Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX - create folder in hdisk1 instead Post 302102923 by lwy2020 on Monday 15th of January 2007 05:05:18 AM
Old 01-15-2007
AIX - create folder in hdisk1 instead

Dear All,

I have two h.disks.

Please advice for how to create a new folder/directory in hdisk1 instead of the hdisk0? I need to use the folder to store for xmlfiles for my application accessing to read it.

Thank a lots.

Best Regards,
Tom

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create Folder in Multiple Directories

Hi, I am trying to figure out how to have a folder created in multiple directories. For example /home is where we have over 1500 staff members directories, the staff members name is the name of directory under /home. I need to have a folder called "Desktop" created in every staff members directory.... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stud33
15 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create Folder and setup Apache

Hi, I'm a new person in here and also newbie. When I create a home folder for User and let them install any things they want in their own folder but there is one problem and i don't know how to resolved it. I post with a captured picture about this problem ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cthinh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create folder and sub-folder in UNIX ?

Hi all, I have the following code to check the whether the folder is exist in my system. if ; then echo 'folder exist'; else echo 'folder not exist'; mkdir /home/batch/testing ; fi When I remove the "testing" folder from "/home/batch" directory, the code is working fine. But when I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suigion
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to create folder as a user

Hi All, I am trying to create a folder in /export/home/user1 directory as a user1 but I am getting the error message as -bash-3.00$ mkdir abc mkdir: Failed to make directory "abc"; Permission denied Also I tried creating the folder but it fails too -bash-3.00$ touch abc touch: cannot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath K V
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to create a folder with contents

I am working on HP Unix. Require a script for the below requirement. Requirement are: 1. Need to create a folder with files. 2. The folder should have a naming convention like - LRIC_ARCHIVE_ddmmyyhhmmss_version_nnn, the version number needs to be selected from an oracle table. 3. When the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roadies99
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create subfolder within folder in one command

suppose if i am checking folder g as shown below path a/b/c/d/e/f/g ,and some directory c,d,e,f,g not present then is there anyway to create directory in one command or i need to use mkdir for everyfolder (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lalitpct
3 Replies

7. AIX

Change lv REGION in HDISK1

Dears my rootvg is missed up i can not extend the /opt as soon as i try to extend the Filesystem its give me that there is not enough space . as there any way to change the REGION of the LVs in HDISK1 ? lspv -p hdisk0 hdisk0: PP RANGE STATE REGION LV NAME TYPE ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to create folder by using if and elif condition?

Hi All, I have already code to create folder for one country let say US , now we want to create folder/directory for JP country also using shell script , application server. $COUNTRY='US' if ] then if mkdir -m 777 -p /opt/TEST/$COUNTRY/$INVOICE >/dev/null 2>&1 | tee -a ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Boost
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a shared folder using acl

Hello. I need some help to create a shared folder. A group 'publicuser' has been created. A user 'publicuser' has been created ( no login, no home) and belongs to group 'publicuser'. A public folder '/doc' has been created and owner is publicuser:publicuser. All users belonging to group... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
12 Replies

10. AIX

Help with replacing hdisk1

Hello, I have a P-series running AIX 5.3 and hdisk1 is failing. hdisk0 and hdisk1 are mirrored rootvg. My question is, I have an expansion cabinet that has two disks in it that I believe have never been used. I want to replace hdisk1 with one of the unused disks. (hdisk36 or hdisk37) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DanCampbell
1 Replies
RMF(1)								     [nmh-1.5]								    RMF(1)

NAME
rmf - remove an nmh folder SYNOPSIS
rmf [+folder] [-interactive | -nointeractive] [-version] [-help] DESCRIPTION
Rmf removes all of the messages (files) within the specified (or default) folder, and then removes the folder (directory) itself. If there are any files within the folder which are not a part of nmh, they will not be removed, and an error will be produced. If the folder is given explicitly or the -nointeractive option is given, then the folder will be removed without confirmation. Otherwise, the user will be asked for confirmation. If rmf can't find the current folder, for some reason, the folder to be removed defaults to `+inbox' (unless overridden by user's profile entry "Inbox") with confirmation. If the folder being removed is a subfolder, the parent folder will become the new current folder, and rmf will produce a message telling the user this has happened. This provides an easy mechanism for selecting a set of messages, operating on the list, then removing the list and returning to the current folder from which the list was extracted. If rmf s used on a read-only folder, it will delete all the (private) sequences (i.e., "atr-seq-folder" entries) for this folder from your context without affecting the folder itself. Rmf irreversibly deletes messages that don't have other links, so use it with caution. FILES
$HOME/.mh_profile The user profile PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's nmh directory Current-Folder: To find the default current folder Inbox: To find the default inbox SEE ALSO
rmm(1) DEFAULTS
`+folder' defaults to the current folder, usually with confirmation `-interactive' if +folder' not given, `-nointeractive' otherwise CONTEXT
Rmf will set the current folder to the parent folder if a subfolder is removed; or if the current folder is removed, it will make "inbox" current. Otherwise, it doesn't change the current folder or message. BUGS
Although intuitively one would suspect that rmf works recursively, it does not. Hence if you have a sub-folder within a folder, in order to rmf the parent, you must first rmf each of the children. MH.6.8 11 June 2012 RMF(1)