Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Wireless ipw2200 activation
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Wireless ipw2200 activation Post 302103754 by XinU* on Sunday 21st of January 2007 10:00:22 AM
Old 01-21-2007
Wireless ipw2200 activation

hello !

i am trying to activate my wireless network card on my laptop currently running :
2.6.18-1.2869.fc6 , but an error msg appears "ipw2200 device eth1 does not seem to be present, delaying initialization." the same msg also appears at the start up process, when trying to bring up eth1.

Everything seems to be in order for ipw2200 ,drivers modules , firmware, some ieee drivers required for ipw2200, all installed - prepared.

Thx in advance.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Can't get IPW2200 wireless going on RedHat?

I have installed RedHat Fedora 4 and now Fedora 6 on my laptop, it recognizes that I have Intel ProWireless 2200bg, but when I try and activate it through Networking it says "IPW2200 doesn't seem to be present..." Can anybody help me? Jon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Joncamp
1 Replies

2. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Did not receive activation mail

Hi Administrators, I've registered myself yesterday and have been waiting for my account to be activated. I've followed the instructions in the 'See this if you have an account but cannot post ' thread to request for an activation mail to be sent to my other email address, but still did not... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pl_cyber
0 Replies

3. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Account Activation Problem

Hi, I got the username and activation code to my email id but when i click on the forum link and enter the activation code and username there then , It displays "We could not activate your account because this web address is not valid. Make sure that you have the entire address from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MIKU
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cronjob Activation

Hi All, I have set a cronjob to run a script at a frequency of 10 mins. However, if the script takes more than 10 mins to complete, how will the cronjob behaves? 1) Does it ignore the current process and restart the whole process again? 2) Or does it stop to trigger the script again unless... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
5 Replies

5. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Activation

can't activate (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamalwil7
0 Replies

6. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

I need another activation email

Hi neo I registered yesterday,but i don't receive the activation email,can u send again? thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: swrd
1 Replies

7. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Not Receiving Activation Email

I've tried suggestions from previous threads sending an activation email several times. I'm not sure if email server is blocking domain name. What is the domain name of the activation email...unix.com? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BigSky
1 Replies

8. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

I didnt get the activation email !!

I tried to register twice but without success ,I used the Hotmail email on both of them. Im sure I typed the correct email, because I used " copy and paste" and I did the "re-sent the activation" option (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: BaxxterHp
10 Replies

9. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Not able to post after activation

Hi... I got my account created and after activation I'm not able to create new posts or start a new thread. Can you help on how to start a new thread? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bang3095
1 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

No activation email received

I have tried to register today with the username BatterBits, but have not received the activation email I do not live in any of the restricted countries - unless the UK has suddenly become a threat! I'd be grateful if you would assist. many thanks Ian (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unregistered
2 Replies
IWGETID(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							IWGETID(8)

NAME
iwgetid - Report ESSID, NWID or AP/Cell Address of wireless network SYNOPSIS
iwgetid [interface] [--scheme] [--ap] [--freq] [--mode] [--protocol] DESCRIPTION
iwgetid is used to find out the NWID, ESSID or AP/Cell Address of the wireless network that is currently used. The information reported is the same as the one shown by iwconfig, but iwgetid is easier to integrate in various scripts. By default, iwgetid will print the ESSID of the device, and if the device doesn't have any ESSID it will print its NWID. OPTIONS
--scheme This option disables pretty-printing of the information, only the raw ESSID (or NWID, or AP Address) is printed. Also, characters that are not alphanumerics (like space, punctuation and control characters) are skipped. The resulting output is a valid Pcmcia scheme identifier (that may be used as an argument of the command cardctl scheme). This for- mat is also ideal when using the result of iwgetid as a variable in Shell or Perl scripts. --ap Display the MAC address of the Wireless Access Point or the Cell. --freq Display the current frequency or channel used by the interface. --mode Display the current mode of the interface. --protocol Display the protocol name of the interface. This allow to identify all the cards that are compatible with each other and accept the same type of configuration. This can also be used to check Wireless Extension support on the interface, as this is the only attribute that all drivers support- ing Wireless Extension are mandated to support. SEE ALSO
iwconfig(8), ifconfig(8), iwspy(8), iwpriv(8). net-tools 7 August 2001 IWGETID(8)