Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Problem in running an AWK script Post 302101480 by rachana8p on Tuesday 2nd of January 2007 02:25:05 AM
Old 01-02-2007
Problem in running an AWK script.

thanks for replying. I addred the directory where the script is located in the PATH variable. It works abosulutely fine.

But i have one more doubt...
Out of the 3 inputs which we give while executing this script, one input is a Data file. Our requirement is, we should be able to give this as input file no matter where the file is located.

Is it possible to address this requirement as well?

please help ...

Thanks in advance
Rachana

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Problem running script remotelly.

Hi, i would like a help with this problem. i have the following situation: 4 workstations SUNs: SunOS porsche 5.8 Generic_117350-18 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100 SunOS jaguar 5.8 Generic_108528-18 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-100 SunOS mercedes 5.8 Generic_117350-18 sun4u sparc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dougpss
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Running Script

Hi friends, i have written one small script named as "size.sh"..... while running its giving syntax error at line no 2: 'str=$' unexpected. How to run this file ??? please help me. file content is : ----------------------------- #!/bin/sh str=$( df -k | grep /usr/local)... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: samfrance
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem Running Touch From Script

Hi I'm trying to touch a number of files. I thought that it would be time-saving to put all the touch commands into a script and execute the script from the command line. This is what I did (as a test) -- I created a small list of commands and put the commands into a text file I set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Viola
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem running script

hey, i'm trying to run several processes due 2 loops : the code is: cd ${TIBCO_HOME}/tra/domain/${DOMAIN}/application/ for app_name in ls * do echo $app_name if && && ; then exit else echo $app_name cd $app_name pwd for ps_name in ls *.sh do echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ohadr
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with running the remote script

Hi All, I am running a script which is present on remote machine using ssh command. the remote script is failing when try to load a property file. It says file does not exist. Any idea what should be the problem for this. Thanks Supriya. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: supriyabv
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem running a program/script in the background from a script

Hi all, I have a script that calls another program/script, xxx, to run in the background. Supposedly this program at most should finish within five (5) minutes so after five (5) minutes, I run some other steps to run the script into completion. My problem is sometimes the program takes... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with running awk script in pbs file

Hi guys I have a problem with one module of my script. It's awk script running in pbs file - It's working when I make a call from pbs to separate awk only file like this but when I try to execute this code in pbs file it fails awk 'BEGIN { max = -1000; min = 1000 } { {$4 == "TCO"} ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: grincz
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem on running a script

Hi all, Running follow command on terminal; $ glance -T cloudlive -I ubuntu -K ubuntu123 -N \ http://127.0.0.1:5000/v2.0/OpenX add name="cirros" is_public=true \ container_format=ovf disk_format=raw < \ /srv/cirros-0.3.0-x86_64-disk.img It works without problem. Putting it on a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem running awk script in Debian 6.0.2

Hello to all, May be some expert could help me. I have the below awk script that works correctly in Cygwin: awk -F\" 'FNR==NR && FNR>1 {gsub(",","",$5); N=$5;next} $10 in N && FNR>1 { Y=$8 Z=(N==$8)?"Yes:"No"; } END{ for(k in N) {print k,Y,N,Z?Z:"Not_Found"} }' file2 file1But when I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem running db2 commands in awk

Hi , I am trying to use the below in awk but failed, any one assist please, awk '{ print $0; if ( $0 ~ /LOADTMP1/ ) { print $4; Table_name=system($( db2 -x "SELECT TRIM(TD.BSCHEMA) || '.' || TRIM(TD.BNAME) AS TABLE_NAME FROM SYSCAT.TABDEP TD WHERE TD.BTYPE='T' AND... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nandy
2 Replies
renpy(6)							       Games								  renpy(6)

NAME
renpy - engine for creating visual novels SYNOPSIS
renpy [path to the script directory] DESCRIPTION
Ren'Py is a programming language and runtime, intended to ease the creation of visual-novel type games. It contains features that make it easy to display thoughts, dialogue, and menus; to display images to the user; to write game logic; and to support the saving and loading of games. Ren'Py tries to be like an executable script, allowing you to get a working game without much more effort than is required to type the game script into the computer. Ren'Py is implemented on top of python, and that python heritage shows through in many places. Many Ren'Py statements allow python expres- sions to be used, and there are also Ren'Py statements that allow for the execution of arbitrary python code. Many of the less-used fea- tures of Ren'Py are exposed to the user by way of python. By only requiring use of the simplest features of python, it's hoped that Ren'Py will be usable by all game authors. USAGE
If you run the program without any arguments, zou will get an interactive launcher from where you can select, run and work different projects. For running a script, you need to give the full path to the directory that contains the game you want to play. For example: renpy /usr/share/games/renpy/demo/ To learn how to use the game interface, you should install and play renpy-demo. FILES
The game data for each user is stored at ~/.renpy/ directory. The scripts can be installed in the system bz placing them under /usr/share/games/renpy/ , but you can run any script in an arbitrarz directory just by telling the path as the parameter to the game. SEE ALSO
You can find more information at http://www.renpy.org/ May 2007 renpy(6)