Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with regular expressions Post 302100701 by arushunter on Thursday 21st of December 2006 06:07:30 PM
Old 12-21-2006
Help with regular expressions

I have following content in the file

CancelPolicyMultiLingual3=U|PC3|EN
RestaurantInfoCode1=U|restID1|1

I am trying to use following matching extression

\|([^$]+)

to get this

PC3|EN
restID1|1

Obviously it does not work.
Any ideas?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

regular expressions in c++

How do I use the regular expressions in c++? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: szzz
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expressions

Hi, can anyone advise me how to shorten this: if || ; then I tried but it dosent seem to work, whats the correct way. Cheers (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jack1981
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regular expressions

Hi Gurus, I need help with regular expressions. I want to create a regular expression which will take only alpha-numeric characters for 7 characters long and will throw out an error if longer than that. i tried various combinations but couldn't get it, please help me how to get it guys. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expressions

Hello, Let say I have a string with content "Free 100%". How can extract only "100" using ksh? I would this machanism to work if instead of "100" there is any kind of combination of numbers(ex. "32", "1238", "1"). I want to get only the digits. I have written something like this: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whatever
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Regular Expressions

Hi, below is a piece of code written by my predecessor at work. I'm kind of a newbie and am trying to figure out all the regular expressions in this piece of code. It is really a tough time for me to figure out all the regular expressions. Please shed some light on the regular expressions... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramky79
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regular expressions

In regular expressions with grep(or egrep), ^ works if we want something in starting of line..but what if we write ^^^ or ^ for pattern matching??..Hope u all r familiar with regular expressions for pattern matching.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aadi_uni
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expressions

#!/usr/bin/perl $word = "one last challenge"; if ( $word =~ /^(\w+).*\s(\w+)$/ ) { print "$1"; print "\n"; print "$2"; } The output shows that "$1" is with result one and "$2" is with result challenge. I am confused about how this pattern match expression works step by step. I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: DavidHe
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with regular expressions

I have a file that I'm trying to find all the cases of phone number extensions and deleting them. So input file looks like: abc x93825 def 13234 x52673 hello output looks like: abc def 13234 hello Basically delete lines that have 5 numbers following "x". I tried: x\(4) but it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxalpine
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expressions

I am new to shell scripts.Can u please help me on this req. test_user = "Arun" if echo "test_user is a word" else echo "test_user is not a word" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chandrababu
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expressions

I need to pick a part of string lets stay started with specific character and end with specific character to replace using sed command the line is like this:my audio book 71-skhdfon1dufgjhgf8.wav' I want to move the characters beginning with - end before. I have different files with random... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
2 Replies
tracker-search(1)						   User Commands						 tracker-search(1)

NAME
tracker-search - Search all content for keywords SYNOPSIS
tracker-search [OPTION...] EXPRESSION [EXPRESSION...] DESCRIPTION
tracker-search searches all indexed content for EXPRESSION. The resource in which EXPRESSION matches must exist (see --all for more infor- mation). All results are returned in ascending order. In all cases, if no EXPRESSION is given for an argument (like --folders for example) then ALL items in that category are returned instead. EXPRESSION One or more terms to search. The default operation is a logical AND. For logical OR operations, see -r. OPTIONS
-?, --help-all Display all help options available. -l, --limit=N Limit search to N results. The default is 10 or 512 with --disable-snippets. -o, --offset=N Offset the search results by N. For example, start at item number 10 in the results. The default is 0. -r, --or-operator Use OR for search terms instead of AND (the default) -d, --detailed Show the unique URN associated with each search result. This does not apply to --music-albums and --music-artists. -a, --all Show results which might not be available. This might bebecause a removable media is not mounted for example. Without this option, resources are only shown if they exist. This option applies to all command line switches except --disable-snippets Results are shown with snippets. Snippets are context around the word that was searched for in the first place. This gives some idea of if the resource found is the right one. Snippets require Full Text Search to be compile time enabled AND to not be disabled with --disable-fts. Using --disable-snippets only shows the resources which matched, no context is provided about where the match occurred. --disable-fts If Full Text Search (FTS) is available, this option allows it to be disabled for one off searches. This returns results slightly using particular properties to match the search terms (like nie:title) instead of looking for the search terms amongst ALL proper- ties. It is more limiting to do this, but sometimes searching without FTS can yield better results if the FTS ranking is off. --disable-color This disables any ANSI color use on the command line. By default this is enabled to make it easier to see results. --music-albums and --music-artists. -f, --files Search for files of any type matching EXPRESSION (optional). -s, --folders Search for folders matching EXPRESSION (optional). -m, --music Search for music files matching EXPRESSION (optional). --music-albums Search for music albums matching EXPRESSION (optional). --music-artists Search for music artists matching EXPRESSION (optional). -i, --images Search for images matching EXPRESSION (optional). -v, --videos Search for videos matching EXPRESSION (optional). -t, --documents Search for documents matching EXPRESSION (optional). -e, --emails Search for emails matching EXPRESSION (optional). Returns a list of subjects for emails found. -c, --contacts Search for contacts matching EXPRESSION (optional). Returns a list of names and email addresses found. --software Search for software installed matching EXPRESSION (optional). Returns a list of desktop files and application titles found. --software-categories Search for software categories matching EXPRESSION (optional). Returns a list of urns and their categories (e.g. Settings, Video, Utility, etc). --feeds Search through RSS feed information matching EXPRESSION (optional). Returns a list of those found. -b, --bookmarks Search through bookmarks matching EXPRESSION (optional). Returns a list titles and links for each bookmark found. -V, --version Print version. SEE ALSO
tracker-store(1), tracker-stats(1), tracker-tag(1), tracker-info(1). GNU
July 2009 tracker-search(1)