Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Monitoring Unix systems
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Monitoring Unix systems Post 302099612 by gen4ik on Wednesday 13th of December 2006 06:45:53 AM
Old 12-13-2006
Maybe is there anything additional? It's not so much suitable..
Thanks.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

eBay Unix systems

I should add a disclaimer: I am not affiliated with the sellers in any way, nor do I have any more knowledge than any other person reading the description about the item. This is simply for your reference. I see a good number of people wanting a SPARC system to play with, and even more that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

distributers of unix systems

Well i've been looking for some unix systems to download but with all the technical stuff they talk about on the sites i think that it would be betterif i just bought oneat a store so it comeswith directions and stuff, but is there any unix system that will coincidentally run with MS-dos mode? and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shag134
1 Replies

3. SCO

Sharing unix drives from two unix systems

I have two SCO openserver systems, 1 in the US and 1 in the UK. I am setting up a vpn to connect the two local networks that also have windows pc's on them. Is there a way that either unix system can see the hard drive on the other unix system so that I can share data between them. I run a cobol... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rongrout
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file systems for unix

please someone give me 3 file systems for unix HP-UX version !!! thnks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: androc
2 Replies

5. Infrastructure Monitoring

Monitoring file systems backup

Hello, I have some questions. There are some File systems which are located on a SAN. There are two scenarios: 1) Some file systems are permanently mounted on certain servers 2) Others are part of a high availability cluster In case of a cluster the needed file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frhling
1 Replies
envconfig(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      envconfig(8)

NAME
envconfig - Configures the Environmental Monitoring daemon SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/envconfig -c var=value /usr/sbin/envconfig start | stop /usr/sbin/envconfig -q OPTIONS
Environmental Monitoring provides a means of detecting system threshold conditions, that if exceeded, could result in a loss of data or damage to the system itself. To detect and notify users of critical conditions, the envmond daemon is used. This utility, envconfig, is used to customize the envmond daemon. This section describes the envconfig options you can use to configure the daemon. Sets the vari- ables that specify how the system environment is monitored. These variables are stored in the /etc/rc.config file and are read by the envmond daemon at system start-up. If a variable is not set, the default value of that variable is assumed. Specifies the state of Envi- ronmental Monitoring. If this variable is set to zero (0), the Environmental Monitoring package is not started during the system boot. If this variable is set to 1, and Environmental Monitoring is supported by that platform, it is started during the system boot. The default value is zero (0). Specifies the time (in minutes) that can elapse between the detection of a high temperature condition and the shutdown of the system. The default value is 15 minutes. Specifies the threshold level that can be encountered before the envmond daemon broad- casts a warning and suggested action. Specifies the frequency (in seconds) between queries of the system by the envmond daemon. The default value is 60 seconds. Specifies the path of a user-defined script that you want to the envmond daemon to execute when a high threshold level is encountered. The envmond daemon continues to check the environment after the script has executed and proceeds as needed should the high threshold levels persist. If you set this variable, the envmond daemon directs output from the script to /dev/console. Output is not displayed on standard output or written to a file as this is not the behavior of the daemon. To display on standard output, explicitly specify the logger command within the user defined script. Turns the envmond daemon on or off after system startup. Displays the values of ENVMON_CONFIGURED, ENVMON_GRACE_PERIOD, ENVMON_HIGH_THRESH, ENVMON_MONITOR_PERIOD and ENVMON_USER_SCRIPT as specified in the /etc/rc.config file. If a specified entry is not found, the environmental variable is not displayed. DESCRIPTION
The envconfig utility is used to customize the envmond daemon. You must have root privileges to use this utility. Using this utility, you can: Specify whether or not Environmental Monitoring is turned on or off at system startup. Specify how much time can elapse between the envmond daemon encountering a critical condition and the daemon initiating an orderly shutdown of the system. Specify how frequently the envmond daemon queries the system for information. Start and stop the envmond after Environmental Monitoring has been turned on at system startup. Display the settings of the environment variables as specified in the /etc/rc.config file. Note that the feature that you want to monitor must be supported on a given platform. For example, the AlphaServer 8400/GS140 supports reporting of power supply and fan status, the current system temperature, and the maximum allowed system temperature. EXAMPLES
The following procedure describes how you test for and start the environmental monitoring subsystem In multiuser mode, check the status of the environmental monitoring subsystem as follows: # /sbin/sysconfig -q envmon envmon: env_current_temp = 35 env_high_temp_thresh = 40 env_fan_status = 0 env_ps_status = 0 env_supported = 1 If the value of env_supported is 0, configure the envmond daemon and reboot the system using either of the following methods: At the com- mand prompt, enter the following command: # /usr/sbin/envconfig -c ENVMON_CONFIGURED=1 Use the rcmgr command as follows: # rcmgr set ENVMON_CONFIGURED 1 This command will enable the envmond daemon and export the variable, creating the following two lines in the /etc/rc.configfile: ENVMON_CONFIGURED="1" export ENVMON_CONFIGURED You can use the /sbin/sysconfig command to view the system environment at any time. The envmond daemon will the print warning messages in the event of a power supply failure, abnormality, or high temperatures. Error logs are logged in the /var/adm/binary.errlog. In the following example, the system shuts down in 10 minutes if the temperature does not fall below the critical threshold. /usr/sbin/envconfig -c ENVMON_GRACE_PERIOD=10 FILES
Databases that contains the values of the environment monitoring variables. Note that you must use the rcmgr comand to update the rc.con- fig* files, particularly on clustered systems. SEE ALSO
Commands: envmond(8) envconfig(8)