Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: pls guide this..
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers pls guide this.. Post 302101721 by maheshwin on Thursday 4th of January 2007 03:36:03 AM
Old 01-04-2007
in real time situations like getting some env variables, or in application development using the oracle which works on linux,coming to part of servers
there are a lot of scenarios like automating task like searching/memory checks
process counts/usercount etc.. like mainly in oracle env used to check database size,users,including the current users online likewise

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

New to SCO -Guide me

Hello can any1 tell me the latest version of SCO. ALso can u give me some of the basic differences between Mandrake Linux and SCO Unix. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulrathod
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Guide to Samba

Anyone have guide to install samba on solaris 9 I tried couple of times. --How do I go about uninstalling it? bash-2.05# testparm -s > output.file Load smb config files from /usr/local/samba/lib/smb.conf Processing section "" Processing section "" Loaded services file OK. bash-2.05#... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: brabored
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pls guide me in learning in Perl Module and packages

Hi, It is very urgent. Pls guide me in learning Perl Module and the Packages. Eventhough i tried in the google, I didnt get upto my expectations. Pls guide me how to create , build Module and the package. Many Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yamini Thoppen
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

installion guide

Hi everyone. I need to install HP-UX 11i and I want user installation guide which shows me how to install HP-UX 11i step by step.:) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmedbashir
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

GD installation guide asking....

Hi, Does anybody success install GD and apply it in linux? I got trying to install it recently. Unfortunately, it seems like got a lot of error message shown :( Thus anybody got success install and use the GD in linux? Can share it with me? I'm using ia64 linux system. Thanks a lot for all... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Best guide for Jumpstart

Hi Gurus, Can you please suggest me any good guides for a Beginner to learn Solaris Jumpstart. Thank You, Rama Krishna. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rama krishna
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Guide me please

Hi All, I am kinda struck at one point :wall: need ur help to move further. Query: My inputs files are Expected output: I am sure there should be similar tread relating my query ..but as i couldnt find the details i am posting again. Please direct me to the tread or reply... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unibeginner
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

if else statement... need guide

read readTerminal terminal_c=$readTerminal if ; then { #Execute the first SQL query } else echo next script fi anything wrong here? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ment0smintz
2 Replies
SETJMP(3)						     Library Functions Manual							 SETJMP(3)

NAME
setjmp, longjmp - non-local goto SYNOPSIS
#include <setjmp.h> setjmp(env) jmp_buf env; longjmp(env, val) jmp_buf env; _setjmp(env) jmp_buf env; _longjmp(env, val) jmp_buf env; DESCRIPTION
These routines are useful for dealing with errors and interrupts encountered in a low-level subroutine of a program. Setjmp saves its stack environment in env for later use by longjmp. It returns value 0. Longjmp restores the environment saved by the last call of setjmp. It then returns in such a way that execution continues as if the call of setjmp had just returned the value val to the function that invoked setjmp, which must not itself have returned in the interim. All accessible data have values as of the time longjmp was called. Setjmp and longjmp save and restore the signal mask sigmask(2), while _setjmp and _longjmp manipulate only the C stack and registers. ERRORS
If the contents of the jmp_buf are corrupted, or correspond to an environment that has already returned, longjmp calls the routine longjm- perror. If longjmperror returns the program is aborted. The default version of longjmperror prints the message ``longjmp botch'' to stan- dard error and returns. User programs wishing to exit more gracefully can write their own versions of longjmperror. SEE ALSO
sigvec(2), sigstack(2), signal(3) NOTES (PDP-11) On the PDP-11, longjmperror is called as _ljerr. This difference stems from the limited name size of the PDP-11 that requires all external names to be unique within the first seven characters. However, <setjmp.h> automatically translates longjmperror to ljerror and should be included before any definition longjmperror. The PDP-11 implementation also contains a subtle bug that occurs when a routine containing a setjmp has register variables. The bug some- times causes those variables to be given invalid values when a longjmp is made back to the routine. Register variables should therefore be avoided in routines containing setjmps. And finally, _longjmp may sometimes die fatally. Sorry. 4th Berkeley Distribution January 9, 1986 SETJMP(3)