Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: cp doesnt work - Help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers cp doesnt work - Help Post 302101733 by rudi.okelly on Thursday 4th of January 2007 03:53:48 AM
Old 01-04-2007
Code:
/bmunix/data/branch00/spool>ls -l sol\*
sol*: No such file or directory
/bmunix/data/branch00/spool>df -e
Filesystem              ifree
/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s0      737732
/proc                     936
fd                          0
mnttab                      0
swap                    54499
swap                    54499
/dev/dsk/c0t2d0s7     1038093
/dev/dsk/c0t0d0s7      427388

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

why doesnt my script work!!!

Is there a utility or command I can use to tell the number of decimal places a number has. For instance, if the number is 432, it will give hundred as the number of decimal places. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heedunk
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cd.. doesnt work

hi when i want to go to previous directory by typing cd.. i get the following message $ cd.. ksh: cd..: not found Please help rintingtong (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rintingtong
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

ls command doesnt work

Good Day I mistakely renamed the dld.sl file in the /usr/lib directory. When i try to ls/ftp into the box i get this error :eek: crt0: ERROR couldn't open /usr/lib/dld.sl errno:000000002 I have tried to rename it back from the renamed file to the original file name, but it gives me the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shawnbishop
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

ldapsearch doesnt work.

Hii All, I am using openldap v2.3 on redhat El-4. When i run ldapsearch it returns all the entries. The command runs successfully. But when I run the ldapsearch with following filter option it doesnt work and immediately returns to the shell. ldapsearch uidNumber>=2000 I've started slapd... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shamik
0 Replies

5. AIX

Crontab file doesnt seem to work

Hi all. Could anyone explain me why this simple cron job doesnt work: % whoami system % crontab -l * * * * * /usr/bin/touch /home/system/foo (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsddaemon
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

loop doesnt work

It just does the break...even though the files are not the same... # Compare extracts #========================================== count=0 while (( count < 5 )) do (( count+=1 )) echo "Try $count" file1=$(ls -l /tmp/psjava.xml|... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sigh2010
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

compiler doesnt work

this is my file I have written. // My first C++ program #include <iostream> int main() { std::cout << "Hi there!" << std::endl"; std::cout << "This is my first C++ program" << std::endl"; return(0); } This is the error I get, why? $ g++ first.cpp ksh: g++: not found (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gustave
1 Replies

8. AIX

Vi doesnt work

Hi Guys, I have a strange problem.( AIX 6.1) "vi" is not working at all..Whenever i #vi <anythin> ,, it returns the prompt back. Any clues folks?? (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: muzahed
14 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

why doesnt it work?

I am trying to print out two fields in a file using awk. So, I have got awk -F '\t' 'NF = 2 {print $1 $2 "]"}' two.txt in a script called what.awk When i run this version like this - ./what.awk then it runs however I want to run the program like this awk -f what.awk two.txt. When I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: The undertaker
8 Replies

10. Red Hat

Beginner : sftp doesnt work

Hello, I really appreciate any help on this. Have to connect to external server via sftp. Our server is Linux machine Linux our.server.com 3.10.0-514.26.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Jul 4 15:04:05 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I generated the keys, put them in /root/.ssh, sent... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: billy5
3 Replies
lufslist(1M)															      lufslist(1M)

NAME
lufslist - list configuration of a boot environment SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/lufslist [-l error_log] [-o outfile] BE_name [-X] DESCRIPTION
The lufslist command is part of a suite of commands that make up the Live Upgrade feature of the Solaris operating environment. See live_upgrade(5) for a description of the Live Upgrade feature. The lufslist command lists the configuration of a boot environment (BE). The output contains the disk slice (file system), file system type, and file system size for each BE mount point. The following is an example of lufslist output. # lufslist BE_name Filesystem fstype size(Mb) Mounted on ------------------------------------------------------------------ /dev/dsk/c0t0d0s1 swap 512.11 - /dev/dsk/c0t4d0s3 ufs 3738.29 / /dev/dsk/c0t4d0s4 ufs 510.24 /opt File system type can be ufs, swap, or vxfs, for a Veritas file system. Under the Filesystem heading can be a disk slice or a logical device, such as a disk metadevice used by volume management software. The lufslist command requires root privileges. OPTIONS
The lufslist command has the following options: -l error_log Error and status messages are sent to error_log, in addition to where they are sent in your current environment. -o outfile All command output is sent to outfile, in addition to where it is sent in your current environment. -X Enable XML output. Characteristics of XML are defined in DTD, in /usr/share/lib/xml/dtd/lu_cli.dtd.<num>, where <num> is the version number of the DTD file. OPERANDS
BE_name Name of the BE for which file systems are to be reported. You cannot specify a BE that is involved in another Live Upgrade operation. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/lutab list of BEs on the system /usr/share/lib/xml/dtd/lu_cli.dtd.<num> Live Upgrade DTD (see -X option) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWluu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
lu(1M), luactivate(1M), lucancel(1M), lucompare(1M), lucreate(1M), lucurr(1M), ludelete(1M), ludesc(1M), lumake(1M), lumount(1M), lure- name(1M), lustatus(1M), luupgrade(1M), lutab(4), attributes(5), live_upgrade(5) SunOS 5.10 24 Jan 2002 lufslist(1M)