Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacing more than 1 pattern in a line Post 302101113 by Manan on Thursday 28th of December 2006 12:58:05 AM
Old 12-28-2006
Hi, thanks...rgds.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

while replacing the pattern last line is last

I am using sed command to replace the pattern, i am replacing value of variable x with value of nw for a file temp2. /usr/bin/sed 's|'$x'|'$nw'|' temp2 > $file After running it my last line is getting lost. What can be reason of this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dixitked
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a pattern in a line

Hi, I need to replace an input IP address to an existing IP addresses. Source input line is as follows: -------------------- RequestURI := "sip: 123.1.1.1"; input IP = 124.10.3.4 My output should be Request URI := "sip: 124.10.3.4"; I have written the code as follows: $line =~... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gyana_cboy
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find pattern delete line with pattern and line above and line below

I have a file that will sometimes contain a pattern. The pattern is this: W/D FRM CHK 00 I want to find any lines with this pattern, delete those lines, and also delete the line above and the line below. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nickg
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find pattern, delete line with pattern and line above and line below

I have a file that will sometimes contain a pattern. The pattern is this: FRM CHK 0000 I want to find any lines with this pattern, delete those lines, and also delete the line above and the line below. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickg
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing a pattern in different cases in different columns with a single pattern

Hi All I am having pipe seperated inputs like Adam|PeteR|Josh|PEter Nick|Rave|Simon|Paul Steve|smith|PETER|Josh Andrew|Daniel|StAlin|peter Rick|PETer|ADam|RAVE i want to repleace all the occurrence of peter (in any case pattern PeteR,PEter,PETER,peter,PETer) with Peter so that output... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudeep.id
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep the word from pattern line and update in subsequent lines till next pattern line reached

Hi, I have got the below requirement. please suggest. I have a file like, Processing Item is: /data/ing/cfg2/abc.txt /data/ing/cfg3/bgc.txt Processing Item is: /data/cmd/for2/ght.txt /data/kernal/config.klgt.txt I want to process the above file to get the output file like, ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbalaj16
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding the pattern and replacing the pattern inside the file

i have little challenge, help me out.i have a file where i have a value declared and and i have to replace the value when called. for example i have the value for abc and ccc. now i have to substitute the value of value abc and ccc in the place of them. Input File: go to &abc=ddd; if... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: saaisiva
16 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing lines matching a multi-line pattern (sed/perl/awk)

Dear Unix Forums, I am hoping you can help me with a pattern matching problem. What am I trying to do? I want to replace multiple lines of a text file (that match a multi-line pattern) with a single line of text. These patterns can span several lines and do not always have the same number of... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: thefang
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to combine lines from line with pattern match to a line that ends in a pattern

I am trying to combine lines with these conditions: 1. First line starts with text of "libname VALUE db2 datasrc" where VALUE can be any text. 2. If condition1 is met then continue to combine lines through a line that ends with a semicolon. 3. Ignore case when matching patterns and remove any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wes Kem
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get an output of lines in pattern 1st line then 10th line then 11th line then 20th line and so on.

Input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagar Singh
6 Replies
GIT-CHECK-IGNORE(1)						    Git Manual						       GIT-CHECK-IGNORE(1)

NAME
git-check-ignore - Debug gitignore / exclude files SYNOPSIS
git check-ignore [options] pathname... git check-ignore [options] --stdin DESCRIPTION
For each pathname given via the command-line or from a file via --stdin, check whether the file is excluded by .gitignore (or other input files to the exclude mechanism) and output the path if it is excluded. By default, tracked files are not shown at all since they are not subject to exclude rules; but see '--no-index'. OPTIONS
-q, --quiet Don't output anything, just set exit status. This is only valid with a single pathname. -v, --verbose Also output details about the matching pattern (if any) for each given pathname. For precedence rules within and between exclude sources, see gitignore(5). --stdin Read pathnames from the standard input, one per line, instead of from the command-line. -z The output format is modified to be machine-parseable (see below). If --stdin is also given, input paths are separated with a NUL character instead of a linefeed character. -n, --non-matching Show given paths which don't match any pattern. This only makes sense when --verbose is enabled, otherwise it would not be possible to distinguish between paths which match a pattern and those which don't. --no-index Don't look in the index when undertaking the checks. This can be used to debug why a path became tracked by e.g. git add . and was not ignored by the rules as expected by the user or when developing patterns including negation to match a path previously added with git add -f. OUTPUT
By default, any of the given pathnames which match an ignore pattern will be output, one per line. If no pattern matches a given path, nothing will be output for that path; this means that path will not be ignored. If --verbose is specified, the output is a series of lines of the form: <source> <COLON> <linenum> <COLON> <pattern> <HT> <pathname> <pathname> is the path of a file being queried, <pattern> is the matching pattern, <source> is the pattern's source file, and <linenum> is the line number of the pattern within that source. If the pattern contained a ! prefix or / suffix, it will be preserved in the output. <source> will be an absolute path when referring to the file configured by core.excludesFile, or relative to the repository root when referring to .git/info/exclude or a per-directory exclude file. If -z is specified, the pathnames in the output are delimited by the null character; if --verbose is also specified then null characters are also used instead of colons and hard tabs: <source> <NULL> <linenum> <NULL> <pattern> <NULL> <pathname> <NULL> If -n or --non-matching are specified, non-matching pathnames will also be output, in which case all fields in each output record except for <pathname> will be empty. This can be useful when running non-interactively, so that files can be incrementally streamed to STDIN of a long-running check-ignore process, and for each of these files, STDOUT will indicate whether that file matched a pattern or not. (Without this option, it would be impossible to tell whether the absence of output for a given file meant that it didn't match any pattern, or that the output hadn't been generated yet.) Buffering happens as documented under the GIT_FLUSH option in git(1). The caller is responsible for avoiding deadlocks caused by overfilling an input buffer or reading from an empty output buffer. EXIT STATUS
0 One or more of the provided paths is ignored. 1 None of the provided paths are ignored. 128 A fatal error was encountered. SEE ALSO
gitignore(5) git-config(1) git-ls-files(1) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 2.17.1 10/05/2018 GIT-CHECK-IGNORE(1)