Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris installing Solaris 10 with jumpstart from multiple dvds Post 302101996 by jarek on Sunday 7th of January 2007 07:22:16 AM
Old 01-07-2007
installing Solaris 10 with jumpstart from multiple dvds

Hi Reborg,

Thank you for your answer.
Well, The goal is to automate the installation process as much as possible.
I want to avoid any steps that makes the installation time consuming, or growing in complexity, the configuration process included.

I mean that any admin should be able just boot from the dvd and answer to the most basic configuration questions and thats all.

So, I am trying to automate the process as much as possible avoiding, if possible any pre installation configurations and so on.

I still hope that it is possible Smilie

best regards,

Jarek

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

backup spanning multiple DVDs

Fedora Core 6 2.6.20-1.2962.fc6 I have about 15 GB of data that I need to backup to Single-Layer DVDs. Is there a backup method that will allow me to backup spanning multiple DVDs? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
0 Replies

2. Solaris

Jumpstart server over Multiple subnets

Hi, I need some recommendations as to how I can create a single jumpstart server over multiple subnets and what would be the best physical server for this purpose. Thanks . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gunnervarma
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Jumpstart Multiple Clients

We have a WAN boot jumpstart server which works fine .. we have a requirement wherein we would require to jumpstart multiple sparc servers simultaneously, Whats the way .. so that we do not have to wait for a cleint to complete the installation before starting with another server. Any help would... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Multiple sysidcfg files on jumpstart server

Hello, I 've a jumpstart configured, its working fine .. i can build servers from this jumpstart server but i want to build 2-3 servers from the same jumpstart server simultaneously, and since i have only one sysidcfg i can only build 1 server at a time. My question is which file i shuld use for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Installing oracle database enterprise 11,2 with jumpstart

Recently I installed Oracle enterprise database 11.2g for testing purpose on my Solaris box. Problem is I don't want to install database manually any more because it is possible to make Solaris packages and then install database using Jumpstart installation. Problem: This is first time I ever... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Installing Solaris x86 using jumpstart does not set the hostname for the target

Installing Solaris x86 using jumpstart does not set the hostname for the target. Any idea where do we need to specify hostname to be set for jumpstart installation. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
1 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)