Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Monitoring Unix systems
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Monitoring Unix systems Post 302099612 by gen4ik on Wednesday 13th of December 2006 06:45:53 AM
Old 12-13-2006
Maybe is there anything additional? It's not so much suitable..
Thanks.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

eBay Unix systems

I should add a disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the sellers in any way, nor do I have any more knowledge than any other person reading the description about the item. This is simply for your reference. I see a good number of people wanting a SPARC system to play with, and even more that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

distributers of unix systems

Well i've been looking for some unix systems to download but with all the technical stuff they talk about on the sites i think that it would be betterif i just bought oneat a store so it comeswith directions and stuff, but is there any unix system that will coincidentally run with MS-dos mode? and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shag134
1 Replies

3. SCO

Sharing unix drives from two unix systems

I have two SCO openserver systems, 1 in the US and 1 in the UK. I am setting up a vpn to connect the two local networks that also have windows pc's on them. Is there a way that either unix system can see the hard drive on the other unix system so that I can share data between them. I run a cobol... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rongrout
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file systems for unix

please someone give me 3 file systems for unix HP-UX version !!! thnks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: androc
2 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Monitoring file systems backup

Hello, I have some questions. There are some File systems which are located on a SAN. There are two scenarios: 1) Some file systems are permanently mounted on certain servers 2) Others are part of a high availability cluster In case of a cluster the needed file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frhling
1 Replies
CHUDREMOTECTRL(1)					      General Commands Manual						 CHUDREMOTECTRL(1)

NAME
chudRemoteCtrl - start or stop the collection of performance monitor data in a performance monitor remote server application. SYNOPSIS
chudRemoteCtrl [ -m ] [ executable [args... ] ] chudRemoteCtrl -s label chudRemoteCtrl -e chudRemoteCtrl -k PID DESCRIPTION
chudRemoteCtrl is a command line tool that allows for the collection of performance data by any active performance monitor remote server application. There are currently two CHUD Tools that can be put in remote performance monitor server mode: MONster, and Shark (as well as their command line counterparts). Typically, chudRemoteCtrl is invoked on the command line or in a shell script, followed by the path to an executable to be measured and its arguments. chudRemoteCtrl issues a chudStartRemotePerfMonitor message immediately after launching the specified target program. When the launched program terminates, chudRemoteCtrl issues a chudStopRemotePerfMonitor message, and then exits. When the '-s', '-e' or '-k PID' options are used, no program is launched. OPTIONS
-r seconds: If the 'chudStartRemotePerfMonitor' message fails to either acquire or start the remote monitoring service, then keep try- ing to start again, until the specified number of seconds has elapsed. The same thing is true of the '-e' option. If there is a '-r <seconds>' argument on the command line, and a failure occurs trying to stop the remote profiling program, the stop message will be sent again until the retry time limit is reached. -s label: Issue a chudStartRemotePerfMonitor message with the specified label and exit. A 'label' is a string of up to 32 characters. -e Issue a chudStopRemotePerfMonitor message and exit. -q silence some of the non-essential warning and error output. -kPID Send a UNIX signal (SIGUSR1 to start profiling, SIGUSR2 to stop profiling) to the specified process-id. For example, if a command- line profiling tool, is running as PID 4267, using '-k 4267' along with a '-s' will send a SIGUSR1 to the command-line profiling tool and it will start sampling, while '-k 4267' along with a '-e' will send a SIGUSR2 to the command-line profiling tool and it will stop sampling. A 'start' example: % chudRemoteCtrl -s session_42 -k 4267. And a 'stop' example: % chudRemoteCtrl -e -k 4267. The command-line CHUD tool 'shark' responds to UNIX signals and toggles performance profiling. You can repeatedly send '-s <label> -k <PID#>' to shark and it will toggle profiling start or stop. Sending '-e -k <PID#>' to shark will stop sampling (if it's run- ning) and cause shark to EXIT. -m Set the performance monitor mark bit in the main thread of the launched child process. DIAGNOSTICS
chudRemoteCtrl returns a zero (0) upon success and a non-zero value on failure. BUGS
Please send your comments, suggestions and bug reports to: perftools-feedback@group.apple.com SEE ALSO
monster(1), shark(1) CHUD
6 October 2003 CHUDREMOTECTRL(1)