Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: mksysb and system activity
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers mksysb and system activity Post 302099528 by kapilraj on Tuesday 12th of December 2006 04:32:33 PM
Old 12-12-2006
mksysb tries to make an image of the running rootvg. If you have unwanted filesystems in rootvg , mention them in /etc/exclude.rootvg and then run mksysb with "-e" option. It does not matter whether application is up or users logged in.

Regds,

Kaps

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How can I authorize a non-root user to do a system backup with 'mksysb'?

I use AIX 5.2 I want to allow a non-root user to do a system backup with 'mksysb' command. I try to add 'ManageBackup' Role to that non-root user but it have an error "ksh: mksysb: 0403-006 Execute permission denied." What should I do? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIX122
8 Replies

2. AIX

System activity

Hi, I want to find program's file read,write for a particular time.For example i am executing an application called test1, this will get input from some parameter files(file1,file2,file3) and it will write to some files(file4,file5), so i want to execute one program which will capture these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnanadurai_it
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to monitor system activity while executing tests

I need to monitor system activity (RAM, CPU usage, execution time) while running some tests on solaris, linux and aix and save the output. Please advise whether there's a utility available for these systems? How can time the execution of the command? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smovla
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Strange system activity no matter what I try

When I choose to encrypt my drive during a Linux install, it encryps it, but I receive errors in dmesg and in ~/.xsessions-errors during use. The first error is in dmesg where it sometimes shows errors writing to the encypted device. The second error is in ~/.xsessions-errors with an error about... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: justgoogleit
0 Replies

5. Red Hat

system activity and information data

Hi all, i need to collect all system activities data(processes running, disk details, memory, etc), system logs and things related. i heard of cfg2html but its not available for my CentOS distro(i may need to install separately but thats not what i wana do). i can use sar for syatem... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajayyadavmca
1 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

System Activity Report

Hi team , I am working on monitoring the solaris machine utilization continously with shell script without using any thirdparty software. I stuck at below commands which are limited to 1000000000 seconds. CPU Utilization sar -u 1 1000000000 Disk Utilization sar -d 1 1000000000 Memory... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tarun_nix
4 Replies

7. AIX

Cloning a system via mksysb backup from one system and restore to new system

Hello All, I am trying to clone an entire AIX virtual machine to a new virtual machine including all partitions and OS.Can anyone help me on the procedure to follow? I am not really sure on how it can be done.Thanks in advance. Please use CODE tags for sample input, sample output, and for code... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
4 Replies
virtual-filesystems(7)					 Miscellaneous Information Manual				    virtual-filesystems(7)

NAME
virtual-filesystems - event signalling that virtual filesystems have been mounted SYNOPSIS
virtual-filesystems [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The virtual-filesystems event is generated by the mountall(8) daemon after it has mounted all virtual filesystems listed in fstab(5). mountall(8) emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other activity. This event is typically used by services that must be started in order to mount other filesystems. When this event occurs, common filesys- tems such as /usr may not be mounted. For most normal services the filesystem(7) event is sufficient. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to be running once virtual filesystems are mounted might use: start on virtual-filesystems SEE ALSO
mounting(7) mounted(7) local-filesystems(7) remote-filesystems(7) all-swaps(7) filesystem(7) mountall 2009-12-21 virtual-filesystems(7)