/kernel 0644 root daemon f none etc/rc=/etc/rc 0744 root daemon Example 2: example% find / -type d -print | pkgproto d none / 755 root root d none /bin 755 bin bin d none /usr 755 root root d none /usr/bin 775 bin bin d none /etc 755 root root d none /tmp 777 root root EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkgmk(1), pkgparam(1), pkgtrans(1), prototype(4), attributes(5) Application Packaging Developer's Guide NOTES
By default, pkgproto creates symbolic link entries for any symbolic link encountered (ftype=s). When you use the -i option, pkgproto cre- ates a file entry for symbolic links (ftype=f). The prototype(4) file would have to be edited to assign such file types as v (volatile), e (editable), or x (exclusive directory). pkgproto detects linked files. If multiple files are linked together, the first path encountered is considered the source of the link. By default, pkgproto prints prototype entries on the standard output. However, the output should be saved in a file (named Prototype or prototype, for convenience) to be used as input to the pkgmk(1) command. SunOS 5.10 6 Nov 2000 pkgproto(1)