Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris syntax error at line 59: `end of file' unexpected Post 302103110 by Remi on Tuesday 16th of January 2007 01:28:01 PM
Old 01-16-2007
The $ at the end of the scripts - due to the set list command.

Thanks Again

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on shell script : syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected

Hi All, I have written a korn script (code pasted below). It is giving the error while debugging "new.sh: syntax error at line 62: `end of file' unexpected". I have re-written the whole code in VI and explored all help related to this error on this Unix forum and tried it. Somehow, I could... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: schandrakar1
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop not working - syntax error at line 6: `end of file' unexpected

I have a file called test.dat which contains a b I have written a shell script called test.sh for i in `cat test.dat` do echo $i done When i run this script using sh test.sh I get this message - test.sh: syntax error at line 6: `end of file' unexpected What is the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: debojyoty
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

mkmkfiles.imake: line 51: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi, i am installing glut-3.5 using that ./mkmkfiles.imake its showing an error msg as root@lxdevenv:~/Desktop/openGL/glut-3.5# ./mkmkfiles.imake ./mkmkfiles.imake: line 51: syntax error: unexpected end of file root@lxdevenv:~/Desktop/openGL/glut-3.5# actually there are 49 lines in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravikishore
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

syntax error at line 752: `end of file' unexpected

Hi, I'm having a syntax error at line 752: `end of file' unexpected. However, i didn't make any changes on line 752. I just inserted a new code in an existing program. Can anyone please check if there is something wrong with my code: if then lline=`tail -5 $badfile` ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chryz
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

./TRUNCATE-PS_TXN.sh: line 54: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi All , My below script is for chacking vaule and then trucating table : ___________ test4@aceuatcs04:/u01/test4/SOLID/Testscript>cat TRUNCATE-PS_TXN.sh #-------------------------------------------------------------------- # Created by:Kaushlesh Yadav # Generated on: 15/07/2010 # Job... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaushelsh168
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help line 35: syntax error: unexpected end of file only 34 lines of code

I am not sure what I am doing wrong here, I did some research and only confused myself further. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I need to make this work for work tomorrow. There are only 34 lines of code in this script, yet its complaining about line 35 Here is the code: ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: BkontheShell718
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

EOF Usage - line 56: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Below is a test script I'm writing in the process of learning to write script. When I try to run it I get an unexpected end of file error on line 56. Thoughts? SCRIPT: #!/bin/bash # system_page - A script to produce a system information HTML file ##### Constants TITLE="My System... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpercy725
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

line 15: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi all, I am very new to programming and even newer to this forum as well, so I apologize if this should have been in the Newbie category, but... I am currently trying to figure out Shell Scripting and am running into problems early. Not having taken any kind of programming class, I am not even... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccorder22
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

sh: module: line 1: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Hi, We have installed linux6(RHEL) OS and installed datastage application on that. First time installation worked fine and our all services related to datastage was up and running. When we stopped the datastage and restarted its giving below error while restart:- ./uv -admin -start DataStage... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Del: line 13: syntax error: unexpected end of file

1 echo -e "Enter a filename" 2 read filename 3 if 4 then 5 echo -e "do you want to delete?" 6 read answer 7 if 8 then rm myfirst 9 else 10 echo -e "file not deleted" 11 fi 12 exit0 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Speedy
1 Replies
DIFF3(1)						      General Commands Manual							  DIFF3(1)

NAME
diff3 - 3-way differential file comparison SYNOPSIS
diff3 [ -exEX3 ] file1 file2 file3 DESCRIPTION
Diff3 compares three versions of a file, and publishes disagreeing ranges of text flagged with these codes: ==== all three files differ ====1 file1 is different ====2 file2 is different ====3 file3 is different The type of change suffered in converting a given range of a given file to some other is indicated in one of these ways: f : n1 a Text is to be appended after line number n1 in file f, where f = 1, 2, or 3. f : n1 , n2 c Text is to be changed in the range line n1 to line n2. If n1 = n2, the range may be abbreviated to n1. The original contents of the range follows immediately after a c indication. When the contents of two files are identical, the contents of the lower-numbered file is suppressed. Under the -e option, diff3 publishes a script for the editor ed that will incorporate into file1 all changes between file2 and file3, i.e. the changes that normally would be flagged ==== and ====3. Option -x (-3) produces a script to incorporate only changes flagged ==== (====3). The following command will apply the resulting script to `file1'. (cat script; echo '1,$p') | ed - file1 The -E and -X are similar to -e and -x, respectively, but treat overlapping changes (i.e., changes that would be flagged with ==== in the normal listing) differently. The overlapping lines from both files will be inserted by the edit script, bracketed by "<<<<<<" and ">>>>>>" lines. For example, suppose lines 7-8 are changed in both file1 and file2. Applying the edit script generated by the command "diff3 -E file1 file2 file3" to file1 results in the file: lines 1-6 of file1 <<<<<<< file1 lines 7-8 of file1 ======= lines 7-8 of file3 >>>>>>> file3 rest of file1 The -E option is used by RCS merge(1) to insure that overlapping changes in the merged files are preserved and brought to someone's atten- tion. FILES
/tmp/d3????? /usr/libexec/diff3 SEE ALSO
diff(1) BUGS
Text lines that consist of a single `.' will defeat -e. 7th Edition October 21, 1996 DIFF3(1)