Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Unix Scripts & Counting TCP Connections Post 302102990 by zazzybob on Monday 15th of January 2007 09:25:46 PM
Old 01-15-2007
microuniz - please review our rules - assignment questions are not permitted.

As the thread that you hijacked has run it's course anyway, I will now close it.

Thanks
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Scripts - Processes, CPU, Max. Connections

Hi all, Can any one please tell me how to find these in Unix (Commands) 1. Too many processes connected to the server. 2. High Utilization of CPU. 3. Maximum Number of connections with the database. OS: Sun Solaris 5.8 DB : Oracle 10g Thanks and Regards, Prashanth (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prashanth_gs
1 Replies

2. Programming

C & TCP question: AF_INET vs AF_UNIX

Greetings! I am attempting to write a *basic* network client in C. I have manage to create a socket but I have doubts as far as using AF_INET vs AF_UNIX. At the present time, my client runs with AF_INET. Is AF_UNIX faster across hosts using the same OS flavor (Red Hat)? What is the difference... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Alan Christen
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A bi directional script that will monitor the TCP/IP connections between two physical

Dear All , I'm looking for a unix script that will monitor the TCP/IP connections between two physical ip addresses and when it dectes an IP is down it generates an alarm and sends SMS to mobile numbers. Can any one help, I need this urgently. Waiting for positive replies.. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: samura
3 Replies

4. Red Hat

How to kill all active tcp connections from an IP?

How to kill all active tcp connections from an IP? I am using CentOS (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: an00p
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

syntax for counting & printing record count

Hi I have a complex script which outputs a text file for loading into a db. I now need to enhance this script do that I can issue an ‘lp' command to show the count of the number of records in this file. Can anybody give me the necessary syntax ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malts18
2 Replies

6. IP Networking

How to test max number of tcp connections

Hello, I wanna test max tcp connection value. Please suggest how to do that. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gstoychev
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk array syntax & counting script

..... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: elbee11
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Isolating & Counting IP from log file

Dear Community, today my website was under attack for several hours. 2 specific IPs make a tons of "get requests" to a specific page and apache server goes up and down. Now the problem is solved because I put in firewall blacklist these IPs, but I took a lot of time to analyze the apache log to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
6 Replies

9. IP Networking

Need to know reason for connections closed in netstat -p tcp

Hello netstat -p give below 6634176 connections as closed.How do we trace that which all connections are being closed on the server? 1366888371 data packet headers correctly predicted 1195906 connection requests 5227320 connection accepts 5992919... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

30 tcp connections Established for a while and after a few minutes are close

Good morning, I need your help please After Restarting Aps or connection, these are connections tcp 0 0 10.80.1.26.57597 10.81.248.79.53008 ESTABLISHED tcp 0 47 10.80.1.26.57607 10.81.248.79.53008 ESTABLISHED tcp 0 0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
4 Replies
MYSQL_ZAP(1)						       MySQL Database System						      MYSQL_ZAP(1)

NAME
mysql_zap - kill processes that match a pattern SYNOPSIS
mysql_zap [-signal] [-?Ift] pattern DESCRIPTION
mysql_zap kills processes that match a pattern. It uses the ps command and Unix signals, so it runs on Unix and Unix-like systems. Invoke mysql_zap like this: shell> mysql_zap [-signal] [-?Ift] pattern A process matches if its output line from the ps command contains the pattern. By default, mysql_zap asks for confirmation for each process. Respond y to kill the process, or q to exit mysql_zap. For any other response, mysql_zap does not attempt to kill the process. If the -signal option is given, it specifies the name or number of the signal to send to each process. Otherwise, mysql_zap tries first with TERM (signal 15) and then with KILL (signal 9). mysql_zap supports the following additional options: o --help, -?, -I Display a help message and exit. o -f Force mode. mysql_zap attempts to kill each process without confirmation. o -t Test mode. Display information about each process but do not kill it. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997, 2014, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Oracle Corporation (http://dev.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.5 01/30/2014 MYSQL_ZAP(1)