Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Invoke perl program from Ksh
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Invoke perl program from Ksh Post 302100320 by aju_kup on Tuesday 19th of December 2006 01:37:00 AM
Old 12-19-2006
it will assign first input arg to variable on left and then it will perform left shift on input args. this functionality is available in shell script aslo.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Invoke java program in different processc d

I have a simple script like this: for file in $dodfiles; do ./rundod $file done $dodfiles is an array of file names selected rundod is a script which invokes a java progrm which process a data file all the processing message logged into a log file in order to extract and analyze the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: liux99
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Invoke java program in script

Hey all, My boss tasked me with the job to write a script which would invoke various java programs, the thing is I don't know much about shell scripting so would you experts help me out? Here is the requirement - 2 applications written in java: App_A and App_B -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpang_
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

invoke ksh in SunOS 5.7

Hi I have the following in .kshrc file set -o allexport HOSTNAME=$(uname -n) HISTSIZE=50 EDITOR=vi ENV=$HOME/.kshrc PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local:/etc/bin/:/bin:/usr/local/bin:. bind =complete set +o allexport clear and I have the following in .profile umask 077... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muru
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to Invoke html in ksh Script

how to invoke html file from a ksh shell plz help......... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to invoke a perl script from java program

Hi: I need to invoke a perl script from a java applet program in UNIX operating system.. Can you please suggest me!!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajesh_955
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to invoke a sh script from KSH

Hi all, Iam writing a KSH script which needs to export dispaly to Xwindows and then involke a sh script .. But a core file is getting genrated for reasons not known to me. Please check i need incorporate below mentioend code in my script which iam not abel to .. export DISPLAY=`who am i |... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahman_riyaz
1 Replies

7. Solaris

How to invoke remote java program from ssh

How can i invoke java program from MC1, when I connect remotely to execute can I set classpath etc. ____________ <-------------->____________________ |..................|<-------------->|...............................| |..................|<-------------->|...............................|... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vishnu559
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Invoke unix script using c program

hi i want to invoke a unix script in a C program and also return some value from the script to the C program to use that value further. Basically i am doing a Lookup operation in this unix script and returning the looked up data from a oracle database table.. please help me invoke as well... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: somi2yoga
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script of invoke an email program

Is it possible that a shell script invokes a windows mailing application like Lotus Notes and creates a mail and sends it ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: csrohit
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to invoke external program and capture its output

Hi all, I am using an external binary to view memory starting from a specific address and i want to automate this via PERL however there are problems. Hope you can help me ..thx The output of the programme is like below: bash-3.2$ mem_disp 12B21D20 100 Opening RO Data Memory File scp.ro... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ekckabatop
4 Replies
SPEEDY_BACKEND(1p)														SPEEDY_BACKEND(1p)

NAME
speedy_backend - the backend process for a persistent Perl interpreter SYNOPSIS
none ; this program is not meant to be called directly. DESCRIPTION
speedy, short for SpeedyCGI, is a way to run perl scripts persistently, which can make them run much more quickly. After the script is initially run, instead of exiting, the perl interpreter is kept running inside a backend process, speedy_backend. Dur- ing subsequent runs, this interpreter is used to handle new executions instead of starting a new perl interpreter each time. A very fast frontend program, speedy, written in C, is executed for each request. This fast frontend then contacts the persistent Perl process, which is usually already running, to do the work and return the results. Each perl script runs in its own Unix process, so one perl script can't interfere with another. Command line options can also be used to deal with programs that have memory leaks or other problems that might keep them from otherwise running persistently. The speedy front end connects to the back end process, speedy_backend, via a Unix socket in /tmp. A queue is kept in a shared file in /tmp that holds an entry for each process. In that queue are the pids of the perl processes waiting for connections. The frontend pulls a process out of this queue, connects to its socket, sends over the environment and argv, and then uses this socket for stdin/stdout to the perl process. FILES
/tmp/speedy* A unix socket used to connect to the frontend process. AUTHOR
Sam Horrocks http://daemoninc.com sam@daemoninc.com NOTES
This manual page was created by Niko Tyni <ntyni@iki.fi> for Debian GNU/Linux, because the original program does not have one. It is based on the original and more complete CGI::SpeedyCGI(3pm) manual page. SEE ALSO
perl(1), CGI::SpeedyCGI(3pm), speedy(1) SPEEDY_BACKEND(1p)