Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: command line history
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users command line history Post 302101942 by Krrishv on Friday 5th of January 2007 08:31:14 PM
Old 01-05-2007
you can set the HISTSIZE environment variable for that or you can use the command

history -<no of history commands you are looking for>

eg : history -50

Last edited by Krrishv; 01-05-2007 at 09:56 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

History Command

Hi I am using ksh shell, and I am unable to use the command !n (where n is the number in the history list). Please help me... :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command history

Hello everyone, I am aware about the history command we use in bash. Just had a question regarding the history of commands. Is there any way i can limit my commands to be remembered or is there any way to delete the commands used by myself? Thank you (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan
8 Replies

3. Solaris

^p not giving command line history.

I am used to using "set -o emacs" and then using "CNTL-P" for getting previous commands in solaris but on one host it does not work and instead just makes a DONG!! # ksh # set -o emacs # ls # ^p Can anyone offer guidance as to why this is? Thank you my friends. akbar (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: akbar
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in history Command

in my system history command is set to 60 how to remove all the command status even if i give history command. i mean: if i give history command in unix it should not show anything.........how to achieve this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

History Command

Hi all experts, I want to see all the command that is typed in the server 3 days ago. I typed HISTORY command but it does not show all the things. The reason is my senior DBA could see all the commands ran in the server 3 days ago but i cannot see. Please let me know is there anyway i can view... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ma466
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bash history and command line wrapping

By default, we use ksh (88) as our shell. I prefer bash, so I added this line to my .profile: exec bash -o viI also added this to my .bashrc?: #*********************************************** #These are important tweaks specific to BASH: #***********************************************... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrwatkin
1 Replies

7. AIX

command line history of others

As a newbie sys admin, how do i find out what other login session command line history, what are the commands they used? Thanks. leim (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leim
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

history command

hi, i had to submit a project into a directory. i copied it from my location to the specified folder, no problemo. just one thing though. after i copied and searched for the time i copied using the history command, the system would not show. even using the up arrow key would not display my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: iluvsushi
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using command history

Hi All. Suppose I am in a "verylongpath" directory and I type "gedit thisfile". At a later stage, the command is accessible from the hystory, but it is useless if I have moved to another directory. The same applies to "cd myfolder", etc. Is there a way to instruct shell history to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bruno69
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The history command: See other users command history

Can anyone tell this: If two users are logged into the same server from different locations. Is there a way to see the history command of the other user? I tried the history command, but it is showing me only the commands I used. Thanks in advance for your help. Iamnew2solaris (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies