Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Inserting records from flat file to db table Post 302101016 by cskumar on Wednesday 27th of December 2006 01:52:44 AM
Old 12-27-2006
use sqlldr

what database you are using?

use sqlldr.

Eg:

LOAD DATA INFILE * APPEND INTO TABLE <<Tablename>> FIELDS TERMINATED BY "," TRAILING NULLCOLS
(<<fieldname>> INTEGER EXTERNAL)

make it as file.ctl

and then use sqlldr like this

${ORACLE_HOME}/bin/sqlldr userid=${USERPASS} control=<<path>>/file.ctl log=<<path>>/<<filename>>.log data=<<path>>/<<20000filename>> errors=1000 &

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting Values From A File Into A Table

Guys, I want to insert some values from a log file into a temporary table. the values in the log file looks like this SV_NAME CC_NAME CP_DISP_RUN_STATE ------- ------------------- ----------------- sble01 ALLTEL WorkMon24Hrs Running I want to enter the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delimit a flat file with records with SED

Hi gurus, hoping someone can help with a sed line that can do the following... I have a flat file with about 1000 records, but in order to import into openoffice spreadsheet, I need to create a delimited file. I'd like to do 2 things with the SED command: 1- add a pipe character "|" at the end... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RogCor
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting the records in the Flat file

Hi all, I am using this command "sort -d -u -k1 IMSTEST.74E -o tmp.txt" to the records in the flat. Can any tell me how to sort the file except first line in the file For ex: i/p First line: DXYZ Second line : jumy third : cmhk fourth : andy Output should... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir_barker
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

inserting data into a table from a flat file

Hi, I want to insert data into a table from a flat file, the file is having around 25 columns and some 10,000 records. The columns values are seperated by a space. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I load records from table to a flat file!

Hi All, I need to load records from oracle table XYZ to a flat file say ABC.dat. could any one tell me how do i do this in UNXI, Regards Ann (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Haque123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Load data to flat file from table.

Hi all, I need to know how to copy data from a table say ABC to a flat file say XYZ.dat in unix, Please leave ur comments and the fastest way to do so, I need to load the table records into flat file. Regards Ann (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Haque123
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove somewhat Duplicate records from a flat file

I have a flat file that contains records similar to the following two lines; 1984/11/08 7 700000 123456789 2 1984/11/08 1941/05/19 7 700000 123456789 2 The 123456789 2 represents an account number, this is how I identify the duplicate record. The ### signs represent... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolney
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting a sequential number into a field on a flat file

I have a csv flatfile with a few million rows. I need to replace a field (field number is 85) in the file with a sequential number. As an example, let's assume there are only 4 fields in the file: A,A,,32 A,A,,27 A,B,,43 C,C,,354 If I wanted to amend the 3rd field in this way my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BristolSmithy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT HELP!!! Extracting db table into flat file

Hi All, I am writing a shell script to extract oracle table into a pipe dilemited flat file. Below is my code and I have attached two files that I have abled to generate so far. 1. Table.txt ==> database extract file 2. flat.txt ==> pipe delimited after some manipulation of the original db... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: express14
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error inserting a clob file into DB table

Hi all, I am reading control file log from my server and putting it to a variable for j in $(cat $dirname/ctl_file.log) do if then Y=${#fileclob_ctl_file} if then fileclob_ctl_file=$j else fileclob_ctl_file="${fileclob_ctl_file},${j}" fi fi ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
5 Replies
rpld-*(1)					       System User's Manual: rpld-deprecated						 rpld-*(1)

NAME
rpld-deprecated - Deprecated RoarAudio PlayList Daemon control programs SYNOPSIS
rpld-play rpld-stop rpld-next [--ifcurple PLE] rpld-prev rpld-addplaylist PLI rpld-delplaylist PLI rpld-store DESCRIPTION
The RoarAudio PlayList Daemon is a daemon which manages playlists and can play files or streams from those lists using a RoarAudio Sound Server. This is a set of deprecated tools to do simple control of the server. All those tools has be replaced by rpld-ctl(1). The following tools are deprecated: rpld-play Start playback if not yet started. Replaced by: rpld-ctl play rpld-stop Stop playback. Replaced by: rpld-ctl stop rpld-next [--ifcurple PLE] Skip current song. if --ifcurple and a PLE is given the song is only skiped if the currently played song matches the given PLE. This tool has only been deprecated in case --ifcurple is not used. Replaced by: rpld-ctl next rpld-prev Go back to previous song. Replaced by: rpld-ctl prev rpld-addplaylist PLI Add playlist with name PLI. Replaced by: rpld-ctl addplaylist PLI rpld-delplaylist PLI Delete playlist PLI. Replaced by: rpld-ctl delplaylist PLI rpld-store Store current state to disk. This tool should not be needed to be called by a user at all for normal use cases. Replaced by: rpld-ctl store SEE ALSO
rpld-tools(1), rpld(7), RoarAudio(7). HISTORY
For history information see RoarAudio(7). rpld-deprecated May 2012 rpld-*(1)