Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers .profile problem using set -o vi Post 302100692 by jimmyc on Thursday 21st of December 2006 02:53:06 PM
Old 12-21-2006
Shell is K shell
No error produced.

It doesn't appear to execuite the set -o vi command from the .profile. Once I'm at the command line set -o vi works just fine. I was hoping to set it up in the .profile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with .profile

I wanted to add /home/oracle/sql to my path so that from which ever directory i connect to sqlplus i should be able to source the .sql files sitting in /home/oracle/sql. Also, this is what i tried but it doenst work # Set up the search paths: export ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jigarlakhani
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh2: .profile not set correctly

When logging into solaris box through ssh, my profile does not get set correctly and I'm presented with the default ksh prompt "$". When logging in through telnet, everything is set correctly. Is there a special profile that sshd runs? ssh2: F-Secure SSH 2.4.0 (build 15) on sparc-sun-solaris2.8 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with .profile

Hi, i am changing something in .profile file and then esc :wq!. when i do the cat i can see the changes. but to bring the .profile in memory i have to do . .profile.but it says error while doing that is . .profile ksh: .profile: not found. can any body help thanks in advance sam71 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam71
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

set background/foreground color in .profile

I am using a telnet session (VT100) and need to modify my .profile so that it will set the color of the telnet session. I am not using Xterm (ie: can't use .Xdefaults). I am able to change the colors via menu's but need to preset in .profile. Is this possible??? Can't find anything at all on how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvella
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with .profile

I am trying to execute my .profile which has the path to oracle home. But when I execute it with the below command it says nothing and when I try to echo the ORACLE_HOME I am still in my home directory itself which means it didn't get executed. Please help how to make sure that .profile is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
6 Replies

6. Solaris

profile problem

for some reason my profile doesnt seem to be loading. here is some info $SHELL /sbin/sh $HOME / (yup, im running at root, its a VM and im using it to learn) created /.profile added something simple to test, PS1="test" logout and back in, open a terminal... prompt is still # ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrich523
2 Replies

7. Solaris

How do i permanently set bash profile??

Hi all, I don't want to enter below command on solaris every time. How do i permanently set this command on Solaris. I know that this operation is a piece of cake on redhat because there is a /etc/rc.local file on it. But Solaris ???? bash-3.00#export PS1="\e (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
2 Replies

8. AIX

How to make LOGNAME writeable? It is set as READONLY in .profile

LOGNAME variable is set as READONLY in .profile. I want to make it WRITEABLE so that I can modify the LOGNAME values programatically/throush shell programs. Thanks, Guru (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gurubbc
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to set up newgrp on .profile?

Hello all, I am having an issue setting up an environment on .profile. I want to set up my .profile in that way that everytime I login to the host, it should automatically set up my group. I tried the folllowing but it doesn't work. It is on the solaris OS. HOSTNAME=$(hostname) if ] || ]... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pateltiger
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

"ksh: XYZ: parameter not set" in .profile

Hi, A very basic query. I am working on two different UNIX servers and I see different behaviours for my user id. This has to be a setting in the .profile, but I can't seem to find where :confused: So, in one server if I type echo $XYZDD (a random variable), I get a blank line with no... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ALDonP
2 Replies
stringprep_strerror(3)						      libidn						    stringprep_strerror(3)

NAME
stringprep_strerror - API function SYNOPSIS
#include <stringprep.h> const char * stringprep_strerror(Stringprep_rc rc); ARGUMENTS
Stringprep_rc rc a Stringprep_rc return code. DESCRIPTION
Convert a return code integer to a text string. This string can be used to output a diagnostic message to the user. STRINGPREP_OK Successful operation. This value is guaranteed to always be zero, the remaining ones are only guaranteed to hold non-zero values, for log- ical comparison purposes. STRINGPREP_CONTAINS_UNASSIGNED String contain unassigned Unicode code points, which is forbidden by the profile. STRINGPREP_CONTAINS_PROHIBITED String contain code points prohibited by the profile. STRINGPREP_BIDI_BOTH_L_AND_RAL String contain code points with conflicting bidirection category. STRINGPREP_BIDI_LEADTRAIL_NOT_RAL Leading and trailing character in string not of proper bidirectional category. STRINGPREP_BIDI_CONTAINS_PROHIBITED Contains prohibited code points detected by bidirectional code. STRINGPREP_TOO_SMALL_BUFFER Buffer handed to function was too small. This usually indicate a problem in the calling application. STRINGPREP_PROFILE_ERROR The stringprep profile was inconsistent. This usually indicate an internal error in the library. STRINGPREP_FLAG_ERROR The supplied flag conflicted with profile. This usually indicate a problem in the calling application. STRINGPREP_UNKNOWN_PROFILE The supplied profile name was not known to the library. STRINGPREP_NFKC_FAILED The Unicode NFKC operation failed. This usually indicate an internal error in the library. STRINGPREP_MALLOC_ERROR The malloc() was out of memory. This is usually a fatal error. RETURN VALUE
Returns a pointer to a statically allocated string containing a description of the error with the return code rc. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-libidn@gnu.org>. GNU Libidn home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/libidn/ General help using GNU software: http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002-2013 Simon Josefsson. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for libidn is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and libidn programs are properly installed at your site, the command info libidn should give you access to the complete manual. libidn 1.28 stringprep_strerror(3)