Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers .profile problem using set -o vi Post 302100725 by blowtorch on Friday 22nd of December 2006 12:31:39 AM
Old 12-22-2006
I checked on a Solaris 8 box, with ksh and it works just fine. Make sure that your shell is indeed ksh and (this may be a bit silly) make sure that your home directory exists and that you have write permissions on it. Otherwise ksh won't be able to write to the .sh_history file and you won't get any history.

Cheers,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with .profile

I wanted to add /home/oracle/sql to my path so that from which ever directory i connect to sqlplus i should be able to source the .sql files sitting in /home/oracle/sql. Also, this is what i tried but it doenst work # Set up the search paths: export ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh2: .profile not set correctly

When logging into solaris box through ssh, my profile does not get set correctly and I'm presented with the default ksh prompt "$". When logging in through telnet, everything is set correctly. Is there a special profile that sshd runs? ssh2: F-Secure SSH 2.4.0 (build 15) on sparc-sun-solaris2.8 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with .profile

Hi, i am changing something in .profile file and then esc :wq!. when i do the cat i can see the changes. but to bring the .profile in memory i have to do . .profile.but it says error while doing that is . .profile ksh: .profile: not found. can any body help thanks in advance sam71 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam71
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

set background/foreground color in .profile

I am using a telnet session (VT100) and need to modify my .profile so that it will set the color of the telnet session. I am not using Xterm (ie: can't use .Xdefaults). I am able to change the colors via menu's but need to preset in .profile. Is this possible??? Can't find anything at all on how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvella
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with .profile

I am trying to execute my .profile which has the path to oracle home. But when I execute it with the below command it says nothing and when I try to echo the ORACLE_HOME I am still in my home directory itself which means it didn't get executed. Please help how to make sure that .profile is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
6 Replies

6. Solaris

profile problem

for some reason my profile doesnt seem to be loading. here is some info $SHELL /sbin/sh $HOME / (yup, im running at root, its a VM and im using it to learn) created /.profile added something simple to test, PS1="test" logout and back in, open a terminal... prompt is still # ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrich523
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How do i permanently set bash profile??

Hi all, I don't want to enter below command on solaris every time. How do i permanently set this command on Solaris. I know that this operation is a piece of cake on redhat because there is a /etc/rc.local file on it. But Solaris ???? bash-3.00#export PS1="\e (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
2 Replies

8. AIX

How to make LOGNAME writeable? It is set as READONLY in .profile

LOGNAME variable is set as READONLY in .profile. I want to make it WRITEABLE so that I can modify the LOGNAME values programatically/throush shell programs. Thanks, Guru (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gurubbc
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to set up newgrp on .profile?

Hello all, I am having an issue setting up an environment on .profile. I want to set up my .profile in that way that everytime I login to the host, it should automatically set up my group. I tried the folllowing but it doesn't work. It is on the solaris OS. HOSTNAME=$(hostname) if ] || ]... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pateltiger
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

"ksh: XYZ: parameter not set" in .profile

Hi, A very basic query. I am working on two different UNIX servers and I see different behaviours for my user id. This has to be a setting in the .profile, but I can't seem to find where :confused: So, in one server if I type echo $XYZDD (a random variable), I get a blank line with no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ALDonP
2 Replies
Dist::Zilla::App::Command::new(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Dist::Zilla::App::Command::new(3pm)

NAME
Dist::Zilla::App::Command::new - mint a new dist VERSION
version 4.300020 SYNOPSIS
Creates a new Dist-Zilla based distribution under the current directory. $ dzil new Main::Module::Name There are two arguments, "-p" and "-P". "-P" specify the minting profile provider and "-p" - the profile name. The default profile provider first looks in the ~/.dzil/profiles/$profile_name and then among standard profiles, shipped with Dist::Zilla. For example: $ dzil new -p work Corporate::Library This command would instruct "dzil" to look in ~/.dzil/profiles/work for a profile.ini (or other "profile" config file). If no profile name is given, "dzil" will look for the "default" profile. If no default directory exists, it will use a very simple configuration shipped with Dist::Zilla. $ dzil new -P Foo Corporate::Library This command would instruct "dzil" to consult the Foo provider about the directory of 'default' profile. AUTHOR
Ricardo SIGNES <rjbs@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Ricardo SIGNES. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-21 Dist::Zilla::App::Command::new(3pm)