Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting Data From Sendmail Post 302102839 by reborg on Sunday 14th of January 2007 08:24:19 AM
Old 01-14-2007
I'm not sure I follow what you are trying to do.

Do you mean to process the emails or the sendmail log?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extracting sendmail: error

I'm a newbie trying to update an old sendmail 8.6 to 8.12.3 ftp'ed sendmail.org and got sendmail.8.12.3.tar.gz file size matches but when i: tar xvf sendmail.8.12.3.tar.gz i get: tar: directory checksum error tried getting others... ie. 8.12.2... ftp'ed using binary and saved in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sphiengollie
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting certain data from a sentence

How do I delete text in each line from the first character up to a certain pattern, ie. 'qmuser.' and then delete from the next occurence of a dot to the end of the sentence For example: - LTSB Renewal Notice Travel Pack --- d \qmaster\spool1\qmuser.8664_LM245_20031216094308.ps.0 From this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbrundrett
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting data from each line

Hi All I have one file aa.txt like this Change 172453 on 2006/04/26 10:45:45 by cm@cm-ixca-cm-build23 'cmbuild: ixweb-3.10.28.110 ' Change 172362 on 2006/04/26 08:58:47 by cm@cm-ixca-cm-build23 'build failed: ixweb-3.10.28.109' Change 172299 on 2006/04/26 07:39:08 by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: csaha
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting Data Using SED

Given the following text in a file named extract.txt: listenPort:=25 smtpDestination:=2 enableSSL:= I am trying to extract only the value 2 following smtpDestination:= Someone had suggested I use: sed -e "s/^smtpDestination:=\(.*\)$/\1/" extract.txt but this returns: listenPort:=25 2 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleanden
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with extracting data and plotting

I have attached a txt file, what I would like to be able to do is: 1. Extract Data from Columns labeled E/N and Ko into a new file 2. Then in the new file I would like to be able to plot E/N on the X axis and Ko on the y axis. 3. Lastly I would like to be able to extract multiple data sets and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gingburg
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting and printing data

Hi I have the following data : <Cell id="34A" ref="ds:/BTS:34/Cells/Cell:34A"/> <Cell id="34B" ref="ds:/BTS:34/Cells/Cell:34B"/> <Cell id="34C" ref="ds:/BTS:34/Cells/Cell:34C"/> I would like to print this data in the following format : BTS:34 Cell:34A.I'm... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prega
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting specific lines of data from a file and related lines of data based on a grep value range?

Hi, I have one file, say file 1, that has data like below where 19900107 is the date, 19900107 12 144 129 0.7380047 19900108 12 168 129 0.3149017 19900109 12 192 129 3.2766666E-02 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wynner
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting data

I have a txt file of the following format >ab_ qwerty >rt_ hfjkil >Ty2 hglashglkasghkf; >P2 aklhfklflkkgfgkfl >ui_ vnllkdskkkffkfkkf >we32 vksksjksj;lslsf'sk's's .... ..... I want to split this big file based on the header (>) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting data from file

I am trying to compare the data in lines 3 & 5 to see if they match up to the '-S570' (see first code set, all proprietary information has been removed from code set) spawn telnet Trying ... Connected to CA-LOS1234-ASE-S570.cl . Escape character is '^]'. CA-LOS1234-ASE-S570 Username: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slipshft
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with extracting data within parentheses

This is my input file: a|b|c(ef)|g|h(km)|p My output file should look like: a|b|ef|g|km|p That is, pipe is the delimiter. The data within pipe must be displayed as it is but if it encounters any data within parentheses, then only the data within parentheses has to be displayed ( the data... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksatish89
2 Replies
WEDGED(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 WEDGED(8)

NAME
wedged - HylaFAX modem wedged script SYNOPSIS
/var/spool/hylafax/bin/wedged devid device DESCRIPTION
bin/wedged is the command script invoked by the facsimile server when a modem is deemed to be in an irreparable state and requires operator intervention. This decision is based on the setting of the MaxSetupAttempts configuration parameter described in hylafax-config(5). The default wedged script sends electronic mail to the FaxMaster alias. The interval at which emails are sent can be configured in the etc/FaxDispatch file by setting the WEDGED_EMAIL_INTERVAL variable to the desired number of minutes (emails will be sent no more than every WEDGED_EMAIL_INTERVAL minutes, until the wedged condition persists). If the variable WEDGED_DISABLE_FAXGETTY is set in etc/FaxDispatch then the script will attempt to disable any faxgetty processes spawned by the init(8) process for the problematic modem. In addition the faxq(8) process automatically disables use of the modem for servicing outbound jobs. The devid argument is the identifier derived from the name of the modem's device file by substituting ``_'' characters for ``/'' charac- ters; e.g. term_10 for /dev/term/10. The device argument is the name of the character special device associated with the modem. If there exists an executable file /var/spool/hylafax/etc/resetmodem then that file will be executed upon execution of the wedged script in an effort to recover the modem. FILES
/usr/lib/sendmail for delivering mail SEE ALSO
faxq(8), hylafax-config(5) October 3, 1995 WEDGED(8)