Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris command to scan Enterprise storage Lun disk in Solaris Post 302100620 by sparcguy on Thursday 21st of December 2006 02:34:14 AM
Old 12-21-2006
I have not used ibm jbod equipment with sun but I think for such 3rd party kinds of storage installations you may need to modify the entries within sd.conf under /kernel/drv

as what to modify you need to refer to the installation manual, before you modify anything first take a backup cp sd.conf sd.conf.org

then after u're done modifying the file, touch reconfigure follows by reboot

if you stll can't see the disks try going to "ok" prompt do a probe-scsi-all or probe-fcal-all

Last edited by sparcguy; 12-21-2006 at 05:36 AM..

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

I have LUN ID, how to find disk relate to that LUN ID?

I have a list of LUN ID, my task is to find if disk has been added or not. How do I do that? I have been searching the forum and not able to find answer. thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: uuontario
4 Replies

2. HP-UX

FC Lun scan without unmount

OS : 11.31 Storage : HP P2000 WE extended one lun to 100GB which was previously 50GB from storage side... How to get detect the size without unmounting.... ---------- Post updated at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:37 AM ---------- No LVM and No online JFS installed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvaforum
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10, adding new LUN from SAN storage

Hello to all, Actually, currently on my Solaris box, I've a LUN (5TB space) from a EMC storage which is working fine, and a partition with ZFS filesystem is created for that LUN. as further you'll see in the logs, the "c4t6006016053802E00E6A9196B6506E211d0s2" is the current configured LUN in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anti_Evil
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

Scan for new LUN and create a new file system

Hi Please I dont have a lot of redhat skills, but I need some help on creating a file system. I need to rescan for this new LUN, so I try to check existing LUNs: fdisk -l Disk /dev/sda: 299.4 GB, 299439751168 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 36404 cylinders Units = cylinders of... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies

5. Solaris

LUn' unmapped from storage still showing on Solaris 10

How can i remove LUN's from solaris 10 those are unmapped from SAN? from storage side i got confirmation that they removed lun. but in my solaris box still it's visible. i tried below. root@globalares2.example.com #luxadm -e offline /dev/rdsk/c2t600D02310007D16C42FF09E24B5B8255d0s2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
7 Replies
probe(9E)							Driver Entry Points							 probe(9E)

NAME
probe - determine if a non-self-identifying device is present SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/conf.h> #include <sys/ddi.h> #include <sys/sunddi.h> static intprefixprobe(dev_info_t *dip); INTERFACE LEVEL
Solaris DDI specific (Solaris DDI). This entry point is required for non-self-identifying devices. You must write it for such devices. For self-identifying devices, nulldev(9F) should be specified in the dev_ops(9S) structure if a probe routine is not necessary. ARGUMENTS
dip Pointer to the device's dev_info structure. DESCRIPTION
probe() determines whether the device corresponding to dip actually exists and is a valid device for this driver. probe() is called after identify(9E) and before attach(9E) for a given dip. For example, the probe() routine can map the device registers using ddi_map_regs(9F) then attempt to access the hardware using ddi_peek(9F) or ddi_poke(9F) and determine if the device exists. Then the device registers should be unmapped using ddi_unmap_regs(9F). To probe a device that was left powered off after the last detach(), it might be necessary to power it up. If so, the driver must power up the device by accessing device registers directly. pm_raise_power(9F) will be not be available until attach(9E). The framework ensures that the ancestors of the node being probed and all relevant platform-specific power management hardware is at full power at the time that probe() is called. probe() should only probe the device. It should not change any software state and should not create any software state. Device initializa- tion should be done in attach(9E). For a self-identifying device, this entry point is not necessary. However, if a device exists in both self-identifying and non-self-identi- fying forms, a probe() routine can be provided to simplify the driver. ddi_dev_is_sid(9F) can then be used to determine whether probe() needs to do any work. See ddi_dev_is_sid(9F) for an example. RETURN VALUES
DDI_PROBE_SUCCESS If the probe was successful. DDI_PROBE_FAILURE If the probe failed. DDI_PROBE_DONTCARE If the probe was unsuccessful, yet attach(9E) should still be called. DDI_PROBE_PARTIAL If the instance is not present now, but may be present in the future. SEE ALSO
attach(9E), identify(9E), ddi_dev_is_sid(9F), ddi_map_regs(9F), ddi_peek(9F), ddi_poke(9F), nulldev(9F), dev_ops(9S) Writing Device Drivers SunOS 5.11 18 Nov 1992 probe(9E)