Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers problems running a sql loader script Post 302100826 by jim mcnamara on Friday 22nd of December 2006 07:33:56 PM
Old 12-22-2006
The first thing to check is the environment variables in the scheduled script.
Next make sure the script redirects stderr and stdout to the same log file.

cron jobs run with a different environment - eg. $ORACLE_HOME probably is not defined.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for accessing a file in the network drive and invoking oracle sql loader

Hi, Please let me know if anybody is having a solution handy for the below tasks... It would be helpful if somebody can resolve my query. I am new to unix and oracle environment and looking for some online reference for completing a task. Task: Check if the network drive exists Check... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayydevara
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Bus error(coredump) while running SQL*Loader in HP Unix 11

Hi All, I am getting coredump error, when I try to execute Oracle SQL*Loader from Shell script in Unix environment. But SQL*Loader from local machine runs fine with same database. SQL*Loader: Release 9.2.0.6.0 - Production on Mon Apr 23 05:23:47 2007 Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srinivas_paluku
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

A SQL Loader Script

Hi Guys, I am looking to develop a SQL Loader script that would bascially allow the user to have a txt file (or such) as an input file containing .sql scripts procedures, triggers, bascially anything against a database that could then be run automatically. Let me break it down a bit more,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LiquidChild
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sql loader script

hi all i am new to shell scripting. i have 35 flat files delimited files that i have to load in to a table. i was asked to create a shell script that loads the data into the table... could you please help me if you have a script. Also .. how to create logs files...does my sql... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh_tns
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in sql loader

Hi Frnds, I wanto load the data thats in data file with comma(,) delimited. it throw this errors SQL*Loader-951: Error calling once/load initialization ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1 ORA-00054: resource busy and acquire with NOWAIT specified Plz look at my file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gopal_Engg
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL*Loader

HI Experts, We have a ksh file named ldr_empdelta.ksh and it is having the SQL*LOADER script as follows. print "LOAD DATA" > $WEDB_GEN/ldrscan.ctl print "INFILE '"$LED_SCAN"/delta/led_del.dat'" >> $WEDB_GEN/ldrparms.ctl print "TRUNCATE" >> $WEDB_GEN/ldrscan.ctl print "PRESERVE BLANKS" >>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaykumarkona
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SQL loader script - ORACLE environmental variable

I am new in unix.. I am running a sql loader script where I have to specify the data file path but the file name contains spaces in it so giving error multiple arguments I have tried it with "" and '' but does n't work the command is : $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlldr... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sandip Dey
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

use of sql loader in the script

All, Below is the code written when sql loader loads the data: $ORACLE_EXEC_PATH/sqlldr userid=$user_passwd control=$CNTR_FILES/invoice.ctl log=$LOG_FILES/$INVOICE_FILE.log bad=$ER ROR_FILES/$INVOICE_FILE.bad data=$DATA_FILES/$INVOICE_FILE silent=FEEDBACK direct=false errors=50000 rc=$?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Oracle_User
1 Replies

9. Homework & Coursework Questions

Write a shell script for SQL loader to load data into a staging table

Hi, I'm new to Linux. I'm working on a database, and need to load data in a database table (which I already created) using shell script. The table has two columns - Acct_number (not nullable) and date (timestamp). I'm not able to write a shell script for that. Can any one help me? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saisudeep
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call SQL Loader in shell script?

HI Experts, I am pretty new to scripting and i need to create a perl or shell script which should fetch a file from local directory and insert the data into a table using sql loader. This will be later added to chron job to run daily and fetch all files and load them into the table. Also i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam1234
1 Replies
queuedefs(4)                                                       File Formats                                                       queuedefs(4)

NAME
queuedefs - queue description file for at, batch, and cron SYNOPSIS
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs DESCRIPTION
The queuedefs file describes the characteristics of the queues managed by cron(1M). Each non-comment line in this file describes one queue. The format of the lines are as follows: q.[njobj][nicen][nwaitw] The fields in this line are: q The name of the queue. a is the default queue for jobs started by at(1); b is the default queue for jobs started by batch (see at(1)); c is the default queue for jobs run from a crontab(1) file. njob The maximum number of jobs that can be run simultaneously in that queue; if more than njob jobs are ready to run, only the first njob jobs will be run, and the others will be run as jobs that are currently running terminate. The default value is 100. nice The nice(1) value to give to all jobs in that queue that are not run with a user ID of super-user. The default value is 2. nwait The number of seconds to wait before rescheduling a job that was deferred because more than njob jobs were running in that job's queue, or because the system-wide limit of jobs executing has been reached. The default value is 60. Lines beginning with # are comments, and are ignored. EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample file. # # a.4j1n b.2j2n90w This file specifies that the a queue, for at jobs, can have up to 4 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice value of 1. As no nwait value was given, if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. The b queue, for batch(1) jobs, can have up to 2 jobs running simultaneously; those jobs will be run with a nice(1) value of 2. If a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running, cron(1M) will wait 90 seconds before trying again to run it. All other queues can have up to 100 jobs running simultaneously; they will be run with a nice value of 2, and if a job cannot be run because too many other jobs are running cron will wait 60 seconds before trying again to run it. FILES
/etc/cron.d/queuedefs queue description file for at, batch, and cron. SEE ALSO
at(1), crontab(1), nice(1), cron(1M) SunOS 5.10 1 Mar 1994 queuedefs(4)