Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Inserting records from flat file to db table Post 302101015 by andryk on Wednesday 27th of December 2006 01:51:05 AM
Old 12-27-2006
Quote:
Please don't suggest to loop 20000 times and connect to db each time using sql plus.. using "while read line do .. done"
Whats wrong with the while read line ?!? Smilie Smilie
Anyway, since you mention sqlplus im guessing you work with oracle database which is good since it has feature designed for that kind of task 'sqlldr'
Code:
sqlldr yourdbacctname control=input.ctl log=haritest.log

the content of input.ctl
Code:
load data 
infile thefilewithno 
into table testhari (no)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting Values From A File Into A Table

Guys, I want to insert some values from a log file into a temporary table. the values in the log file looks like this SV_NAME CC_NAME CP_DISP_RUN_STATE ------- ------------------- ----------------- sble01 ALLTEL WorkMon24Hrs Running I want to enter the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delimit a flat file with records with SED

Hi gurus, hoping someone can help with a sed line that can do the following... I have a flat file with about 1000 records, but in order to import into openoffice spreadsheet, I need to create a delimited file. I'd like to do 2 things with the SED command: 1- add a pipe character "|" at the end... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RogCor
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting the records in the Flat file

Hi all, I am using this command "sort -d -u -k1 IMSTEST.74E -o tmp.txt" to the records in the flat. Can any tell me how to sort the file except first line in the file For ex: i/p First line: DXYZ Second line : jumy third : cmhk fourth : andy Output should... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir_barker
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

inserting data into a table from a flat file

Hi, I want to insert data into a table from a flat file, the file is having around 25 columns and some 10,000 records. The columns values are seperated by a space. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I load records from table to a flat file!

Hi All, I need to load records from oracle table XYZ to a flat file say ABC.dat. could any one tell me how do i do this in UNXI, Regards Ann (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Haque123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Load data to flat file from table.

Hi all, I need to know how to copy data from a table say ABC to a flat file say XYZ.dat in unix, Please leave ur comments and the fastest way to do so, I need to load the table records into flat file. Regards Ann (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Haque123
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove somewhat Duplicate records from a flat file

I have a flat file that contains records similar to the following two lines; 1984/11/08 7 700000 123456789 2 1984/11/08 1941/05/19 7 700000 123456789 2 The 123456789 2 represents an account number, this is how I identify the duplicate record. The ### signs represent... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolney
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inserting a sequential number into a field on a flat file

I have a csv flatfile with a few million rows. I need to replace a field (field number is 85) in the file with a sequential number. As an example, let's assume there are only 4 fields in the file: A,A,,32 A,A,,27 A,B,,43 C,C,,354 If I wanted to amend the 3rd field in this way my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BristolSmithy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT HELP!!! Extracting db table into flat file

Hi All, I am writing a shell script to extract oracle table into a pipe dilemited flat file. Below is my code and I have attached two files that I have abled to generate so far. 1. Table.txt ==> database extract file 2. flat.txt ==> pipe delimited after some manipulation of the original db... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: express14
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error inserting a clob file into DB table

Hi all, I am reading control file log from my server and putting it to a variable for j in $(cat $dirname/ctl_file.log) do if then Y=${#fileclob_ctl_file} if then fileclob_ctl_file=$j else fileclob_ctl_file="${fileclob_ctl_file},${j}" fi fi ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratiksha Mehra
5 Replies
CREATE FOREIGN 
TABLE(7) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 Documentation CREATE FOREIGN TABLE(7) NAME
CREATE_FOREIGN_TABLE - define a new foreign table SYNOPSIS
CREATE FOREIGN TABLE [ IF NOT EXISTS ] table_name ( [ { column_name data_type [ OPTIONS ( option 'value' [, ... ] ) ] [ NULL | NOT NULL ] } [, ... ] ] ) SERVER server_name [ OPTIONS ( option 'value' [, ... ] ) ] DESCRIPTION
CREATE FOREIGN TABLE will create a new foreign table in the current database. The table will be owned by the user issuing the command. If a schema name is given (for example, CREATE FOREIGN TABLE myschema.mytable ...) then the table is created in the specified schema. Otherwise it is created in the current schema. The name of the foreign table must be distinct from the name of any other foreign table, table, sequence, index, or view in the same schema. CREATE FOREIGN TABLE also automatically creates a data type that represents the composite type corresponding to one row of the foreign table. Therefore, foreign tables cannot have the same name as any existing data type in the same schema. To be able to create a table, you must have USAGE privilege on all column types. PARAMETERS
IF NOT EXISTS Do not throw an error if a relation with the same name already exists. A notice is issued in this case. Note that there is no guarantee that the existing relation is anything like the one that would have been created. table_name The name (optionally schema-qualified) of the table to be created. column_name The name of a column to be created in the new table. data_type The data type of the column. This can include array specifiers. For more information on the data types supported by PostgreSQL, refer to Chapter 8, Data Types, in the documentation. NOT NULL The column is not allowed to contain null values. NULL The column is allowed to contain null values. This is the default. This clause is only provided for compatibility with non-standard SQL databases. Its use is discouraged in new applications. server_name The name of an existing server for the foreign table. OPTIONS ( option 'value' [, ...] ) Options to be associated with the new foreign table or one of its columns. The allowed option names and values are specific to each foreign data wrapper and are validated using the foreign-data wrapper's validator function. Duplicate option names are not allowed (although it's OK for a table option and a column option to have the same name). EXAMPLES
Create foreign table films with film_server: CREATE FOREIGN TABLE films ( code char(5) NOT NULL, title varchar(40) NOT NULL, did integer NOT NULL, date_prod date, kind varchar(10), len interval hour to minute ) SERVER film_server; COMPATIBILITY
The CREATE FOREIGN TABLE command largely conforms to the SQL standard; however, much as with CREATE TABLE, NULL constraints and zero-column foreign tables are permitted. SEE ALSO
ALTER FOREIGN TABLE (ALTER_FOREIGN_TABLE(7)), DROP FOREIGN TABLE (DROP_FOREIGN_TABLE(7)), CREATE TABLE (CREATE_TABLE(7)), CREATE SERVER (CREATE_SERVER(7)) PostgreSQL 9.2.7 2014-02-17 CREATE FOREIGN TABLE(7)