Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: related to sed
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers related to sed Post 302103361 by maheshwin on Thursday 18th of January 2007 01:10:53 AM
Old 01-18-2007
u can use

sed -e 's/^occurence/changepattern/g' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

x windows related

Hello, I am learning X/Motif programming.I wanted some information about how to create animations using this. can you please suggest me some website which contains this information?? I did not know where to post this thread.So I just posted it here. Thanks in advance. shilpa (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: informshilpa
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

oracle related

Plz. help me for returning set of values from oracle to unix array? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harsh_kats
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How are the following two commands related?

Trying to get through UNIX class that I mostly missed due to illness. If anyone can help me with this question I'd appreciate it. Thank you. How are the following two commands related? 1s -1R /proc ps ax (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: radhanuja
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed related query

Hi I have a file which looks like this //string = "abcd"; //info //string = "*pqrs"; //add string = "#123"; //sub //string = "#1234567890" data = check(string) //string = "#1234567890" I want to modify this as string = "#987"; //mult data = check(string) How do i do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gopsman
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

assistance requested (sed related)

I gotta write a command to change the accounts in /etc/passwd that use a shell other than the bash to bash shell. those accounts that dont use a shell shouldnt get modified. assuming all the shell programs end in sh and other programs dont. and the result should go into /etc/passwd.rev any hint? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metalwarrior
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting related .

Could any body give the solution/script to get the below... 1.script will run and detcect the files having 0kb size , and give the solution in a out put file.(Will search the file in the path let say /abc/M/) 2.Same as the above also send a mail to your mails id , with the file name stating... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexMar
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

count related..

is it possible to count the no of line in a zip file with out un compress the zip file.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexMar
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question related to sed or awk or perl

Hi All, I have a big file of 100,000 lines with the following format: 1,736870,736870,1,2,5,547,1253889535,1253889775,240,30,152.163.141.8,US,0,00,-g 1253889445 1,881246,881246,1,2,6,402,1253889535,1253889775,240,30,152.163.141.8,US,0,00,-g 1253889445... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: toms
4 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

FC related disks

Dear Friends, I would like know what are FC related disks and how it will be viewed by generic OSes (Unix, Unix like, Windows & etc.) AFAIK it is viewed by generic OS as SCSI. Can we have FC related disks as internal storage(physically) of general purpose machine (Server / PC /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tlogine
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

need downloading related help...but its not related to unix

Hi All, I am trying to dowmload the zip file "zkManageCustomers.zip " but i dont have access. Can anyone help me to download this file See the below link- http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/wa-aj-open/index.html?ca=drs- Please help me as early as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies
STRSUB(3pub)						       C Programmer's Manual						      STRSUB(3pub)

NAME
strsub - substitute first occurence of pattern with another string SYNOPSIS
#include <publib.h> char *strsub(char *str, const char *pat, const char *sub); DESCRIPTION
strsub finds the first occurence of the pattern pat in the string str (using a method similar to strstr(3), i.e., no regular expressions), and replaces it with sub. If pat does not occur in str, no substitution is made. Of course, if sub is an empty string, the pattern is deleted from the string. RETURN VALUE
strsub returns a pointer to the first character after the substitution, or NULL if no substitution was made. EXAMPLE
To substitute up to two occurences of "foo" with "bar" in a line, one might do the following. p = strsub(line, "foo", "bar"); if (p != NULL) strsub(line, "foo", "bar"); SEE ALSO
publib(3), strstr(3), strgsub(3) AUTHOR
Lars Wirzenius (lars.wirzenius@helsinki.fi) Publib C Programmer's Manual STRSUB(3pub)