Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Getting a script to find another script via lookup service Post 302100713 by zeppelin147 on Thursday 21st of December 2006 07:44:39 PM
Old 12-21-2006
Yeah, I could do it like that. My thinking was that it would be better style of design not to use hard-coded values, but I suppose that using a lookup service would introduce uneccessary network traffic, so I think I'll take your advice. Cheers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

lookup script

hello I am a student taking an intro to UNIX class. I have an assignment I am having trouble completing. The assignment is as follows. i have a file called .addr_book that has various names and phone numbers in it. I need to write a script called lookup that will run like this I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tampaJim
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

whois lookup from script intermittently not working

Hello, I wrote a basic script to query a whois server using the whois system command to retrieve information about IP's. I have file containing the ip addresses which I feed to the whois command via a while loop. This seems to work sometimes. Most of the time, the whois command seems not to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliberson
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

variable lookup problem in shell script

Hi I have one properties file containing as $INSTALL_BASEPATH/mssages/commonmessages_default.properties $INSTALL_BASEPATH/resource/configurationBundle.properties and $INSTALL_BASEPATH is set in .bash_profile but from shell script when I read this file and use in copy statement then it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

lookup script

dear all.. need your help.. i have searching but still didn't find what i need. i have 2 file, i want to lookup one to many, the key is $1 : main.txt code.txt output.txt thanks.. br, herman (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buncit8
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script help needed(lookup 2 text files)

Hi, iam new to unix scripting need a help. The scenario is i have 2 text files. a.txt has colA colB colC colD JKU1270A JKU1042A 9 1 JKU1270A JKU1042B 9 1 JKU1270A JKU1042C 9 1 JKU1270B JKU1107B 9 1 JKU1270B JKU1107C 9 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tech_frk
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on lookup script

Hi All, I've had a look around the forum but cannot find any answers for what I want to do. I have 2 files : FILE 1 =============== ter049107 ter049048 2013-04-09 08:15:16 ter049056 ter049083 ter049112 2013-04-09 10:35:10 2013-04-09 10:29:47 2013-04-09 07:44:05 FILE 2 - note... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantv
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Service script

Hi Folks, I need to find out and trigger if the service is running to OK and not running to NOTOK. I use the below script but, its not the precise output. Anything missed out in the script: if chkconfig --list | grep -i sendmail then echo " The sendmail service is not running :... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

IP Address LookUp Bash Script

I am new to bash scripting. I want write a script that reads from the first argument file and run nslookup, then prints out each nslookup. Something like below: File name = ip 8.8.8.8 8.8.4.4 Bash shell script: nslookup.sh #!/bin/bash for i in $1 do nslookup $i done I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: boldnbeautiful
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell Script: User Lookup

Hi everyone, Let me start by stating this question is for homework help (not "help, my boss needs this ASAP") I have spent the last few days re-visiting this script, and cannot figure out where I am going wrong (something simple I'm sure). I am to build a script that searches for a user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jjc032681
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell script newbie- how to generate service log from shell script

Hi, I am totally a newbie to any programming languages and I just started an entry level job in an IT company. One of my recent tasks is to create a script that is able to show the log file of linux service (i.e. ntpd service) lets say, if I run my script ./test.sh, the output should be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiaogeji
3 Replies
SYSTEMD-NETWORKD.SERVICE(8)				     systemd-networkd.service				       SYSTEMD-NETWORKD.SERVICE(8)

NAME
systemd-networkd.service, systemd-networkd - Network manager SYNOPSIS
systemd-networkd.service /lib/systemd/systemd-networkd DESCRIPTION
systemd-networkd is a system service that manages networks. It detects and configures network devices as they appear, as well as creating virtual network devices. To configure low-level link settings independently of networks, see systemd.link(5). systemd-networkd will create network devices based on the configuration in systemd.netdev(5) files, respecting the [Match] sections in those files. systemd-networkd will manage network addresses and routes for any link for which it finds a .network file with an appropriate [Match] section, see systemd.network(5). For those links, it will flush existing network addresses and routes when bringing up the device. Any links not matched by one of the .network files will be ignored. It is also possible to explicitly tell systemd-networkd to ignore a link by using Unmanaged=yes option, see systemd.network(5). When systemd-networkd exits, it generally leaves existing network devices and configuration intact. This makes it possible to transition from the initrams and to restart the service without breaking connectivity. This also means that when configuration is updated and systemd-networkd is restarted, netdev interfaces for which configuration was removed will not be dropped, and may need to be cleaned up manually. CONFIGURATION FILES
The configuration files are read from the files located in the system network directory /lib/systemd/network, the volatile runtime network directory /run/systemd/network and the local administration network directory /etc/systemd/network. Networks are configured in .network files, see systemd.network(5), and virtual network devices are configured in .netdev files, see systemd.netdev(5). SEE ALSO
systemd(1), systemd.link(5), systemd.network(5), systemd.netdev(5), systemd-networkd-wait-online.service(8) systemd 237 SYSTEMD-NETWORKD.SERVICE(8)