Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cp doesnt work - Help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cp doesnt work - Help Post 302101737 by matrixmadhan on Thursday 4th of January 2007 04:03:05 AM
Old 01-04-2007
Is there any continuous clean-up process cleaning the files on a specific directory? Could you please check that.
If that is the case, what ever be the number of times you copy the file, that wont be available.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

why doesnt my script work!!!

Is there a utility or command I can use to tell the number of decimal places a number has. For instance, if the number is 432, it will give hundred as the number of decimal places. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heedunk
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cd.. doesnt work

hi when i want to go to previous directory by typing cd.. i get the following message $ cd.. ksh: cd..: not found Please help rintingtong (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rintingtong
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

ls command doesnt work

Good Day I mistakely renamed the dld.sl file in the /usr/lib directory. When i try to ls/ftp into the box i get this error :eek: crt0: ERROR couldn't open /usr/lib/dld.sl errno:000000002 I have tried to rename it back from the renamed file to the original file name, but it gives me the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shawnbishop
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

ldapsearch doesnt work.

Hii All, I am using openldap v2.3 on redhat El-4. When i run ldapsearch it returns all the entries. The command runs successfully. But when I run the ldapsearch with following filter option it doesnt work and immediately returns to the shell. ldapsearch uidNumber>=2000 I've started slapd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamik
0 Replies

5. AIX

Crontab file doesnt seem to work

Hi all. Could anyone explain me why this simple cron job doesnt work: % whoami system % crontab -l * * * * * /usr/bin/touch /home/system/foo (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop doesnt work

It just does the break...even though the files are not the same... # Compare extracts #========================================== count=0 while (( count < 5 )) do (( count+=1 )) echo "Try $count" file1=$(ls -l /tmp/psjava.xml|... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sigh2010
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

compiler doesnt work

this is my file I have written. // My first C++ program #include <iostream> int main() { std::cout << "Hi there!" << std::endl"; std::cout << "This is my first C++ program" << std::endl"; return(0); } This is the error I get, why? $ g++ first.cpp ksh: g++: not found (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gustave
1 Replies

8. AIX

Vi doesnt work

Hi Guys, I have a strange problem.( AIX 6.1) "vi" is not working at all..Whenever i #vi <anythin> ,, it returns the prompt back. Any clues folks?? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzahed
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why doesnt it work?

I am trying to print out two fields in a file using awk. So, I have got awk -F '\t' 'NF = 2 {print $1 $2 "]"}' two.txt in a script called what.awk When i run this version like this - ./what.awk then it runs however I want to run the program like this awk -f what.awk two.txt. When I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: The undertaker
8 Replies

10. Red Hat

Beginner : sftp doesnt work

Hello, I really appreciate any help on this. Have to connect to external server via sftp. Our server is Linux machine Linux our.server.com 3.10.0-514.26.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Jul 4 15:04:05 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I generated the keys, put them in /root/.ssh, sent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: billy5
3 Replies
DH_CLEAN(1)							     Debhelper							       DH_CLEAN(1)

NAME
dh_clean - clean up package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_clean [debhelperoptions] [-k] [-d] [-Xitem] [path...] DESCRIPTION
dh_clean is a debhelper program that is responsible for cleaning up after a package is built. It removes the package build directories, and removes some other files including debian/files, and any detritus left behind by other debhelper commands. It also removes common files that should not appear in a Debian diff: #*# *~ DEADJOE *.orig *.rej *.SUMS TAGS .deps/* *.P *-stamp It does not run "make clean" to clean up after the build process. Use dh_auto_clean(1) to do things like that. dh_clean should be the last debhelper command run in the clean target in debian/rules. FILES
debian/clean Can list other paths to be removed. Note that directories listed in this file must end with a trailing slash. Any content in these directories will be removed as well. OPTIONS
-k, --keep This is deprecated, use dh_prep(1) instead. The option is removed in compat 12. -d, --dirs-only Only clean the package build directories, do not clean up any other files at all. -Xitem --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being deleted, even if they would normally be deleted. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. path ... Delete these paths too. Note that directories passed as arguments must end with a trailing slash. Any content in these directories will be removed as well. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_CLEAN(1)