Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Error while adding a new user using Solaris Management Console. Post 302100481 by response_manu on Wednesday 20th of December 2006 05:20:00 AM
Old 12-20-2006
Error while adding a new user using Solaris Management Console.

Hi All,
I am adding a new user by using Solaris Manamement Console after Remotely Access through Xmanager 1.3.9.
But after completing all steps its through an error as follows.

The Actual Error Reported was :

The management Domain file :/abc/abc do not exist or can not be managed on abc.

Whre abc.xyz.com is my server name.

Please Guide.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
manu

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

User accounts management in solaris

I want to know about how to start and kill the process of other unix user. Do I need to change the owner or modify user account itself. ??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikasdeshmukh
1 Replies

2. Debian

misc : console & pakage management

Two unrelated questions here: 1/ In debian, is it possible to change the font and resolution of the console (not xterm)? 2/ still in debian, how can you know what packages have been installed ? I'm thinking to something similar to pkg_info on FreeBSD. thx. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jad
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Red stop signs in Solaris Management Console 2.1

I've installed Solaris 10 (x86 8/07) on a Dell PowerEdge 2950. When I bring up the Solaris Management Console I get red stop sign looking icons on all areas (System Status, System Configuration, Services, Storage, and Devices and hardware) under This computer. Originally nothing was showing up... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kayroreality
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Non-gui equivalent to SMC Management Console?

Forgive my naievety, but is there a non-Gui version of the administration tool, SMC? I need to run this on a remote Putty login and it is just plain UNIX. When I invoke SMC, I get java.lang.ClassLoader errors, a bunch of jibberish and a root prompt. I have searched Google, seems as if it... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffpas
14 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

Veritas Cluster Server Management Console IP Failover

I have just completed a first RTFM of "Veritas Cluster Server Management Console Implementation Guide" 5.1, with a view to assessing it to possibly make our working lives easier. Unfortunately, at my organisation, getting a test installation would be worse than pulling teeth, so I can't just go... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Beast Of Bodmin
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Adding a user twice to Solaris OS

is it possible to add a user twice to solaris server with the same id? i have been added twice in the past week and that is messing up one application that i am using which authenticate against the os. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: basel
10 Replies

7. Red Hat

implement management console

HI All, I have 5 linux Servers in my DC. Now I need to install Management console for all these servers, Can any one guide me , what are all the necessary things needed to do this and any steps to be followed. Thanks in advance, JeganR (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

8. Solaris

Adding User in Solaris Error.....

Hi all, when I type this command useradd -d /home/ram89 -m ram89 it gives an error unable to create home directory. Why so ? How to create user in Solaris? The perfect method? Please guide me. Thanks in advance Manali. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Adding user with Sudo permission in solaris 9

How can I add user with Sudo permission in solaris 9 ? I'm new in Solaris (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmednoaman
2 Replies
FS_WHEREIS(1)						       AFS Command Reference						     FS_WHEREIS(1)

NAME
fs_whereis - Reports each file server housing a file or directory SYNOPSIS
fs whereis [-path <dir/file path>+] [-help] fs whe [-p <dir/file path>+] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs whereis command returns the name of each file server machine that houses the volume containing each directory or file named by the -path argument. OPTIONS
-path <dir/file path>+ Names each AFS file or directory for which to return the host file server machine. Partial pathnames are interpreted relative to the current working directory, which is also the default value if this argument is omitted. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The output includes a line for each specified directory or file. It names the file server machine on which the volume that houses the specified directory or file resides. A list of multiple machines indicates that the directory or file is in a replicated volume. Machine names usually have a suffix indicating their cell membership. If the cell is not clear, use the fs whichcell command to display the cell in which the directory or file resides. To display the cell membership of the local machine, use the fs wscell command. EXAMPLES
The following example indicates that volume housing the directory /afs/abc.com resides is replicated on both "fs1.abc.com" and "fs3.abc.com": % fs whereis -path /afs/abc.com File /afs/abc.com is on hosts fs1.abc.com fs3.abc.com PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
fs_whichcell(1), fs_wscell(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_WHEREIS(1)