Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Free Shell Accounts
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Free Shell Accounts Post 302101560 by suntac on Wednesday 3rd of January 2007 04:11:29 AM
Old 01-03-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by nov_user
Hello gurus,

I am a novice to Unix and would like to practice learning commands. Is there a way to download a program onto my PC at home and practice.

Signed,

eager to learn
Smilie
You can also use a free shell account somewhere on a server. Please refer to this website to find a host you like to use.

Regards,
Johan Louwers. http://www.terminalcult.org

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I get a Free Shell Account?

I am new to UNIX and am interested to practice on a Shell account with some basic Unix installed, does anyone know of a free or cheap shell account? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shneurg
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can somebody advise any free Linux sever for shell programming?

Hi, everybody. I just wonder whether there are a couple of free Linux servers running as terminals where people can practice Unix Shell Programming? I'd like to set up one myself but unfortunatly can't do it. I can't switch to Linux now coz I run a couple of servers on my machine. Cygwin is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: belgampaul
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free shell account from work office

How do I get a freeshell account from my office @ work? I've tried sdf.lonestar.org with no luck. Tha Geek (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: geek757
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a Shell script to create Multiple User Accounts

Hi All, Am New to shell scripting , Can u please Help me to Create a shell script which Creates Multiple Users (say up to 250 users) ,am using Rehat server 5 enterprise Edition .. I am really in need of this script So tat i can save time and effort for this Job .. KIndly help me Please ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rksubash
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

d. Write a shell script to count the number of accounts which belong to particular primary

guys, I am new shelll scripting.. this a question on passt exam paper, I was trying to solve it , I can not. the question is as follow? a. Write a shell script to count the number of accounts which belong to particular primary group in a standard UNIX system which uses local... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gurmad
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can't login to a free shell environment

I would like to practice shell scripting and need an environment - free shell account. I tried Arbornet and the freeshell.org. But both always give me error: "File operations disabled, server identity can't be verified". Any idea what I should do? thanks in advance. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: laiko
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free shell account for UNIX.

Hi I want to practice UNIX on my computer. I need a free shell account.. tcsh - in specific .. anyone who can help? thanks in advance I googled it on the web- but was unable to download.. after clicking on each link.. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathi123
8 Replies
ubuntu-upload-permission(1)				      General Commands Manual				       ubuntu-upload-permission(1)

NAME
ubuntu-upload-permission - Query upload rights and (optionally) list the people and teams with upload rights for a package SYNOPSIS
ubuntu-upload-permission [options] package DESCRIPTION
ubuntu-upload-permission checks if the user has upload permissions for package. If the --list-uploaders option is provided, all the people and teams that do have upload rights for package will be listed. OPTIONS
-r RELEASE, --release=RELEASE Query permissions in RELEASE. Default: current development release. -a, --list-uploaders List all the people and teams who have upload rights for package. -t, --list-team-members List all the members of every team with rights. (Implies --list-uploaders) -h, --help Display a help message and exit EXIT STATUS
0 You have the necessary upload rights. 1 You don't have the necessary upload rights. 2 There was an error. AUTHORS
ubuntu-upload-permission and this manpage were written by Stefano Rivera <stefanor@ubuntu.com>. Both are released under the terms of the ISC License. ubuntu-dev-tools November 2011 ubuntu-upload-permission(1)