Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users problem while getting the response back..plz help Post 302101067 by splax on Wednesday 27th of December 2006 10:40:52 AM
Old 12-27-2006
problem while getting the response back..plz help

Hi ALL:
I am not able to get the response back from weblogic in the shell script.
The weblogic server in different account. I am able to login to that account and bring the server up but while doing a ping, the script is failing. While the same script is running fine if I run it on the account manually.
Code:
#!/usr/bin/ksh

sudo su - serverxxx<<EOF
cd /xxxx/bea/user_projects/domains/myDomain

. startWeblogic.sh

RESULT=`/xxx/bea/jdk142_08/bin/java -classpath /xxx/bea/weblogic81/server/lib/weblogic.jar weblogic.Admi
n -url xxxx:7004 -username xxxx -password xxxx PING`

echo 'RESULT=$RESULT'
exit
EOF

But If login to the account manually(instead of shell script) and run the following script, RESULT has the information.
Code:

#!/usr/bin/ksh

cd /xxxx/bea/user_projects/domains/myDomain

. startWeblogic.sh

RESULT=`/xxx/bea/jdk142_08/bin/java -classpath /xxx/bea/weblogic81/server/lib/weblogic.jar weblogic.Admi
n -url xxxx:7004 -username xxxx -password xxxx PING`

echo 'RESULT=$RESULT'

I am getting the following error:
ksh[2]: 1: not found
ksh[4]: RTT: not found
RESULT=

Please help me. Am i missing something here.??

Note: I can check whether weblogic is up or not by its PID. But I need to do some more administration through shell script. So if the ping works then I can do more administration.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz Help How should I configure cc compiler output file plz help???

i.e configuration of C compiler :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Multiboot problem Help plz??

I have installed Win98 OS .......1st then RH7.2 with GRUB bootloader okay i.e in the Grub there is two choices 1-Linux 2-Dos also I install bootloader of linux in MBR -master boot record- when select Linux an error : ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
6 Replies

3. Linux

Mandrake 8.00 installation/Booting problem...Plz Help

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum. I have a problem with Mandrake 8.00; i have installed it on my old PC with no problems (none mentioned) but on re-booting after the installation it just hangs after listing the devices: Hard Disk, CD-ROM & Floppy A. I have installed it on Packard Bell with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sybella1
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script problem ..Plz help ASAP

Hi folks, I have written down a UNIX script which actually FTP the file to other server. What is happening now , this script is not working only for 1 server , as it is working for 32 different FTP server . In this particular server , we are getting message “FTp:550 access denied”... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: khan1978
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

have a problem with if elif loop .. plz help me with the script

count2=0 var2=NOT if then echo"Loop1" command="egrep ',$var1," if then echo "the command is OR" command=$command"|,$var3," echo "$command" elif then command=$command"| egrep ',$var3," else ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Syms
4 Replies

6. IP Networking

Apache mod_proxy +DNS slow response problem

My company has a private network, including a Apache web server (Linux) and some WinXP machines. The web server had been configured to use mod_proxy to connect to window update site via another company proxy server. It works for few years. Recently, some parties had setup a DNS server on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: donaldfung
2 Replies

7. Linux

Output formatting problem..Plz hlp

Hi guys, It will be a great help if somebody can help me in following problem. I have tried hard but because of lack of UNIX/LINUX knowledge I am not able to do it. I have written a script that returns 3 things of all the employees in my organisation. i.e. Name, Login time & log out time of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interpretion problem. Plz Help me guys.

Hey friends, below mentioned script is giving me proper o/p which can be “1” or “2” echo select status_ac from db_acct where acct_num='$1'" | dbaccess elstest Now I want to interpret the o/p as follows. If o/p is 1 then “YES” If o/p is 2 then “No” And to do this I have modified above... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

plz, i wait your help, AWK problem

I have tracefile of three nodes (0 , 1 and 2 ) as follows: + 0.02 0 1 tcp 40 ------- 1 0.0 2.0 0 0 - 0.02 0 1 tcp 40 ------- 1 0.0 2.0 0 0 + 0.02 2 1 tcp 40 ------- 2 2.1 0.1 0 1 - 0.02 2 1 tcp 40 ------- 2 2.1 0.1 0 1 r 0.025032 0 1 tcp 40 ------- 1 0.0 2.0 0 0 + 0.025032 1 2 tcp 40 -------... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASAADAOUI
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem reading terminal response string from Zsh

Note: This posting is related to my posting at bash - Reading answer to control string sent to xterm - Stack Overflow , but I could get there a solution only for bash. I can use that solution, but for curiosity, I wonder, whether I could do this in Zsh as well. The problem is to send a (Posix-)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rovf
6 Replies
CHSH(1) 							   User Commands							   CHSH(1)

NAME
chsh - change login shell SYNOPSIS
chsh [options] [LOGIN] DESCRIPTION
The chsh command changes the user login shell. This determines the name of the user's initial login command. A normal user may only change the login shell for her own account; the superuser may change the login shell for any account. OPTIONS
The options which apply to the chsh command are: -h, --help Display help message and exit. -s, --shell SHELL The name of the user's new login shell. Setting this field to blank causes the system to select the default login shell. If the -s option is not selected, chsh operates in an interactive fashion, prompting the user with the current login shell. Enter the new value to change the shell, or leave the line blank to use the current one. The current shell is displayed between a pair of [ ] marks. NOTE
The only restriction placed on the login shell is that the command name must be listed in /etc/shells, unless the invoker is the superuser, and then any value may be added. An account with a restricted login shell may not change her login shell. For this reason, placing /bin/rsh in /etc/shells is discouraged since accidentally changing to a restricted shell would prevent the user from ever changing her login shell back to its original value. FILES
/etc/passwd User account information. /etc/shells List of valid login shells. /etc/login.defs Shadow password suite configuration. SEE ALSO
chfn(1), login.defs(5), passwd(5). User Commands 06/24/2011 CHSH(1)