Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: getopt(s) source code?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting getopt(s) source code? Post 302102485 by dhinge on Wednesday 10th of January 2007 08:56:23 PM
Old 01-10-2007
getopt(s) source code?

Does anybody know where this is located? Both for getopt and getopts

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCCS (Source Code)

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone out there have experience using the SCCS source code in Unix? If so, can you recommend a good (user friendly) SCCS book for beginner users. Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mary
3 Replies

2. Programming

vmstat source code

i am looking for vmstat source code or a listing of the kernel symbols that vmstat uses in the knlist subroutine. Interested in getting vmstat stats from a c program using knlist subroutine, but i dont know what the names of the kernel symbols are that i need to access. thanks in advance::) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: briansmith40
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Locating C source code

Hi, I'm trying to locate where on the filesystem I can find the source code for C standard libraries. The reason why is I'd like to look at the implementation of "'atoi"'. I've tried a brutal search of "grep -r "atoi" *" from root as root but the search took too long. I'm running redhat 7.3... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chadwick0
3 Replies

4. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Source Code Of Unix

Do you have the source code of UNIX? If yes, can you please send it to me on my email email address deleted For your this help I shall be obliged to you. With Regards rajesh ***phone removed*** (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh_ranjan26
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux source code

Unix is written in C. From where u can see the source code of unix or linux (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting source code of a page

I want to download a particular page from the internet and get the source code of the page in html format. I want to parse the source code to find a specific parameters using grep command. could someone tell me the linux command to download a specific page and parse the source code of it. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahamed
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Block of code replacement in Java source code through Unix script

Hi, I want to remove the following code from Source files (or replace the code with empty.) from all the source files in given directory. finally { if (null != hibernateSession && hibernateSession.isOpen()) { //hibernateSession.close(); } } It would be great if the script has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hareeshram
2 Replies

8. Linux

Source code

I need the source code of fedora. plz plz plz help me........... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neh
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Source code

hii... i am a biginner....and i have linux source code ,downloaded from some website ,a compressed file on windows and dont know how do compile them..... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: M K Raju
4 Replies
getopt(1)						      General Commands Manual							 getopt(1)

NAME
getopt - parse command options SYNOPSIS
optstring args DESCRIPTION
is used to break up options in command lines for easy parsing by shell procedures and to check for legal options. optstring is a string of recognized option letters (see getopt(3C)). If a letter is followed by a colon, the option is expected to have an argument, which may or may not be separated from it by whitespace. The positional parameters ...) of the shell are reset so that each option is preceded by a and is in its own positional parameter; each option argument is also parsed into its own positional parameter. recognizes two hyphens to delimit the end of the options. If absent, places at the end of the options. The most common use of is in the shell's command (see the example below) where converts the command line to a more easily parsed form. writes the modified command line to the standard output. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified in the environment or is set to the empty string, the value of is used as a default for each unspecified or empty vari- able. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of "C" (see lang(5)) is used instead of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to "C". See environ(5). International Code Set Support Single-byte and multibyte character code sets are supported. DIAGNOSTICS
prints an error message on the standard error when it encounters an option letter that is not included in optstring. EXAMPLES
The following code fragment processes the arguments for a command that can take the options or and the option which requires an argument: This code accepts any of the following as equivalent: WARNINGS
option arguments must not be null strings nor contain embedded blanks. SEE ALSO
getopts(1), sh(1), getopt(3C). getopt(1)