Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX v.5.1 - system and user data backup Post 302102037 by Sezgin on Monday 8th of January 2007 04:28:02 AM
Old 01-08-2007
what is the command to list the ProcessID ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

rsh commands not getting executed from Solaris 10 System to AIX System

Hi Friends, I am trying to execute rsh commands from Solaris 10 system to AIX system. When I give; Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ls -l , it gives me an error rshd : 0826-826 The host name for your address is not known At the same time, Solaris10# rsh <hostname> ---- gives me remote shell of... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
25 Replies

2. AIX

How to remote backup with AIX system

I have some questions : 1) We can system backup manual by remotely? (Ex: we peform backup a AIX system in Japan from US)How we can do? 2) We can build a script to system backup automatically? How we can do? 3) We can use which third party to do that? Which tool? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guest
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to verify that copied data to remote system is identical with local data.

I have created simple shell script #!/bin/sh echo `date`; echo "Start .... find . -mtime +95 -print > /tmp/files.txt for file in `cat /tmp/files.txt` do echo "copying file - $file" /usr/local/bin/scp -p -P 2222 $file remote.hostname:/file/path echo "copid file -... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ynilesh
3 Replies

4. AIX

How can I authorize a non-root user to do a system backup with 'mksysb'?

I use AIX 5.2 I want to allow a non-root user to do a system backup with 'mksysb' command. I try to add 'ManageBackup' Role to that non-root user but it have an error "ksh: mksysb: 0403-006 Execute permission denied." What should I do? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIX122
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to incrementally backup data & use most recent data

Hey, dunno if the title really explains this well; basically my problem is (and this is on a router which is why the flash issue)... I have some data I want to store (it's really irelevant, i'm just counting the lines per file, basically a simple counter). I could store this data in flash but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepsi_max2k
0 Replies

6. AIX

How to apply aix 5.3 TL8 properly on ML5 aix system ?

Is it necessary to put system into single user mode for applying aix 5.3 TL8 on a aix 5.3.5.0 system ? Is the TL8 installation not totally safe ? thank you. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
6 Replies

7. AIX

Block root user in system console - aix 5.3

How to block the root user login in system direct console. Users should login with non-root ids themselves and then use the su command to become root. Which configuration file i need to check and disable it. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmvinay
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to make a full system backup excluding data and restoring it to a new system

Hi, In order to have a sand box machine that I could use to test some system changes before going to production state, I'd like to duplicate a working system to a virtual one. Ideally, I'd like to manage to do it this way : - Make a full system backup excluding the user file system (this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pagaille
7 Replies

9. AIX

Accessing files on AIX system from Linux system

I have a following requirement in production system 1 : LINUX User: abcd system 2: AIX (it is hosting a production DB) Requirement user abcd from system 1 should have read access on archive log files created by DB on system 2. The log files are created with permissions 540 by user ora ,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitnm1106
2 Replies

10. AIX

Cloning a system via mksysb backup from one system and restore to new system

Hello All, I am trying to clone an entire AIX virtual machine to a new virtual machine including all partitions and OS.Can anyone help me on the procedure to follow? I am not really sure on how it can be done.Thanks in advance. Please use CODE tags for sample input, sample output, and for code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies
BACKUP_STATUS(8)					       AFS Command Reference						  BACKUP_STATUS(8)

NAME
backup_status - Reports a Tape Coordinator's status SYNOPSIS
backup status [-portoffset <TC port offset>] [-localauth] [-cell <cell name>] [-help] backup st [-p <TC port offset>] [-l] [-c <cell name>] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The backup status command displays which operation, if any, the indicated Tape Coordinator is currently executing. OPTIONS
-portoffset <TC port offset> Specifies the port offset number of the Tape Coordinator for which to report the status. -localauth Constructs a server ticket using a key from the local /etc/openafs/server/KeyFile file. The backup command interpreter presents it to the Backup Server, Volume Server and VL Server during mutual authentication. Do not combine this flag with the -cell argument. For more details, see backup(8). -cell <cell name> Names the cell in which to run the command. Do not combine this argument with the -localauth flag. For more details, see backup(8). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The following message indicates that the Tape Coordinator is not currently performing an operation: Tape coordinator is idle Otherwise, the output includes a message of the following format for each running or pending operation: Task <task_ID>: <operation>: <status> where <task_ID> Is a task identification number assigned by the Tape Coordinator. It begins with the Tape Coordinator's port offset number. <operation> Identifies the operation the Tape Coordinator is performing, which is initiated by the indicated command: Dump The backup dump command. Restore The backup diskrestore, backup volrestore, or backup volsetrestore commands. Labeltape The backup labeltape command. Scantape The backup scantape command. SaveDb The backup savedb command. RestoreDb The backup restoredb command. <status> Indicates the job's current status in one of the following messages. number Kbytes transferred, volume volume_name For a running dump operation, indicates the number of kilobytes copied to tape or a backup data file so far, and the volume currently being dumped. number Kbytes, restore.volume For a running restore operation, indicates the number of kilobytes copied into AFS from a tape or a backup data file so far. [abort requested] The backup kill command was issued, but the termination signal has yet to reach the Tape Coordinator. [abort sent] The operation is canceled by the backup kill command. Once the Backup System removes an operation from the queue or stops it from running, it no longer appears at all in the output from the command. [butc contact lost] The backup command interpreter cannot reach the Tape Coordinator. The message can mean either that the Tape Coordinator handling the operation was terminated or failed while the operation was running, or that the connection to the Tape Coordinator timed out. [done] The Tape Coordinator has finished the operation. [drive wait] The operation is waiting for the specified tape drive to become free. [operator wait] The Tape Coordinator is waiting for the backup operator to insert a tape in the drive. If the Tape Coordinator is communicating with an XBSA server (a third-party backup utility that implements the Open Group's Backup Service API [XBSA]), the following message appears last in the output: <XBSA_program> Tape coordinator where <XBSA_program> is the name of the XBSA-compliant program. EXAMPLES
The following example shows that the Tape Coordinator with port offset 4 has so far dumped about 1.5 MB of data for the current dump operation, and is currently dumping the volume named "user.pat.backup": % backup status -portoffset 4 Task 4001: Dump: 1520 Kbytes transferred, volume user.pat.backup PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be listed in the /etc/openafs/server/UserList file on every machine where the Backup Server is running, or must be logged onto a server machine as the local superuser "root" if the -localauth flag is included. SEE ALSO
backup(8), butc(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 BACKUP_STATUS(8)